• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice gear 2022-23

fishing_the_northland

14 hours ago, fishingstar said:

I started using pinheads last winter. I have had my best luck with the blue and white. I have tipped it with wax worms.

Try it without bait for a bit. Keep the spoon moving slightly so as that little blade by the hook wiggles.  Took me a while to gain confidence in a unbaited spoon.. once I did though,  I  truly believe I upped my panfish game.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Rick did you get some of the 1/32 oz pinheads ?

On 12/17/2022 at 9:20 AM, Rick G said:

Nope...Been having some Heart issues the last week or so.  Taking it easy till after Christmas.  Have buddies that have been out.  Lots of water and slush pretty much everywhere they been.  Need some cold weather to firm things up a bit.

Hey Rick, Hope your improving fast!!  Been off this site for a few years as was very busy and didn't have much time ... Heading out on the ice after work tomorrow.   Get well soon as have a great pic from when we went out on Lake Shakopee 3 or more years ago of you holding a nice Eye as you were fishing for pannies.   Take care   

Bob 

• Thumbs Up 3

I am hoping the custom rod I ordered will be done this week or so. 32 inch black ice from Kichler Custom I will post pictures once I get it. 

I bought 7 pinhead pro 1/32 oz jigging spoons. 

I got the old man a bigger drill for his auger as his 14 volt was not cutting the mustard. I got him the dcd999 with 6 amp flexvolt battery. He wanted the same drill I had, so that is what I got him. 

next up I just need to get on the ice. I might have to see if the St. Cloud guys will let me tag along one of these days. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/28/2022 at 8:16 PM, monstermoose78 said:

I am hoping the custom rod I ordered will be done this week or so. 32 inch black ice from Kichler Custom I will post pictures once I get it. 

I bought 7 pinhead pro 1/32 oz jigging spoons. 

I got the old man a bigger drill for his auger as his 14 volt was not cutting the mustard. I got him the dcd999 with 6 amp flexvolt battery. He wanted the same drill I had, so that is what I got him. 

next up I just need to get on the ice. I might have to see if the St. Cloud guys will let me tag along one of these days. 

Let's see some pics of the new pole....

I'll see if I can find pics of the new ones I'm using this year...I can't afford those fancy custom rods....I use homemade ones😏

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Rick G said:

Let's see some pics of the new pole....

I'll see if I can find pics of the new ones I'm using this year...I can't afford those fancy custom rods....I use homemade ones😏

Your home made ones are pretty amazing Rick!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I told the Kichler Custom to wait build my rod until he done with fishing trip with his family 

• Thumbs Up 1

You got skills man!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I you haven't tried or heard of them, Lake Effect Lures out of Michigan makes really good tungsten jigs for ice fishing. I ordered these recently and I am really impressed with the quality of the hooks and paint schemes

real gill getters.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

OK, I have no clue why or how I locked this thread?  It's still 2023 so carry-on. Sorry! 🫣

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, slipperybob said:

Blame it on the big fat left finger for clicking on lock. 😄 Or maybe just wanting a new 23-24 season thread?

I was shocked to see I was the one that locked it out.  I think I was just made a mod around then, so yeah just clicking buttons!  :Zap: :grin:

I got some cool jigs this year this a picture from Slab Bait Shop. The 2nd to last photo is one of my jig boxes with them in it. The last photo has some Macula jigs and if your eyes are getting old these are awesome to tie!! I won the auction for the last photo so I got all of the plastics and jigs.

IMG_6198.jpeg

IMG_6197.jpeg

IMG_6196.jpeg

IMG_6199.jpeg

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Wow, ❤ 1

looks to me like your gonna need to be on the ice ALOT to get them all checked out!!!!!!!👍🙄 mayhaps Leech could help ya out!!!!

at least he wouldnt be "accidently" locking any more threads!!!!!!🤗🤣🥴

• Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

looks to me like your gonna need to be on the ice ALOT to get them all checked out!!!!!!!👍🙄 mayhaps Leech could help ya out!!!!

at least he wouldnt be "accidently" locking any more threads!!!!!!🤗🤣🥴

I don't think Moose needs my help, he seems to do pretty well with the ice fishing and grouse hunting by the pictures! 👌

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

4 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I don't think Moose needs my help, he seems to do pretty well with the ice fishing and grouse hunting by the pictures! 👌

As long as the birds don’t fly I am good. I can catch fish through the ice fairly well. 

• I Like it 1
  • Yayyyy 2

Anyone else finding some cool plastics for this winter? I am always looking for new plastics or colors. Please share of you find some.

• Thumbs Up 1

nope...fish dont wanna bit on what i already got.........to bad!!!!!!!!!🤣 besides icehawk dont post no more so i never know when he's cleanout his tackle box with new stuff!!! 🤣🤗 

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

nope...fish dont wanna bit on what i already got.........to bad!!!!!!!!!🤣 besides icehawk dont post no more so i never know when he's cleanout his tackle box with new stuff!!! 🤣🤗 

I got some micro plastics for my 2 mm jigs but I am looking for custom color combinations in 1/1.5 inch long plastics. I did get a thing of jigs and tell if you can figure out the team they represent.

IMG_6185.jpeg

Edited by monstermoose78

On 9/28/2023 at 9:09 PM, monstermoose78 said:

I got some cool jigs this year this a picture from Slab Bait Shop. The 2nd to last photo is one of my jig boxes with them in it. The last photo has some Macula jigs and if your eyes are getting old these are awesome to tie!! I won the auction for the last photo so I got all of the plastics and jigs.

IMG_6198.jpeg

IMG_6197.jpeg

IMG_6196.jpeg

IMG_6199.jpeg

That’s some seriously cool paint on those jigs!  Do they make them in “happy” or just “mad”? 😉

• Yayyyy 2

13 hours ago, Wanderer said:

That’s some seriously cool paint on those jigs!  Do they make them in “happy” or just “mad”? 😉

I am not sure lol

• Yayyyy 1

8 minutes ago, Rick G said:

https://lakeeffectlures.com/  Met a few of their pro-staff last winter. Great guys with some awesome products.  

Thanks man!!