• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Post Current Ice Conditions

IceHawk

Starting to see some small lakes capping in the Little Falls area.  Everyone is getting restless for sure.  I expect to at least see spud checks by this weekend (won’t be me) but I don’t THINK we’ll be ready for walking out by the weekend.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

1-2 inches top on Lake Osakis one chop with chisel straight through. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Checked some of my first ice spots on the Horseshoe chain this morning varies from 1-3 inches tops still going to be a little bit here. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Looking at the forecast for the next week we won’t be making anything.  Probably losing and hopefully not all of it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Looking at the forecast for the next week we won’t be making anything.  Probably losing and hopefully not all of it.

Don't say like that!!? headed north on the 14th hopefully with enough ice for wheeler 

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

Don't say like that!!? headed north on the 14th hopefully with enough ice for wheeler 

Bah!  I’m just talking about my neck of the woods.  I haven’t paid much attention to what’s happening north of the Brainerd line.

I checked a couple other small lakes tonight over toward Mille Lacs after work and they were worse off but they have some deeper water to ‘em.  Walkable near shore but either open or just skimmed over in the fishing areas.  Those will probably open back up to the first ice line over the next few days.  I’m writing those off till after Christmas unless temps take a severe nosedive.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Bah!  I’m just talking about my neck of the woods.  I haven’t paid much attention to what’s happening north of the Brainerd line.

I checked a couple other small lakes tonight over toward Mille Lacs after work and they were worse off but they have some deeper water to ‘em.  Walkable near shore but either open or just skimmed over in the fishing areas.  Those will probably open back up to the first ice line over the next few days.  I’m writing those off till after Christmas unless temps take a severe nosedive.

didnt you say your in laws lived up by jessie??????? have you talked to them recently how the ice is coming by chance.

8 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Nope.  Must’ve been someone else.  I had a dog named Jesse once.  Best relative ever. ?

@Skill-lessWandererwelcome and thanks for posting.  Interesting choice for a handle. ?

Hmmm??

Welcome Skill less wanderer thanks for the report!

Some guys on Foot yesterday in kandioyi county Green in Spicer opened back up. Heading west Bird hunting if I get close Ill swing by Arties Bait and see what ice thicknesses he's seeing on Big stone traverse Artichoke. 

• Thanks 1

wednesday I drove up to backus from Elk River along 10 and saw one portable out on Crow Wing Lake and other than that most lakes appeared to have for the most part just skimmed over.  the loop home from backus i went through crosslake and then over to 169 along mille lacs and there were some small lakes frozen over but did not see a sole out on them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Nope.  Must’ve been someone else.  I had a dog named Jesse once.  Best relative ever. ?

@Skill-lessWandererwelcome and thanks for posting.  Interesting choice for a handle. ?

After I made the handle, I then saw yours...then I was like darn. 364 days until I can change it again so it’s not weird?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Try a lake in the canyon area the other day. Solid 4-5" most of the way out,  but got close to middle of the lake, chisel went thru on second hit. Looked like maybe 2",  decided to turn around and head back to shore. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
1 hour ago, Skill-lessWanderer said:

After I made the handle, I then saw yours...then I was like darn. 364 days until I can change it again so it’s not weird?

Welcome and what would you like your handle to be?

Been useing K drill for couple years love it now that i got enough battery power to light up a ufo ! ? You will be impressed with it great for opening old holes. 

• I Like it 1
  • l Love It 1

On 12/3/2020 at 11:15 PM, Wanderer said:

i done figured it out..........it was duffman!!!!!!?

• Yayyyy 2

A few of the wright county lakes I checked on Sunday were between 2.5 to 3 inches. one lake was told that is was 3.5 inches. might try to sneak there tomorrow afternoon and check it for my self and spud out to the one 24 foot hole. there was like 6 people out there when I checked it. Pelican at the old access off 117 had three people out northern fishing that small bay when I stopped by there. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Went ice fishing yesterday and found 6-6.5 inches of ice near Brainerd. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

By this date most years, I'm out on the ice somewhere with a few outings under my belt. I normally fish frequently until about mid-January when all the guys with big trucks and wheelhouses take over and I start to dream of spring. The ice fishing season that I love starts and ends early. 

This year has just been so weird that I haven't rallied any enthusiasm and I've felt no temptation to go risk my life for an early fish.

Your reports are helping a little. Seeing that drill cut a hole brought back some spark.

Maybe I'll pick an early ice spot to check sometime next week. Everybody be careful, but keep reports coming!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well been bouncing around in a few different areas last two weeks fishing talking to buds fishing and checking ice conditions. We are getting there slowly but surely!  Locally Mayhew 2-3 inchess, Briggs 3 inches, LIttle Rock open -5 inches, Horseshoe chain 3-4 inches with current areas still open. Some smaller lakes in the Sauk Centre area 3-5 inches. RIce lake 3-4 inches,.There is still alot of sketchy ice out there so use extrem caution yet this week should help stiffen things up !

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Was up on myrtle lake east of Orr, six inches of ice, guys already on utv's and pulling out a maybe 6x12 wheel house with a utv. The ice was going crazy as they drove by me.  Not even a nibble for fish with only three lookers on the vexilar.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1