• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ozzie

Great to hear from you Dtro!  It is sad that the participation in forums like this is going by the wayside and it seems we are losing valued members constantly which is sad, but also the way of the world.  Great to hear you are succeeding in your latest adventure, but that does not surprise me, as following you for the past 15 years, I wouldn't expect anything less from you!  I enjoyed the news clip and the excitement on the young girls face as she reeled in her first sturgeon!  Keep doing what your doing and don't be a stranger!!   Take care and stay safe!  Ozzie 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Rick

Thanks for stopping in Darren. I will always consider you a great friend. You always gave and then gave some more.

You are appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1
ANYFISH2

DTro it is great to hear from again.  You were one of the great posters of this site that made me join some 13-14 years ago.  We all miss the contributions that you and many past member gave us.  Average Joe fisherman like myself have struggled to continue the great things you all had started.  For this I apologize to FM.  

Social media has certainly drawn many away from message boards like FM, due to groups having known people respond to post quicker (instant gratification).  With the loss of many members and the numerous get together,  the personal touch and trust has been lost on message boards.

I also think that, I my situation, life with active teenage kids and speed of life have taken me away from sharing my experiences as often.  Every year I hope to be more active, it just hasn't materialized.

I still love this site, I just need to devote more time to be active.

Thanks again DTro, nice to hear from you again, blessings to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• opsirc
      By opsirc
      Has anyone been out to check ice on any lakes in area. Heard there was 2-3 inches on strand. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      Yup, I started it. Seeing people post about water temps in the low 40s, and knowing that there will be a lot of cold temps this week....we may see the small bays freeze. I have a vested interest as I'd like to make it up next weekend, but have strong doubts that our small bay will be ice-free. Let's hear those reports as the lake begins to change.
    • smurfy
      By smurfy
      hope everyone has a great thanksgiving day. enjoy what company you can and enjoy your thanksgiving meal.👍
    • Old Boat
      By Old Boat
      It's got a 50hp Merc that's got the lower took apart. Covered bow, tapered STEARN. Thick aircraft grade aluminum.
    • YouthFishingGuide
      By YouthFishingGuide
      I have found a Strikemaster Magnum 3 Plus 49cc 3HP with box and never used. It also has the matching Mora(Sweden) Auger with guard and spare bonus blades. Paint looks new. I am curious if this is a valuable item or if I should just add some gas and start using. Thank you

• Phisher0420
      By Phisher0420
      Had anyone tried and had luck finding worms in late fall. For some reason we have a worm shortage, not I've place in town has had then for weeks
    • Dash 1
      By Dash 1
      Everyone please vote tomorrow. Our fishing and hunting needs all our support. No matter who you vote for just vote. Thank goodness the political ads will finally be done.
    • SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      In years past, Jack and other owners of the Landing used to keep the boat launch plowed next door. The last owners of the Landing didn't do it. I've asked several times while frequenting the Landing this summer/fall, and it sounds like they do not plan to keep the lot open either. Are there any other public launches on the lake that are regularly or semi-regularly plowed for people to park sled trailers?
    • Austin12345
      By Austin12345
      Its hard to think but its coming soon at 15 I dont have 300 laying around to buy a vex with so last year I got a garmin striker 4 and made a mount for it even with the summer ducer it worked great!! I would put it up aginst my buddies vexs and marcums here are the pics

• evinrudespeed
      By evinrudespeed
      So the weather really tanked!! I was hoping to fish until November before winterizing the boat.

Anyone been out...either reservoirs or up Hwy 53? Any idea of when landings start pulling docks...probably on DNR site huh?
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Mike89
    • monstermoose78
      Well I have been stuck inside with covid and just keeping to myself. I hope to get out in the woods or fields soon. Stay healthy everyone.
    • Alex E
      near McKinley park and got starlink to test as an alternative to frontier - not mounted properly (rooftop mount was back ordered) so obstructions are an issue. When it works it flies (had some speed tests >160mbps, but does drop for 20 seconds at a time. As chucker stated, it’s perfect for multiple streaming TV that can download/buffer ahead and for all normal internet uses but not great for video calls. 
    • Mike89
      good for you!!  
    • JerkinLips
      Cools down Sunday afternoon and the wind dies down at the same time so Head-OLakes Bay should freeze over Sunday night, 11/30.  A couple of cool days after that so next weekend may be possible for fishing (on foot).  I may wait until the following Monday 12/6 to go up.
    • smurfy
      Yea noticed that to. Since heading north to Itasca county since 1965, we notice the same with the weather and snow. Seems  brainerd is a line, then north of deer river.
    • jim curlee
      I've had enough drama/frustration over buying a used Skandic. lol Called all over Minnesota yesterday looking for a new one. One of the dealers I called last week, had 8-9 of them, today none. I happened to find one new Skandic SWT, and bought it. Delivery sometime in December. If anybody else is on the fence about a Skandic, you better buy it, there aren't anymore. LOL     
    • Wanderer
      The transition seems to be around Brainerd the past few years that I’ve noticed.  Anything south seems to take a while to lock up good then goes bad earlier. Probably has been that way a long time but I’ve only been in the area about 5 winters now and normally didn’t come this direction to ice fish before then.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I would bet that the ice in front of your place is at least 6 inches thick. I think that this will be a good ice year in our bay, but will have to wait it out to see what the future holds for the rest of the lake!   I expect that you'll drill a hole or two to get some fishing in this weekend....
    • smurfy
      Drove by pleasant lake today coming home from st cloud.  99% of that lake is wide open yet 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.