• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice conditions on lakes near Grand Rapids area???

Just want to head up to some lakes in the area, and wondering how the ice is out there? Not too good here in north metro area. Growing ice is somewhat predictable, yet deteriating ice is un. Any friendly advise is Greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

------------------
Fish 4 life, live 4 fish

Live on Big Bowstring which is 30 miles northwest of Grand Rapids, there's 12 inches of good ice.

Hey snowfighter, Do you ever fish Dora? I was wondering what the ice is like there, being a river I was'nt sure how well it froze. Are they driving large trucks on Jessie? I'm going up to LOW the 2nd and thought I would stop and fish these places on the way up. Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and good fishin, OLE

Ole,
I was by Dora on Saturday and Sunday 12/22 There were 4 or 5 houses out there with an ATV next to one of them. They were all on the West side of the main channel (where they are every year) I didn't venture out at all (I was on my way to LOW) but Bass lake 5 miles West of Dora had a SOLID 14" on it everywhere I checked the week before.
Over all the ice conditions North of Grand Rapids are very good, but, still be careful !
Twitter