• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey All,

It's off to the Red Sea again today. I must be nuts. It's going to be a zoo out there. A little windy too but what weather and what fun! Everytime I drive past Round Lake I see anglers out there. I'm going to have to try that perch fishery sometime. Don't care if they're grubby. Just want to catch a few big ones. Speaking of Round, I think they have the Perch Jerker contest out there today. Nice day for it. Tight lines........GC

How did you do on Upper Red? Where did you go out of?

I will be up there next weekend.

Team Otter,

Just got back from the Red Sea. Three of us (me, a friend, and his 8 year old son)caught at least 30 fish tonight. I know I caught over 20 myself. Average size was 13". Went out of Hudec's. I caught one fish at 3:00 p.m. and the next one at 6:00 p.m. Had a very nice limit by 6:30 p.m. The lake road is a bit scary. Has a lot of water on it. I'm sure it'll be froze back into shape when you're up. Good luck.

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

Greg, I was up at the "ZOO" too. The road out of Hudacs SAT. was a bit scary. The bridge over the pressure ridge was only passable if you had a 4-wheel drive truck. We left around 9:30 pm and the water was very deep in the plowed roads. 3 people 29 crappies. It was worth the trip.

Red was slow for us on fri w/ 5 fish but we made up for it w/ limits on sat. Awesome weather and a nice bright moon made for a perfect weekend!!
redhooks

I'm thinking about heading that way again this Saturday. I'd appreciate any current lake access and lake travel info before then. Thanks. GC

Greg- I'll probably be up there friday and will post how I do late fri night.
redhooks

Went out of WW Tuesday evening - fishing was slow. Moved around quite abit with no luck finding the pigs. Ended up with 6 btw the 3 of us and caught some nice eyes. Don't worry they went back down the hole but not before we took some pics. DNR CO said everyone he talked to out there wasn't doing good that evening but that was before dark. I heard good reports out of WW this past weekend so I decided to give it a try. Maybe we should've tried hudecs?? Decisions Decisions Decisions!! Make or break a trip. Ice conditions not to bad - too much water in the roads so you had to drive out along them. Access was pretty good too but you'd better have a 4X4 - ruts got pretty deep.

We went out of Hillmans 3-4 miles out moved about 6 times looking in virgin territory between hillmans and hudecs roads before going back to our group on the fringes-Ended up with about 30 fish between 8 guys-not great but still a nice night to hookin a few. 4x4 needed to get out on the lake.
redhooks

Greg ,
got the chance to sneak up to the range this past week , stopped in and chatted with Uncle Jack . gave him report on bowstring trip we made this past monday , got lots of fish there , i do believe i told him the resort that let us on the ice on the north end , if not email me and will send it to ya . as far as fish size got a few decent ones lots of the 3/4 lbers ,, looks to be a year or 3 b4 it gets great again if ever to me .
Harry
Ps.. keep me posted on Jack will ya,, could have been bad day for him when we were there ?

Hello, new to the forum. whent to red on tues. lots of wind and by the time we left the lake it was pretty nasty. a few walleyes, lots of perch and only 4 crappies between 3. went out of hudacs. the worst thing was on the way out had to help a real brite guy get his wheeler out of a pressure ridge. he tried to cut across it and it was almost sticking straight up and down. thankfully no one was hurt and he got his wheeler out. when will people learn to play it safe?