• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

icedog

I am looking for one of the PakShack ice tents that were made several years ago.  Anyone that has one in decent usable shape they would like to sell let me know.

Thanks Icedog

PakShack.jpg

leech~~

Wow, I remember thinking about buying one of those like 10 years ago for hole hopping. I think they stopped making them about 5 years ago. The main issue was the chair was just a folding camping chair which only seem to last a few trips before one of the legs broke. Probably some sitting in garages with broken chairs people forgot about? Good luck on your search.  👍🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, my friend had one of those and it fell apart/broke after 2-3 seasons.  Haven't seen one since then.

Good luck!!

Mike89

just get a portable ground hunting blind

icedog

Mike, do you have a brand that you recommend?  I'm not a hunter so don't think about those things.  Thx

Mike89

no not off hand, just find a nice collapsible one and it just might do the trick for you,,  google ground blinds

icedog

Looking at these ground blinds would still prefer the original PakShack if someone has one in a garage or basement somewhere that they aren't using.  I had one and sold it at a garage sale....wish I hadn't done that...oh well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody got one in their attic or garage they'd like to be rid of?

Duffman

I got one out in the shed. I'll dig it out this weekend and see what kind of shape it's in, see if the mice got to it.

Minimal use otherwise.

Got it for trekking into trout lakes.

That sounds like a lot of work these days. :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks hope it’s still in good shape. Send me a pic if it’s ok.

leech~~
1 hour ago, icedog said:

Thanks hope it’s still in good shape. Send me a pic if it’s ok.

I'm sure Duff takes good care of his stuff. It's probably in mint condition and with the rarity worth twice what he paid for it! 😏

Duffman

Sorry to get your hopes up icedog, especially because I was just gonna give it to ya for free, but it is kaput.

Just a couple minor mice holes, and it looked pretty good overall, took a pic pointing out the holes......and then I sat in it and moved around a bit. All of the plastic pressure point/parts attached to the chair pretty much disintegrated to the touch.

Time and plastic......not a good mixture.

I doubt you will find one that is still holding up.

But thanks for helping me declutter the shed. :)

20210123_144009.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
leech~~

Can't he just get a new folding camping chair to put in it?  How hard would that be?  The little holes are nothing to throw a patch on.  Dang the icedog is in Marion, IA. I'll take it and see if I can fix it up, if he can't use it! 👍

Edited by leech~~
Duffman
3 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Can he just get a new folding camping chair to put in it?  How hard would that be?

The chair was part of the structural integrity, all one unit put together.

20210123_144126.jpg

leech~~
5 minutes ago, Duffman said:

The chair was part of the structural integrity, all one unit put together.

20210123_144126.jpg

papadarv what do we need here? 😄

Kettle
7 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

papadarv what do we need here? 😄

I feel with papadarv's insight anything could be fabricated 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1
smurfy

i'm thinking lazy boy recliner!!!!!!!!!!😄🤪

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

I will do some looking. I had one a while back, but may have already gotten rid of it before we moved a few years back. I'll have to go through the pile of untouched items in the shed. 

• Thumbs Up 1
Eyesniper

Icedog, your on the right path if your looking for lightweight fast moving portables! I had my pack-a-shack for 8ish years and had no issues with at all. I use mine for running and gunning river eyes. They do get very tight if you need a heater and I’d recommend using as short of a rod as possible. They are perfect for if you just want to sight fish on a warm day. Good luck searching!

Duffman:  I would still like to try to get that from you.  Sent you a PM just now.

Thanks

The one with Duffman did not work out so if anyone else has one that they want to be rid of let me know.  I am able to fix stuff (don't ask my wife her opinion) so would take something that might not be in 100% great shape. 

Thx

Icedog

On 1/27/2021 at 7:43 PM, icedog said:

The one with Duffman did not work out so if anyone else has one that they want to be rid of let me know.  I am able to fix stuff (don't ask my wife her opinion) so would take something that might not be in 100% great shape. 

Thx

Icedog

Icedog. I sent you a message with some pictures. 

Kettle
On 1/3/2021 at 8:23 PM, icedog said:

I am looking for one of the PakShack ice tents that were made several years ago.  Anyone that has one in decent usable shape they would like to sell let me know.

Thanks Icedog

PakShack.jpg

FOUND ONE!!!!!!!!! 

It's on the fargo CL........

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      I went out to Medicine lake yesterday and there were dead panfish discarded all over the place. I don't know who or why but it was such a waste, plus one little sunny was obviously cut up as bait... And then I found a huge PILE of about 20 fish behind a building. There are signs posted and reminders everywhere, only 5 panfish/crappies per person. This looked deliberate, like a middle finger to authority.
      I was furious and now I'm just sad. I took pictures and I want to do something about it but I have no idea what. 😩
    • PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      Hey all! Tomorrow (Apr 3rd) I'm taking some friends out to do some fishing. We usually target rivers, and live around the metro, but I'm willing to drive a ways to find good spots. No boat, so this would be shore fishing.
      We aren't after anything specific but would be nice to get something to fry up later! Which of course means targeting legal fish like carp, suckers, cats, panfish, etc. 
    • BobT
      By BobT
      I have very little experience using wax worms and one of the problems I have with them is keeping them alive between fishing trips. When I buy them, I usually find them in a little plastic container and the bait shop has them refrigerated. With that in mind, I tried refrigerating them at home but in a very short time I find my container full of black dead worms. I've tried just keeping them in my basement where it is cooler but not as cold as a refrigerator and maybe got another day or two out of them. Keeping them in a warm place didn't work any better either. 

Is there a better way to keep them at home? Is the containers that they are in too small for any longer term storage perhaps? What bedding options are available that may help? 

Thanks.
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      What’s your rod box. I grabbed a Flambeau today to upgrade since a good buddy made me a 36 inch ice rod. I added foam to the bottom and took out the dividers and it looks like it will work dandy. Got them all in and some boxes for different plastics.  Won’t know till it warms up!  All snug when I close it up. 

• Rick G
      By Rick G
      Here are a few pics of some of what I have been using this winter.  Everyone is well aware of how effective plastics can be for panfish... But have you tried the new hard baits? Most of the time, they don't need added bait, you can fish them plain.  I have found great success this winter with the Clam pinhead minnow, both the jointed and non jointed version. For some reason , the crappies and big bluegills love this bait..often preferring it unbaited, this is especially true for the jointed version.. I have been using small spoons with great success for years on panfish... just never found one that needed no bait.
      The Kenders K-rip and T-rip are some of the new style of minnow baits, they also fish better unbaited. The T-rip is so tiny, even smaller bluegills can take it, so the big ones definitely have no problem inhaling this bait.. The wonderbread and natural perch have been my go-to colors this winter.  
      Next time on the water, give either the T-rip of pinhead a try, you might be surprised how well you do😉 I sure was!

• eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      Been using the micro ice flo green 3lb about 4 years now. Really like it. With the addition of the orange highlight rod from my favorite rod builder I thought  I would try the suffix ice magic. Seamed to work just as well and these eyes could see it nice when tying up a jig. What’s your go to line?

• Ducksngeese21
      By Ducksngeese21
      Has anyone had any luck on the jefferson chain by cleveland or any of the lakes by Madison lake
    • Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      Just retired in December so I'll have a lot more time to fish. In addition to my normal walleye fishing I want to 1) learn to consistently find and catch/release larger sunfish and crappie after they spawn and 2) spend more time targeting bass, largemouth and smallmouth.
      I've been a longtime member here (2002) and will be posting more. I added info to my profile and "About me" section.
    • NDAngler
      By NDAngler
      Hi folks,
      I'm looking to rent an ice house for a day this coming weekend. I want to take my 6 year old son out on his first ice fishing trip. We'd like to be around the battle lake/ottertail lakes area. Can any of you folks recommend a rental business? I want to be on some sunfish/panfish so my little man gets the itch to ice fish again. Any suggestions on where to go are also welcome. I do have a house I can bring with, but with ice conditions not ideal, I'd also have to bring our ranger and sometimes 6 year olds get impatient. Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can provide.
    • Duckhunt
      By Duckhunt
      House was new in spring 2018. Spray foamed top to bottom. Extremely Light weight, all aluminum construction 1300-1400 pounds. You can easily pull with atv. with little tongue weight. Foldable and removable bunk, we used a cot for 2nd bed.
      -6 catch covers w/ sleeves
      -Nuway furnace, needs no electricity to operate manually, also hooked up to thermostat
      -12V low amp draw circulating fans -30A 115v to 12VDC power converter/battery charger with gen/power hookup
      -battery box with 12VDC-115v inverter, and battery meter (newer 31 battery negotiable)
      - LED hole light and beverage holder above every hole
      -LED interior and porch lights
      -Tv/dvd combo on swing wall mount
      -Pioneer stereo with 4 speakers -Loose spare tire (white steel rim)
      -Window Air Conditioner
      This house can go all weekend on a single battery without a generator. No exterior damage anywhere, tires great. Looking to possibly upgrade. Located 20 miles north of Rapids. Thanks!

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• gimruis
      I use Lake Insight Pro with my Lowrance units.  I used to have Navionics but was advised to switch over to Lake Insight for accuracy.   20 years ago when I started using modern GPS/mapping, Lakemaster was still compatible with Lowrance.  In fact my iFinder H20C still uses a Lakemaster chip.  I think its 2007.   The nice part about Humminbird is that they can sync up with Minn Kota.  The problem is that when you've used Lowrance for 20 years, you're very familiar with their operating system and if I tried to switch at this point it would be like trying to learn a foreign language.
    • delcecchi
      Is there a corporate connection between Johnson Controls and Johnson Outdoors, other than that they are both named Johnson?  
    • papadarv
      Comparison between Navionics and Lakemaster. https://sportfishingbuddy.com/navionics-vs-lakemaster/   In 2004 Johnson Control started buying Lakemaster, Humminbird & Minkota - made everything porparithy to only work on Johnson Control products. Lowrance than teamed with Motor Guide and Navionics making a compatible fishing system to Johnson Control. Navionics also made there 1' contour maps available on the web with the Boating App where Contour Elete is on a windows computer limited software. (Computers do not have GPS chips.) Lowrance also created there C-Map to work on there product line.    I use Navionics Boating App $15 annual subscription on my Samsung phone and Samsung 10" tablet. Both have dual GPS and GLONASS chipset (USA/Russia navigation) 3ft. accuracy on the lake linked to my Vex Sonar. Very effective at a very low cost. Offers a super planning tool compared to lakemaster. You can also get lakemaster on your smart phone using the FishSmart App @ $10 to $30 per lake.   My son has a Humminbird set up on his boat running Follow the Contour. I ran test on contour and sonar depth accuracy following a 19 ft. contour. Both Navionics and Lakemaster were not 100% accurate both at times varied between 11 ft. and 26 ft. about 5% of time. Most of the route was spot on most of the time. The lake was Ottertail with fantastic structure variation. My opinion, both maps are equal in quality. Navionics offers a greater comparable equipment use.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I hear you. I wasn't "thinking" about that when I upgraded my Minnkota trolling motor about five years ago. Had I been, I would have switched so that it worked with my Lowrance. Maybe whenever I upgrade my graph I'll switch over to Hummingbird. It is all confusing.   BTW - I did ordered a new Navionics lake map chip so I'll see if it's much of an improvement.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I was awakened this morning by the sweet sound of a 2-stroke plodding through Black Bay on the crappie hunt. It's a much better wakeup sound than a whiney snowmobile motor, that's for sure. I should find an alarm clock that sounds like an old outboard plowing through the lake waters....
    • delcecchi
      Did "lakemaster"   re-survey the lake, or is this data from Navionics?     Trying to keep ownership straight.    Hummingbird owns Lakemaster it appears although it is a little ambiguous. Johnson outdoors owns Hummingbird.     Garmin owns Navionics.     Navico owns Lowrance and C-Maps.        I used to think there were only 3 sets of data for Vermilion, the OG Lakemaster 3 foot, Navionics 1 foot, and Garmin 1 foot.   Then Garmin acquired Navionics.    And now we have three families of stuff to consider for electronics and trolling motors.    And since nothing works with the other brands it becomes a real decision which one to get locked into and no source of unbiased uncorrupted objective information.....☹️
    • delcecchi
      I think that the primary purpose of any harvest regulation is to control the total amount of fish taken from the lake, and secondarily to alter the size structure of the population.      Minimum sizes, slots, numerical limits all have their problems with their effects on the size distribution, especially in a lake where the harvest is near the maximum level.     We all have heard of a large lake here in Minnesota with all sorts of issues that are basically insoluble in the face of the high level of fishing pressure it gets.      The best thing that could happen to Vermilion is for Canada to reopen.  😀   I don't know that keeping 4 12 inchers is somehow worse than keeping 4 17 inch fish, with regards to the population, for example.   I  hope folks don't start filling their freezers in the spring and fall when the fishing is good. (it is unlawful but a lot of it happened anyway)   I'm just glad to see that things are looking up for the lake and the West end in particular so I won't have to psych myself up for a long boat ride in order to actually catch a walleye.
    • delcecchi
      Congratulations on Retirement!
    • JerkinLips
      Congratulations on retirement, CigarGuy.  It has been 2 years for me now and I know you will love it.  Can't say I have been fishing more than when I was working, but at least I can pick the best times to go.
    • Hookmaster
      Congratulations on your retirement CigarGuy. I retired in December and it's fantabulous!!!  😃

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.