• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If anyone has this software, would appreciate any feedback from you. Am looking at and considering purchasing this, but WILL I really use it? Positive and negative comments appreciated.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If you have a GPS, a PC, and the lakes you like to fish are on the list, you would be silly not to use it.

It's a great tool - Especially the Reelbottom Maps.

• 2 weeks later...
fisherman

What software do you need? Sounds like a good idea. Especially if it has coordinates and all that good stuff.

I've just started tinkering with the LakeMaster software and the Gull Lake Reelbottom. This map totally blew me away. The detail of this thing is something that's gotta be seen to be believed.

In scanning different areas of Gull-- a lake I've fished heavily for 20 years-- I'm finding little nooks and crannies in breaklines and humps I never knew existed.

It even interfaces directly with my GPS; just click on a spot on the map and feed the coordinates straight into GPS. Or chart a complete plot path along a difficult-to-follow breakline.

For whatever it's worth, I think these Reelbottom maps are an absolute "must have." Can't wait to put 'em to work this season.

-a friend called Toad

weekendjunkie

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you fella. But, i'm waiting for the realbottom on Winnie and to see if they are going to add some more of the smaller lakes in the area. Looks like it'll be an awesome tool.

I've had the Lakemaster software with the Mille Lacs reelbottom map for a couple months now and I love it, it's a great tool to have. The software does however have major issues if you use windows 2000. They made an update that was supposed to fix the problems with it locking up but it seemed to only fix it a little bit. It's been really frustrating when you do a bunch of work on it then it locks up on you, and you have to reboot your system. So if your easily frustrated by this type of thing, I would wait until they resolve these issues first. Seems like they should have done this before releasing the product.

The Crumpler

I have had the Gull Lake version for about a month now, and it is awesome. As Toad said, the detail is amazing and totally blows away any printed maps I have seen. When people talk about "the spot on the spot" this software will allow you to go right to it. ALso if you have a laptop with the software loaded and connected to a GPS, you can track your progress in real time right on the map. Cool!

Be aware that the 1 foot contours make for a pretty intensive graphics load on a computer, but most newer systems should be able to handle it without too much problem.

I also had an issue with re-registering the software after I upgraded my system and their customer service was helpful although a little tough to get a hold of sometimes.

All in all, a valuable addition to your fish finding arsenal.

The lakemaster realbottom maps are the best ever developped. I have had the Mille lacs for about a year and the Gull lake software since December. I have used both extensively and I am very pleased. After using them I now would consider them a small price to pay for the knowledge I have gained. The only negatives I had was with the Gull lake and booting it up for the first time. But the customer service was very helpful. Otherwise the printouts just eat up alot of ink. Now I just print them out in black and white.