• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OutdoorMN News - Zebra mussels confirmed in Lake Owasso in Ramsey County (published October 5, 2021)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• slipperybob
      Seems like, pretty much nothing significant has changed.  Except for braids, as they have achieved the next level with SK71 standard and with new weaving and other treatments a few years ago.   I use a bunch of variety.  The one with the least temperature change is......ASSO.  Then again they are dedicated ice fishing lines so they do come in small spools only.  Which is a total bummer if thinking about spooling for open water.  The strongest is still Stroft GTM, but it's a little more stiff in comparison to a lot of other softer lines.  These are specialty lines so you won't just run to the store and find them. Braids, the availability of 8 strands in smaller #test that are useful for ice fishing.  But wait, Sufix has just released this year 131 G-core braid.  That's 12 strands plus 1 core braid.  Now I wonder how much performance merits it will have.
    • CigarGuy
      What size is your house? What materials did you use? I'm afraid that I'll have trouble pulling it off the ice late season if I go too big.
    • StateofHockey
      Got here near sunset, drilled 4-5 holes going straight out from shoreline around NW side of Moccasin point found 5" to 4 1/4" solid clear ice. Thicker ice near shore, thinner as I went out about 75 yards.  Didn't venture farther as it was getting dark and lacked proper safety equipment. Ice seemed ok but clear so looked very black.  
    • Austin12345
      Invested in a hard sided rod case and a couple nice combos last week at the ice show I went with the 30 UL snitch from 13 fishing and clam Jason Mitchell 28 L excited to see how the longer UL rod does with a tungsten this winter. Rod case is great has plenty of room for line, tackle, bait puck, and other stuff as well. Also got new auger setup prepped can not wait for ice!
    • monstermoose78
      Little Elk In Zimmerman had a few guys out fishing today. Ice thickness is unknown as I was getting gifts for the wife. 
    • JBMasterAngler
      Checked out a handful of lakes today. Forest Lake #2 and #3 are about 95% iced over, with as much as 1 inch of ice. A guy pulled into the launch with his boat 😁 When I drove back later, he wasn’t there. But as I drove to access #2, he had tried launching there, and was currently trying to get get his boat back on his trailer, as he realized it wasn’t going to work.   Goose Lakes was about 99% iced over, but only had about 1/4 inch of ice. Bone Lakes was about 80% covered with skim ice. And the north end of Big Marine was about 90% ice covered with skin ice as well.
    • smurfy
      no sir...no new purchases. my wife gave up on any ice fishing for the most part............so now i have about 2 of everything. she might go if i drove her to the front door of say an ice castle.🙄   slowly getting my ice fishing stuff lined up and ready to go. need to check lines though!!!!!!!!! 
    • Tom Sawyer
      So what has everyone been up to while waiting for the ice to grow? Any new product purchases?  
    • Mike89
      https://hsolist.com/shop/ice-fishing-spears/   here's some spears
    • Mike89
      I paid 250 for mine 15 years ago...  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.