• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Normandale Lake (Bloomington)

Hey y'all, don't know if people are still active on it but I thought I'd give it a shot. Does anyone have any information on Normandale Lake in Bloomington? The lake was unfortunately drained a few years back and had true MN trophy bass and northern in it, but does anyone know about the current fish quality and quantity? With the nine mile flowing through it, I know that there will always be an abundance of fish, but I'm more wondering about the game fish and if there are still quality size in there. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
On 5/3/2022 at 7:25 PM, hansyfishing02 said:

Hey y'all, don't know if people are still active on it but I thought I'd give it a shot. Does anyone have any information on Normandale Lake in Bloomington? The lake was unfortunately drained a few years back and had true MN trophy bass and northern in it, but does anyone know about the current fish quality and quantity? With the nine mile flowing through it, I know that there will always be an abundance of fish, but I'm more wondering about the game fish and if there are still quality size in there. Thanks.

Sorry for the late response.  Have you ever tried Ice fishing the lake?  Sometimes it's a good way to check out a lake if you cannot get a boat on it.  

Edited by leech~~

• 9 months later...

I live near Normandale and have fished it a half dozen times over the last 6 years...  not often due to the pain of getting around the shallow lake.  You need a paddle and a small boat.  Fishing has been poor in recent years.  I'm sure draining the lake in 2018-19 didn't help anything with only the creek channel to survive in.  I haven't tried it in the last year.  I ice fished it 2 winters ago and struck out with tip ups.