• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who’s fishing tomorrow on the opener and where and how?

Title says it all.  Just report your luck and maybe where you fished.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good luck men and women! Couldn't make it up this year as we had to pick up our youngest from Kansas State. 

Looking forward to seeing the reports

Coming up on Monday, then got chores to do.     Last fall had to dismantle well for the winter destructively because a union went on strike and wouldn't unscrew so a hacksaw was invoked as a strikebreaker.    So, now get to replace some pipes and stuff before we have water.   And of course I have my fingers crossed I didn't miss anything blowing the pipes so I won't be under the cabin with a torch...    

Then the dock and the lift and finally the boat.   

• Wow, ❤ 1

27 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Coming up on Monday, then got chores to do.     Last fall had to dismantle well for the winter destructively because a union went on strike and wouldn't unscrew so a hacksaw was invoked as a strikebreaker.    So, now get to replace some pipes and stuff before we have water.   And of course I have my fingers crossed I didn't miss anything blowing the pipes so I won't be under the cabin with a torch...    

Then the dock and the lift and finally the boat.   

Del... Del.... Del.... Pay them union guys!!? there worth every penny. ?

Drive safe bud!!!

Edited by smurfy

Except for those 1 1/4 galvanized union guys.    They suck

Hey Del, I’m coming up Monday also.  But, I think my lake water system will be ok(but a hassle to get going). Good luck with yours.  

Lot’s of other stuff to do but kinda fun as it is out of the norm.  

I always hope there is no major problem and things are the way I left them in late Sept. 

And  not to mention all the stuff that is  needed to open to replenish the foods

Good luck and try to fish!

7 hours ago, delcecchi said:

So, now get to replace some pipes and stuff before we have water

Last week I had to replace a couple of cracks pipes under our mobile home, then repair some rotten floors so I never got my boat in the water either.  Hope to get out on Vermilion next weekend.

Funny - All that I have is a piece of PEX running from a water tower into a kitchen sink. Of all things, the PEX (which was empty) developed a pinhole right where it enters my cabin. I ended up using some fresh caulk as a bandaid but will have to replace. I usually pride myself on not having any water issues.

We fished, starting out in Black Bay and moving out towards the islands in between Head-o-Lakes and Wakemup. Minimal luck dragging stick baits, slip bobbers, and jigs tipped with rainbows. When I gave in to mob rule, we boated to Fectos point and everyone got their jollies catching 8" walleye. Our biggest walleye was a 22" pulled in on a slip bobber and crappie minnow Friday evening. Obviously it was returned!

We did find more forage-sized perch than I remember in the past. That should be good for hungry walleye.

Update... did the plumbing ok.    Not much water....   Turned out that the pump was shot.    Guy from Petersen Well drilling came, checked the well, and put in a new pump all in  about two hours.   It is a pleasure to watch a real pro work.    So we finally had water.    For a day or so I hooked up with a hose to the neighbor's outside spigot to backfeed water into my system.       

Now I want to study up on how to clean crud off the point.  Only getting about 1 3/4 GPM and seems like I should be getting more.    

Very happy I am not having to drill a new well to replace the old point.   KaChing $$$$$$$$$$ for new well.

• Thumbs Up 1