• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am planning a trip to Sugar Bay Campground/Resort on Lake Pokegama this July 26-30. Any tips on where to fish, I just want my kids (7 and 9) to catch a bunch of anything. Also any suggestions on things to do or see while in the area? Thanks.

The best thing going for seven and nine year olds on Pokey right now is the Northern bite. Long line troll with #9 Chrome, white, blue-silver or clown shad raps over the open water and hang on. Numbers of 3-7lb pike are easy.

Fish deep cabbage in Pooles bay or in front of Golf Course Road landing for numbers of cleaning size bluegill.

Another option for easy gills and crappies is big jay gould or the rice edges on the river near the Power Plant.

Excellent walleye bite currently on the main humps on weed edge in 14-17ft of water. Fish running 18-22inches.

Hope this helps.GF