• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice is moving in this wind

leech~~

I heard a few lakes are starting to have ice moving and piling up in this two day wind storm.  Folks could end up with some shore line damage?  😬

• Wow, ❤ 1
Dash 1

Sure is. Beaver and Carnelian ice free this morning. Looking at web cam from Milacs. Think it must be thick yet. Not much piling up. Probably a good thing for those shore owners.

• Thumbs Up 2
leech~~

They showed a picture of the ice pushing in to the front of a house on Mill lacs. 😬

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
eyeguy 54

Almost yearly

leech~~
Posted (edited)

Beach at our campground on Edwards lake by Nisswa, MN.  Worst ice push up ever! 😕

171084503_10219423981532201_6398855332147421243_n.jpg

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 2
smurfy

holy smokes, they got some work to do!!!!!!!!🥴 get your shovel out leech!!!!!!!🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
leech~~
41 minutes ago, smurfy said:

holy smokes, they got some work to do!!!!!!!!🥴 get your shovel out leech!!!!!!!🤣

It's ok the owners got a cat!  👍  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1
SkunkedAgain

I've found most cats to just be lazy....  😁

• Confused 1
  • Yayyyy 2
leech~~
59 minutes ago, SkunkedAgain said:

I've found most cats to just be lazy....  😁

May be try one with tracks and a motor-DH'a 🤭

• Yayyyy 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      I went out to Medicine lake yesterday and there were dead panfish discarded all over the place. I don't know who or why but it was such a waste, plus one little sunny was obviously cut up as bait... And then I found a huge PILE of about 20 fish behind a building. There are signs posted and reminders everywhere, only 5 panfish/crappies per person. This looked deliberate, like a middle finger to authority.
      I was furious and now I'm just sad. I took pictures and I want to do something about it but I have no idea what. 😩
    • rayguy
      By rayguy
      For those of you planning on a trip to the egg taking station on the Pine River forget it till next year.   Due to the covid regs.  there will be no visitors allowed this year. Hope they are having a good run.  Rayguy
    • PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      Hey all! Tomorrow (Apr 3rd) I'm taking some friends out to do some fishing. We usually target rivers, and live around the metro, but I'm willing to drive a ways to find good spots. No boat, so this would be shore fishing.
      We aren't after anything specific but would be nice to get something to fry up later! Which of course means targeting legal fish like carp, suckers, cats, panfish, etc. 
    • Adam1642
      By Adam1642
      Does anyone know if you can get a pontoon from Mayo to Sibley lake?  Looking at property on Mayo.  
    • whateverisbiting
      By whateverisbiting
      Looking to set up my new Alumacraft Trophy boat.  Anyone have experience with Alumatrac?  Stuff available from Alumacraft is plastic and looks weak and the options are quite limited.  Stuff from other makers I have seen (Brocraft, Traxstech, Depth Raider, Colliflower) is metal and a number of reviews say they don't fit or scratch badly.  Seems the tolerance on this track may not be very tight.  Colliflower states they have a top adjustment to account for the poor tolerance but their options are limited.  Looking at all options including rod holders, downrigger holders, and other gadgets.  Trying to decide whether to buy for the track or just mount directly to the gunwale.  Any help is appreciated.
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Heavy rain, warm 50+ temps, 15 MPH wind, Coon Lake Anoka Co. Opened today 3/24/21. Sunny tomorrow, good time to get boat ready. Lots of Robbins flying around in the rain.
    • Rip De Lips
      By Rip De Lips
      Is the special 40 inch min pike reg for this lake gone? I only see a 10 per day sunfish limit listed. Thanks 
    • Coleman
      By Coleman
      I figured I would just shoot this out, since I drive by it every day to work.  

The access in Cold Spring was basically open to use this morning.  Yesterday there still was ice at the ramp, and this morning it was all gone.  I'm sure some guys are itching to get their boats out, and looks like a nice weekend to maybe do so. 

I might try and get out Saturday if it stays dry.  I never got a chance to do some data logging with my big motor last fall.  It seems to be running a bit rich, and I want to play with the fuel tables/injectors a bit.  Looks like a great day for that.  
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      Now that the season is over for eyes, was going to get reels ready for next year, while waiting for summer.  I have been using 6lb test but currently only have 4. I use the Berkley fireline crystal micro ice. Try breaking it, cut into hands. Think it would be strong enough. What does everyone else use, and any problems landing bigger fish?
      Thanks
    • macgruber
      By macgruber
      We’re heading up to Lutsen area for the first week of April and I was looking for fishing ideas with kids.  Options I was considering: guided ice fishing if the ice is still decent, panfish on smaller lakes or walleye on Sag or shore fishing on superior.  I go up steelhead fishing every spring but that’s typically early for upper shore- maybe casting around river mouths?  I also haven’t done any shore fishing off break walls so I wouldn’t know where to start- if that time of year is worth it or would hold kids attention, depths to try, etc.  They do love climbing around rocks and beaches on shore and exploring.  Any ideas (even stuff I haven’t thought of) or advice would be most welcome!  Thanks in advance.
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• jigginjim
      Last summer while doing a surgery recovery, i got into watch the canal harbor cams of Duluth. Not sure what is going on but at night there has been several people dropping what could be nets or a trap over the side of the wall.  Would like to know if these guys are catching smelt or bait?
    • Wanderer
      I probably won’t turkey hunt this spring - working way too much!  This morning before heading out I had multiple birds gobbling from the area I got mine last year. Probably would’ve been an easy score.
    • smurfy
    • monstermoose78
      I fished north central Minnesota and the arrowhead for trout but never the northwest part. Thanks for posting and good luck!!
    • Mike89
      welcome and good luck!!   don't know the area so can't help you but others will help ya if they can!!   
    • BigTrucka
      Hey all, just moved back to MN where I grew up after living in the PNW for a long while. I became addicted to fishing rivers and streams out there and have started to check out the offerings in the NW section of the state as of yesterday’s opener. Wondering if anyone has experience in this area and can give me some pointers or just tell me if I’m wasting my time since that’s what I’m wondering right now since I didn’t find any signs of fish. I’m using a spinning rod with Mepp’s and Panther Martin style spinners and went through a bunch of color combos. I started yesterday morning at the Clearwater River in western Beltrami County essentially on the border with Clearwater County where the state has some land and a pretty lengthy easement. Probably a well known area. Beautiful area to walk through. Found multiple holes, but yeah no fish at all. I waded for a bit and decided to leave. I went south since I live closer to Moorhead and stopped at Felton Creek. I’ve read a DNR study about this creek having a decreasing population of fish, but it’s still considered a trout stream although not “designated”. I understand the channelization of creeks in this region ruined fish habitat over the last 100 years, but still find some DNR material as of the last 5 years that reference Felton Creek as a spot for trout. Walked the stream for a bit before I left and headed to Lawndale Creek south of Barnesville. I waded through the AMA on the Atherton WMA expecting to find some brook trout since the DNR has stocked it as of at least 2017. Nothing through the entire stretch besides frogs and minnows. Are there actually fish in these places? The Clearwater and Lawndale are designated trout streams. The Clearwater is stocked annually and Lawndale is supposed to have wild brook trout. Anyone have any experience in these spots? Should’ve just drove down MN200 & 71 to the obvious spots in Becker/Hubbard?
    • monstermoose78
      Anyone been out hunting yet? I have doing housework 
    • smalljaw
      Oh my!  Those brown fish will be roaming the shallows soon.
    • Muskies
      As of April 15, the Canadian side of rainy lake, from the causeway up to devils cascade, is ice free. I believe that is the earliest ice out. Water is coming up as we had 2 1/2” of rain last week along with 1/2” of snow.
    • imhatz
      Ice off Crane Lake April 8, 2021.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.