• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

the stick

Looking for a Septic System installer. Lake Vermilion Area. Thanks for your help.

Raven77

Rick Viita installs them.  Good guy.  PM me if you need his number.

CigarGuy

Vita's just pumped my system and replaced a float on it. Great service and very nice people. The two tech's that were here we're awesome and the lady that answers the phone is super friendly and helpful. 

delcecchi

Sherry Sawatsky....

PSU

Viita's is outstanding to work with. Keep in mind you get what you pay for.

chucker1101
On 6/3/2021 at 4:57 PM, the stick said:

Looking for a Septic System installer. Lake Vermilion Area. Thanks for your help.

Go here:  https://webapp.pca.state.mn.us/ssts/business-search

Choose St Louis County, then check installers. That will give you a list of all licensed providers in the area

fishingstar

The state has a grant for septic replacement. It was a nice option instead of coming up with 15000 in cash. They put a easement on my property taxes. 

delcecchi
On 6/12/2021 at 8:28 AM, fishingstar said:

The state has a grant for septic replacement. It was a nice option instead of coming up with 15000 in cash. They put a easement on my property taxes. 

A grant (free money) or some kind of loan?   You have to pay it back?

Mike89

they didn't have to here in Todd cty.   I know some folks who got it.....   

fishingstar
5 hours ago, delcecchi said:

A grant (free money) or some kind of loan?   You have to pay it back?

that's how the contractor referred to as. They put a easement on my property taxes. My mortgage went up 125 a month for ten years. This was 3 years ago maybe the funds are gone.

delcecchi
7 hours ago, fishingstar said:

that's how the contractor referred to as. They put a easement on my property taxes. My mortgage went up 125 a month for ten years. This was 3 years ago maybe the funds are gone.

125 a month for 10 years is 15,000.     This sounds like the arrangement that I could have got when we got water and sewer here in Rochester.    You could choose to pay for it on the easy time payment plan or just pay up front.     Seems to me it was at 8% interest (some years ago)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      My 1960 Johnson Seahorse is on the fritz. I did an overhaul the over the winter rebuilding the carb, replacing dry fuel hoses, fixing two stripped bolts (helicoils) on the powerhead, etc... This spring she only wants to run on one cylinder. I am assuming that it's the coil or something similar but suck at the electrical side. 

Great American Marine in Bloomington won't touch old motors anymore. Neither will Boat Motor Recyclers in Burnsville (1990 and up!). 

Does anyone up near Vermilion still work on older motors? I'll take a recommendation for somewhere near the lake or in the Twin Cities. Any input is appreciated.
    • Getanet
      By Getanet
      My dad is looking to get rid of his ice castle and I will probably buy it.  It's only a 4-hole and the lights and furnace just connect to a car battery kept inside the house.  I'm wondering if anyone knows if it would be a lot of work to get it wired up so I could run everything off my generator?  I'd like to have one standard electrical plug-in inside to charge cell phones or run a TV or whatever.  I'm assuming this wouldn't be major task for a professional, but maybe I'm underestimating how much work is involved? (I know I could always run an extension cord out the window or under the door, but I'd rather not).
    • hitthebricks
      By hitthebricks
      What causes this to happen?
    • Tanneuby
      By Tanneuby
      Does anyone know it there is a local service for on-off?  Looking to have someone put my house put on Tonka and then remove at end of the season and transport to my storage facility. 
    • 406_outdoormaniac
      By 406_outdoormaniac
      So I just received my fathers ice shack he built more than 20 years ago. He never got to take it out because of life so it’s been sitting there since rotting away. I’m doing some TLC on it and want to get some wiring done before the inside is done. I’ll have a propane wall heater, that’s easy to do for me. But I don’t know much on how to configure a 12V system. I just want to add a couple lights inside and 3 or 4 outlets, possibly lights outside as well. Nothing crazy but I want to be able to build off of it in the later future. Please give me some criticism or whatever you please. Just want to do it right and safely. Shack is 6’ X 10’. 
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Check and Double Check ice thickness BEFORE putting your Wheeler and ice House/Portable out. Dec 17 two wheelers went threw 1 1/2 to 2 inches on Ottertail. Area around where units went threw had 7" to 9" ice. A spud bar check would have saved them many $$$ recovery cost. Thanks to Tri-State Diving for recovery.
       https://www.facebook.com/145016345514080/posts/4153802971302044/
    • Old Boat
      By Old Boat
      It's got a 50hp Merc that's got the lower took apart. Covered bow, tapered STEARN. Thick aircraft grade aluminum.
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Rembering and a Salute to the many who keep us Safe and gave us our Freedom. A few photos from a long time ago in 'Nam

• Muskysteve
      By Muskysteve
      Hi All,

I have just purchased a cabin in Frazer bay. We are in need of a recommended cabin inspector. Would anyone be able to provide a recommended contact?
    • Heff
      By Heff
      Hello,

I have an older lcx 25 an will not power up, wondering where I can find an expert  to evaluate. 
      Out if work an just replaced batteries,  trying not to by a new one
      Thanks
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      I haven’t been on Whitefish and only out a few times for a few hours each but have done well by down sizing and going slower than I’d think I’d have to.   Dragging and slow drifting smaller plastics with little or no jigging and long pauses with smaller sized jerk baits have worked the best.  4-8lb test on spinning gear.   I’ve caught crappies, gills, perch, walleye, smallies, largies and pike all on the same baits in the same systems at the same depths.  Those depths vary by system but all the fish seem to be using the same water - according to what I’ve seen the past few weeks.
    • Muskies
      Hey Mtnman. Thanks…the last two times out my wife took the pictures….still smoke in the area, as you can see in the background. Fire ban is still in place for much of northwestern Ontario. Rainy is about a foot low from normal water levels. Temperature has been in the low 80’s for the most part which about average for early August.
    • Mtnman
      Counting the days, and looking for cooler weather also. As always, your  pictures are excellent !  How is the fire situation, and what is the lake level ? I'm worried BIDEN is going for another lock down, which isn't going to play out well here. Pray for the best, prepare for the worst. Thanks as always for the pictures !!!
    • Muskies
      My wife and I were out on Tuesday from noon to 3pm. Light east south east wind using jig and minnow. We caught over 30 walleyes with quite a few double headers. The biggest was 23” and another 7 in the 18”-21” range. 10 were in the 14”-17” slot range but did not keep any with the rest being 12”-13”. Water temperature was at 73.5 degrees. Air temperature was at 86 degrees.
    • rayguy
      Been awhile since any reports so here goes.  A tough summer this has been. Never saw so many weeds yet there is very little wild rice. Fishing has been tough to say the least.  No real pattern, nor walleyes are not in there usual summer haunts it seems. Been so slow we headed up to Leech last week for a Musky trip.   Non caught but four follows,   one on Pelican reef that was in the mid 40" range.  Then back to Whitefish for a few more hours of no activity.  Even the panfish are slow.  Anybody with any better reports lets here them.  Lord send some rain.
    • monstermoose78
      As you all know I don’t know anything 
    • monstermoose78
      There is no help once the mind goes @Rick G
    • Rick G
      Ah s#!t, the cops found us😂  Pretty sure it's just You, Rick, Jeff and the old fart left on staff yet.  Can you guys help gramps figure out his password issues?
    • rundrave
      this is an issue on HSO side also. I know of multiple users who have reached out to me offline and had same issue and just stopped trying 
    • Wanderer
      That’s a good question.  👍

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.