• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone have recommendations for a company that does cribbing for boathouses and also a tree cutting company.  With the water so low it should be easier than normal. I have two big old birch that have to go as well, they can be reached from the road 

8 hours ago, jparrucci said:

Does anyone have recommendations for a company that does cribbing for boathouses and also a tree cutting company.  With the water so low it should be easier than normal. I have two big old birch that have to go as well, they can be reached from the road 

Jack that used to own "The Landing" and I'm pretty sure Manicks has family members that does tree work. Jack did some stump grinding for me several years ago. If you want, I can probably come up with Jack's number. Found it. JDL Tree Service.  Jack Luecken... 218-780-7950

Edited by CigarGuy

Geez, almost sounds like something I’d LIKE to do for the next couple days since my other job got postponed.  

I’ll be honest I’ve never cribbed a boat house but have installed a cribbed dock.  Tree cutting I do all the time.  Just did a big one for my brother last weekend.

2EB24212-6A4B-4710-909F-114699D3083E.thumb.jpeg.c04fc2d8829719aff508c2982d5584e2.jpeg

If you can’t find someone up there, maybe we can talk.  I do have business insurance.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a 3 climb dying birch that was aimed at my cabin if it fell.  I had contacted a few fellers who just didn’t follow thru so I gave up on them.   By chance I found Derick who did an  excellent job and was good at communicating and setting up when he could come.  Text or call him at 952  7373772.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:11 PM, jparrucci said:

Does anyone have recommendations for a company that does cribbing for boathouses

For cribbing of boat houses there are a couple of guys in Soudan that have repaired/replaced cribbing on boat houses in Stuntz Bay.  They are getting quite old now (70ish) so I don't know if they still do that work.  Also don't know if they work outside of Stuntz Bay.  Message me if you want their names.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• MinneapolisTransplant
      By MinneapolisTransplant
      I randomly have some weekdays off from work and no parenting requirements... would like to go up to Lake of the Woods/Rainy River and drop some lines. Was going to try to hop onto a charter boat as a +1, but apparently they're all shutting down mid-October this year. Anyone likely to be going out on the water sometime Oct 21-23 and maybe has an empty seat?
    • the stick
      By the stick
      Looking for a Septic System installer. Lake Vermilion Area. Thanks for your help.
    • SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      My 1960 Johnson Seahorse is on the fritz. I did an overhaul the over the winter rebuilding the carb, replacing dry fuel hoses, fixing two stripped bolts (helicoils) on the powerhead, etc... This spring she only wants to run on one cylinder. I am assuming that it's the coil or something similar but suck at the electrical side. 

Great American Marine in Bloomington won't touch old motors anymore. Neither will Boat Motor Recyclers in Burnsville (1990 and up!). 

Does anyone up near Vermilion still work on older motors? I'll take a recommendation for somewhere near the lake or in the Twin Cities. Any input is appreciated.
    • Getanet
      By Getanet
      My dad is looking to get rid of his ice castle and I will probably buy it.  It's only a 4-hole and the lights and furnace just connect to a car battery kept inside the house.  I'm wondering if anyone knows if it would be a lot of work to get it wired up so I could run everything off my generator?  I'd like to have one standard electrical plug-in inside to charge cell phones or run a TV or whatever.  I'm assuming this wouldn't be major task for a professional, but maybe I'm underestimating how much work is involved? (I know I could always run an extension cord out the window or under the door, but I'd rather not).
    • hitthebricks
      By hitthebricks
      What causes this to happen?
    • Tanneuby
      By Tanneuby
      Does anyone know it there is a local service for on-off?  Looking to have someone put my house put on Tonka and then remove at end of the season and transport to my storage facility. 
    • 406_outdoormaniac
      By 406_outdoormaniac
      So I just received my fathers ice shack he built more than 20 years ago. He never got to take it out because of life so it’s been sitting there since rotting away. I’m doing some TLC on it and want to get some wiring done before the inside is done. I’ll have a propane wall heater, that’s easy to do for me. But I don’t know much on how to configure a 12V system. I just want to add a couple lights inside and 3 or 4 outlets, possibly lights outside as well. Nothing crazy but I want to be able to build off of it in the later future. Please give me some criticism or whatever you please. Just want to do it right and safely. Shack is 6’ X 10’. 
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Check and Double Check ice thickness BEFORE putting your Wheeler and ice House/Portable out. Dec 17 two wheelers went threw 1 1/2 to 2 inches on Ottertail. Area around where units went threw had 7" to 9" ice. A spud bar check would have saved them many $$$ recovery cost. Thanks to Tri-State Diving for recovery.
       https://www.facebook.com/145016345514080/posts/4153802971302044/
    • Old Boat
      By Old Boat
      It's got a 50hp Merc that's got the lower took apart. Covered bow, tapered STEARN. Thick aircraft grade aluminum.
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Rembering and a Salute to the many who keep us Safe and gave us our Freedom. A few photos from a long time ago in 'Nam

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      Troy, Glad to see your posts! Missed them this summer and hope you continue posting on a regular basis!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Great fall walleye fishing again this week.  As the traditional deer hunting opener approaches, walleye fishing is typically in high gear.  This pattern is holding true.  Various spots along the south shore are producing nicely.  The walleyes and sauger are active.  These fish are also setting up nicely for ice fishing which is just around the corner with water temps in the upper 40's. Anchored up and jigging with a fathead or emerald shiner is the go to method.  Live shiners are available and effective.  Some anglers are still pulling spinners with a minnow or trolling crankbaits with good success.  Gold, pink, white and chartreuse hot colors this week. The best reports are coming from 17-27 feet of water across the south shore in areas such as Pine Island, Morris Point, Zippel Bay, Graceton Beach, Long Point and Rocky Point.  Various schools within these depths.  In addition to walleyes and saugers, pike, jumbo perch, sturgeon and even a few crappies are in the mix for walleye anglers.  On the Rainy River...   Nice pockets of walleyes being caught in the river.  Jigging with a frozen or live shiner, is the go to method.  Emerald shiners are tough to beat.   Some groups are trolling crankbaits in the river and because of their consistency, they never switch.  Also great in locating walleyes or when fish are scattered.    Sturgeon activity with cooler water is good with numerous fish caught and released. Up at the NW Angle...  Fall fishing up at the Angle continues strong.  Most anglers are using a jig and minnow or jig and plastic (when boating into Canada) for walleyes.  In some areas, walleyes continue to be stacked and big numbers of fish are being caught.   Gold, pink and/or glow colored jigs and spinners are doing well.  Reminder, no live, frozen or dead bait being able to be transported over the border from the U.S. into Canada, consequently anglers boating into Ontario waters reporting various plastics on their jigs and spinners working great. Various areas of structure such as points, reefs and sandy areas in neck down areas continue to hold good fish.  12 - 26 feet is the range depending upon the spot.   Big crappies are being caught on jigs and minnows in 24-30' adjacent to structure. Muskie action continues to be strong.  Jigging large baits has boated good numbers of fish as well as casting and trolling.  Travel to and from the Angle via vehicle through the 40 miles of Canada is open.  Boating into Canadian waters is now open.   Want to avoid crossing the border?  Charter transport via water and ice and flights over the lake are available through the LOW Passenger Service and Lake Country Air both this fall and into the winter months via ice.      
    • leech~~
    • leech~~
    • leech~~
    • leech~~
    • soheye1953
      대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she 대전스파≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차プ대전오피ウ대전오피 대전오피ꖐ대전휴게텔ꖐ대전패티she  
    • soheye1953
      달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔 달림포차≭Dalpocha1、Com≭천안오피 천안스파ꔙ천안건마ꖱ천안오피ꔙ천안OPひ천안휴게텔  
    • soheye1953
      대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마 대구마사지≭dalpocha1。com≭달포차ロ대구오피マ대구오피 대구오피꘩대구휴게텔꘩대구건마  
    • soheye1953
      대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피 대전oP꘣달포차≭Dalpocha1、Net≭대전오피が대전휴게텔ꕼ대전안마テ대전오피ꕼ대전오피  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.