• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OutdoorMN News - DNR Fish and Wildlife Almanac (published November 23, 2020)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• delcecchi
      Crappies in spring, walleye in the channel and around there also in spring.   I used to try in summer but I eventually concluded it was futile.
    • delcecchi
      Well there is that guy near us with a Hawgeye flag....
    • Wanderer
      Here you go @gimruis You can feel like a resident for at least a little while.
    • Duffman
      I got one out in the shed. I'll dig it out this weekend and see what kind of shape it's in, see if the mice got to it. Minimal use otherwise. Got it for trekking into trout lakes. That sounds like a lot of work these days.  
    • SkunkedAgain
      I suppose it depends on what flag you are flying and how loud you want to announce it to the world.
    • Kettle
      10-12 ft seems standard. 25 ft would be cooler 😎
    • SkunkedAgain
      Are you saying that I should not have posted about the existence of unicorns and golden walleye in Black Lake?!? 😁   As a part-time resident on Black Bay, I have drilled a handful of holes over the years in the bay. The ice gets too thick and the fish move out. I would love to actually hear any tales people have of catching a fish in Black Bay (not the river out to the islands - but in Black Bay itself). I suspect that Black Lake is the same.   Found an old thread about Black Lake, which is 6-8ft at the deepest:   
    • VermilionGold
      I purchased a flag pole from Eagle Docks last spring.  Fits right on top of a dock post, likely compatible with your dock if you have a standard vermilion lift dock.  Here is a pic from their website.  Slick setup.
    • smurfy
      Now that I'm retired I'm going to fill in all the little holes/ divets in the cabin lawn. Black dirt is kinda hard to find up there but I know of a garden on sand lake that had some.🤣😂🤫
    • PSU
      Going to finally put up a dock flag on our dock this Spring. Was is the usual height, 25 feet? Any recommendations to a brand or just buy anything off of Amazon Prime?   Thanks for any insight!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.