• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wisconsin Report

JBMasterAngler

Day 3 of using nothing but drop shots, wacky rigs, and jig and craw took me to Wisconsin to see if I could continue my newfound favorite lures. I went to Church Pine Lake, just east of Osceola. Never been here before, so had no clue what to expect. Turns out to be a nice little lake for a small boat such as mine. Lots of potential here, but fishing was tough today. Most fish came on the drop shot on the deep weed edges. 6 bass and 1 little pike. Highlight came at the very end of the day, where I caught a 21 inch bass right in front of the access. Best way to end the day ?

7CD5678D-21C5-4DE7-9B1C-F71B3CD84324.jpeg

658C6A5C-D207-4E13-A9AE-F16CA4171AF6.jpeg

7C8F9E07-734D-4671-99D5-CBC1D212F19A.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

Went to Wisconsin again today, Big Blake Lake. It was just too hot and miserable. Lake has potential though, but I’m not in a hurry to come back. Just 4 little bass, and 1 crappie. 

A35A83E3-73E9-4EFB-8CB4-314FFBE393F3.jpeg

CFD98D77-8ACC-45D9-B24B-A12B2878E84E.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

Fished Black Brook Flowage (Apple River) today. This is my kinda lake! Very few houses, small little boat launch. Only caught 2 little pike. Missed a small Muskie, and seen a mid 30’s hovering under the boat. Was tough dealing with the wind, but I like this place. Fishing below the dam with waders is a possibility also. 

Was planning to fish Riverdale Flowage today, but when I got there the parking lot was full. Tried another nearby lake, and there was a line of people bringing in their pontoons for the season. So ended up on little ol’ Pine Lake. Nice little spot. Used tube jigs for first time ever, and landed a 15 inch largemouth. Lost 2 other fish. Caught 3 fish trolling a flicker shad: little bass, little pike, and a nice bluegill. 

Made it to Riverdale Flowage today. Pretty silted in, structure less reservoir. Still has some potential. Seen a few bass swimming around, and caught 2 pike early on back to back casts, but didn’t see another fish after that. Floating leaves EVERYWHERE made whopper ploppers a difficult presentation. Jig and craw about the only thing I could use to keep that stuff off.

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile since I’ve taken the boat out in November. Kept it short today so I could go home and watch the gophers absolutely suck!!! 🤬 Probably drove past Horse Lake a thousand times! Finally fished it. Caught 2 nice bass, and missed another. I think this is probably a better spring lake, so there’s definitely potential.

0A3C2DF0-77C4-4F83-A5DF-AF744085D671.jpeg

0C86204B-9594-4930-97B6-38F25FA53CFD.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if today was the last day we take the boat out for the season, it ended on a complete dud! Fished White Ash Lake, and didn’t catch a single fish!