• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Louis Gustis spear

Luveyesdorfmn

My old man bought me one and now I'm looking to buy one of Louis' spears for my son. If anyone has one they would sell let me know. Thx! 

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk

Mike 89 and Smurfy invited me to a decoy carving show 2 years ago and boy was it worth it!! The craftsmen ship of some of the custom spears on hand was amazeing. Maybe one of these two might have a handle on location of one of his spears. I know Smurf is a big spear chucker. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a spear he might be interested in..  and you hit the amish place right Icehawk..  I have several spears so I can part with some...  

• Thumbs Up 1

since i have about everything i need, sometimes 3 of them, 😆 i havent been doing alot of window shopping lately, so sorry i cant help much.

icehawk is right, those decoy shows would be the place to hit up. and i honestly dont know of any stores that would carry a good quality spear. heck i had sticker shock when i see what they want for the good old bear creek decoys nowadays.😳

• Thumbs Up 1
Luveyesdorfmn

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry guys, I thought I'd get notified if someone responded. So I apologize. Mike if you wanna let me know what you have Thx! Shoot me a text 612 282 5114 

12 hours ago, Luveyesdorfmn said:

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry guys, I thought I'd get notified if someone responded. So I apologize. Mike if you wanna let me know what you have Thx! Shoot me a text 612 282 5114 

will do later today...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Dal72ice
      By Dal72ice
      Leech Lake.  I am wondering what to expect.  I think I might go out on Boy bay using the public landing on Sugar Point.  First are there any safety concerns, ice conditions to worry about, Landing safe?  Second what can I expect for fish? Kind of looking for some nice panfish during the day and a stray walleye or two towards evening
    • Luveyesdorfmn
      By Luveyesdorfmn
      Good morning all. I was perusing old posts and guys talked about amish spears made near Long Prairie, MN. Does anyone know if they still make them? How do I contact them? Does anyone know of any other makers? Thank you! 
    • icefishkab
      By icefishkab
      We are excited to announce that Sandy Point Lodge & Resort has purchased Aluma-Lite angling houses to rent this winter in addition to our already established fleet of darkhouse rentals for spearing.  Spend your winter trip hunting for a trophy Northern, angling Walleye, or a combination of both!  More information can be found at https://sandypointlodge.com/winter-activities!

Contact us today at 218-875-2615 or via email at [email protected]

Fish on!
    • Yancimator
      By Yancimator
      After fishing every handful in years in Minnesota for 40 years, I'm FINALLY going to bring my wife up to Vermillion and see it for the first time.   I'm chasing smallmouth and pike only (well, I'll gladly wrestle with a fooled Musky but not fishing for them).   If the largemouth fishing is better than the smallmouths, we'd probably chase some of them too.    Staying at Ludlows on the island.   Boy I'd love ANY help with where to start my searching for the smallies and pike and what to key in on that time of year.   I'll have basically two days to fish and will have my own bass boat.   I am an artificial bait only guy and catch and release.   Just looking for a bunch of tugs on the line and hopefully put my wife on some action.  Any guidance or direction??   

How deep are the smallies and what do they relate to that time of year?   Are the pike around visible weeds or submerged cabbage or something?   I'm coming in clueless.   Sure appreciate ANY help anyone's willing to provide.   Thanks!!!   Yancey from St. Louis, MO
    • Yancimator
      By Yancimator
      After fishing every handful in years in Minnesota for 40 years, I'm FINALLY going to bring my wife up to Vermillion and see it for the first time.   I'm chasing smallmouth and pike only (well, I'll gladly wrestle with a fooled Musky but not fishing for them).   If the largemouth fishing is better than the smallmouths, we'd probably chase some of them too.    Staying at Ludlows on the island.   Boy I'd love ANY help with where to start my searching for the smallies and pike and what to key in on that time of year.   I'll have basically two days to fish and will have my own bass boat.   I am an artificial bait only guy and catch and release.   Just looking for a bunch of tugs on the line and hopefully put my wife on some action.  Any guidance or direction??   

How deep are the smallies and what do they relate to that time of year?   Are the pike around visible weeds or submerged cabbage or something?   I'm coming in clueless.   Sure appreciate ANY help anyone's willing to provide.   Thanks!!!   Yancey from St. Louis, MO
    • Coloradokid55
      By Coloradokid55
      Headed to Brainerd Area July 9-11 coming from Colorado to visit friends. Well actually my girlfriend is I am tagging along to hopefully catch some fish with my flyrod And or jigs. Seeking advice on which lakes and tactics and anything else helpful to help maximize fishing  time in your state. I will have access to a canoe on Hubert Lake. Any and all advice would be much appreciated if anyone is into flyfishing Stillwater and would like to go or show me some pointers on your home waters That would be awesome thanks looking forward to any responses.
    • Dadman2017
      By Dadman2017
      Headed up to Duluth area tomorrow, want to wet a line. No boat. Anyone wanna share a bite?  Will traverse any country for some filets!!!
    • MNredneck
      By MNredneck
      I am going to cuyuna in a coule weeks and I am planning do do a little bit of fishing but am not much of a trout fisherman. Do the northerns and bass in the mine lakes have any size to them?
    • Squirt
      By Squirt
      Going to lake vermillion for the first time. June 13. Staying near Arrow Head Point, Isle of Pines. Only have a small boat with 15 HP so looking for some tips for where to go for big pike that is reasonably close given my boat. I do not mind a drive, but I know how conditions can get on big water.  I also plan to go to Trout Lake (reason for bringing the small boat) If anyone has tips on Trout Lake for Pike.  Thanks and #tightlines!
    • Vlewis128
      By Vlewis128
      Hi all. I am currently at Rush Lake near Perham at Four Seaons Resort. We’ve been here three days and have caught basically nothing. Can anyone give me some advice on walleyes here? Where to go and good baits for this lake? I’ll take any advice on any type of fish you might experience with on this lake. Never been here before.....
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• delcecchi
      Crappies in spring, walleye in the channel and around there also in spring.   I used to try in summer but I eventually concluded it was futile.
    • delcecchi
      Well there is that guy near us with a Hawgeye flag....
    • Wanderer
      Here you go @gimruis You can feel like a resident for at least a little while.
    • Duffman
      I got one out in the shed. I'll dig it out this weekend and see what kind of shape it's in, see if the mice got to it. Minimal use otherwise. Got it for trekking into trout lakes. That sounds like a lot of work these days.  
    • SkunkedAgain
      I suppose it depends on what flag you are flying and how loud you want to announce it to the world.
    • Kettle
      10-12 ft seems standard. 25 ft would be cooler 😎
    • SkunkedAgain
      Are you saying that I should not have posted about the existence of unicorns and golden walleye in Black Lake?!? 😁   As a part-time resident on Black Bay, I have drilled a handful of holes over the years in the bay. The ice gets too thick and the fish move out. I would love to actually hear any tales people have of catching a fish in Black Bay (not the river out to the islands - but in Black Bay itself). I suspect that Black Lake is the same.   Found an old thread about Black Lake, which is 6-8ft at the deepest:   
    • VermilionGold
      I purchased a flag pole from Eagle Docks last spring.  Fits right on top of a dock post, likely compatible with your dock if you have a standard vermilion lift dock.  Here is a pic from their website.  Slick setup.
    • smurfy
      Now that I'm retired I'm going to fill in all the little holes/ divets in the cabin lawn. Black dirt is kinda hard to find up there but I know of a garden on sand lake that had some.🤣😂🤫
    • PSU
      Going to finally put up a dock flag on our dock this Spring. Was is the usual height, 25 feet? Any recommendations to a brand or just buy anything off of Amazon Prime?   Thanks for any insight!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.