• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 gun deer season 🦌

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
monstermoose78

Good luck every this weekend!!

• Thumbs Up 3
smurfy

yep what Mikey said!!!!!!!!👍 hoping to be at deer camp by 3 this afternoon!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
ozzie

Good Luck to all this year!  will be warm, but that will just make it easier to sit all day in the woods and watch the natural world move by!  

gimruis

Looks warm on Sat/Sun, but a big weather change is coming in on Monday and all of next week looks like 30's and no hurricanes in sight.

Remember to exercise patience because there will likely be more hunters out there this season too if it follows the same pattern everything else has related to the outdoors in 2020.

• Thumbs Up 1
monstermoose78

Not many deer in the arrowhead!! 9 shots heard for both days and two were my brother. Seen a button buck yesterday but no doe tag!! 

• Thumbs Up 2
Barbelboy

Saturday morning there was good deer movement, better than I anticipated. My partner shot a fork, i passed a doe and smaller 8 pt. Only hunted Sat morning as i wanted to butcher the one we had because of the warm weather. So Sat evening i did a little drive around to some of the local public land spot. Holy moly, I know the warm weather helped, but there were more cars parked in places that i have never seen them before. Kind of cool to see the resurgence in hunting to the level it has been. 

Gonna get back out Wednesday, maybe we'll have some snow on the ground.

• Thumbs Up 3
monstermoose78

I hot buck. I seen two deer for four full days in a stand. The wolves moved in today according to my cousin and dad.

DCC2BAFD-CCFA-4960-B29F-CF89109DC788.jpeg

2CB5FF68-2C0D-4A9A-88E2-816C137A36E9.jpeg

6AD886F5-6236-4535-9D1D-9B91DA07E24C.jpeg

052A7D37-1C7B-48BC-BEF5-D43EE7669D1B.jpeg

24ADDE2B-B2BE-4E08-B81D-F527E07A981F.jpeg

C06630BF-08A1-49D9-B589-BAB60A57354B.jpeg

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1
monstermoose78

Update on the buck I shot at. I did hit him just forward and a little low. My cousin found him today fighting off a coyote. My cousin shot the buck and could not get the coyote. 

4C605B72-D2A7-4D3F-9183-1BA296F8B88E.png

06009F4D-DAD0-47B5-919F-E3DEDAA29F1C.jpeg

689521CA-D057-4548-8A52-335AB3F8A4D1.jpeg

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Thumbs Up 2
protrapper

I had both those bucks on camera. Been real slow. 

• Thumbs Up 2
Wanderer

Congrats on the new land and having your father back hunting with you!  Congrats to the boys on their bucks!  Great season. 😎

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Brandon Smith
      By Brandon Smith
      Where are people taking hides these days? I haven't seen hides for habitat dropoffs this year.
    • ANYFISH2
      By ANYFISH2
      It appears the US Fish and Wildlife Service is in the press of removing the Grey Wolf from the Endangered and Threatened lists.  After waiting period they will be delisted on January 4th 2021.
    • Troy Smutka
      By Troy Smutka
      This season got off to a slow start after my son got his first ever bird on his first youth opener. Parker's first shot at a duck or goose got him a ten pound Canada goose. Early regular season netted a few bluewing teal, wood ducks, and a mallard, but we weren't seeing as many birds in central MN as we usually do early in the season. With the cold fronts and even some snow lately, things have picked up with us decoying mallards, pintails, greenwing teal, shovelers, canvasbacks, ringnecks, redheads, and bluebills. Worried about an early freeze up with the current weather and forecasted weather, but we shall see. Good luck, and I will see you out there somewhere.

• going4it
      By going4it
      Heading up this week to chase birds and wondering if the leaves are mostly down? Thank you for the info. 
    • gimruis
      By gimruis
      Not sure if anyone else saw this but the statewide pheasant report was released by the DNR yesterday and its up 42% statewide.  Its the highest numbers in over a decade.  A mostly mild winter and a dry spring likely accounted for lower mortality and a good hatch.  There will be no shortage of birds...or hunters.

https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/recreation/hunting/pheasant/prospect_map.pdf
    • Brian Balzum
      By Brian Balzum
      I have a new Ruger GP100 6" barrel and I'm looking for the best cartridge for deer hunting? Max distance would be 30 - 40 yards
    • ANYFISH2
      By ANYFISH2
      Just heads up, if you haven't already heard.  Camp Ripley youth hunt has been cancelled for 2020. 
      Public hunts will not have a lottery, information and purchase dates will be released in August.  This allows for a easier cancelation of the hunts.

Thanks Covid.
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I can’t find varmint loads any where, Any help? 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      Click here to see photos and vote.
    • Beinglis23
      By Beinglis23
      which Bait is best for rainbow and brown trout
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Not any more. Like I said above they are moving you have to stay active on the sites if you want one.   Sold  · 2006 Ski-Doo skandic $4,500 Vehicles Listed 13 hours ago in Esko, MN
    • StateofHockey
      Looking forward to some hard water fishing, will be up after Thanksgiving but not expecting enough ice 5"-6" for me to get out fishing yet. Can wait for another week or 2.
    • StateofHockey
      St Louis county plows Moccasin pt road down to the boat ramp and a row of parking spaces on the south side of the road. Provides a fairly busy mid lake access right on the main snowmobile trail.  Parking is limited, generally full/over full on nice winter Saturdays.
    • fishingstar
      I don't know if you are on facebook but there is one on marketplace. 2006 Ski-Doo Skandic 550F WT for 4500
    • Mike89
      only you!!!  LOL!!
    • Wanderer
      Have you posted any Want to Buy ads on the other sites you’ve been shopping?  Might just tip someone’s hand that doesn’t want to post one for sale.   Good luck!
    • smurfy
      what???? letting me know when he sets his garbage out!!!!!!🤣
    • Mike89
      that is darn good of you IceHawk!!!   I salute you for that!!  
    • IceHawk
      If you only knew how much I have done to help out youths hunting and fishing by donateing ,teaching and by being a positive role model, mentor. . Those that know me know how much it means to me to see a smile on a newbies kids face after he ices his first fish!  In fact I just gave one of my clam pros to a buddies 14 year old son that is really getting hooked on the sport. How many are willing to do that 😉   Thought it was a bear digging in my garbage cans little did I know a smurfy would pop up from the ruins 🤣 Hope fully you get some use out of them 😀
    • smurfy
      its ok, i'm a 63 year old kid and i did some dumpster diving, aka shopping and got them. they didnt go to the landfill!!!!👍😂

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.