• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Info wanted on pond/lake next to fish lake

JBMasterAngler

Tried looking it up on lake finder, no info on it. Probably means it freezes solid every winter. At best, has minnows in it. Maybe an occasional potato chip sunny or baby bass, if it’s connected to fish.

PeachyHans

Now I'm curious and bored enough to go for a dip. For science! 

• Yayyyy 2
papadarv

Some times Google Earth can provide a clue about a lake/pond. The pond is surrounded by a dense neighborhood of Maple Grove, the green color in the pond is both vegetation and alge, note there isn't a single dock on the pond. Party much looks like a 3' deep mosquito infested swamp surrounded with some really nice homes, the marvels of highly taxed lakeshore property.

20201018_090031.thumb.jpg.3708735cbbcef61475c08921997f3b3c.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JerkinLips
      Heard some people were out fishing at McKinley Park today.  HotL Bay is still open, so now I think it will be about November 29 before Vermilion ices-over.  I am hoping to make it out December 2.  Looked back at previous forum reports and came up with the ice-over dates below:
    • IceHawk
      Happy Thanksgiving to all !
    • leech~~
      If you think about it. With all the hunters, trappers, guides and people just living off the land up in Canada and Alaska. You have to wonder how many Ski-Doo Skandic's even make it down to the lower 48? I would even bet being so close to the boarder a lot more Arctic cat Bearcat's and Polaris Wide tracks head that way north then down here. Not trying to discourage you but it's kind of the hot time of year for sleds. You may do better picking up a used one at the end of the season this spring or very early next fall.  Good Luck. 😉
    • Kettle
      Happy Thanksgiving FM friends! Just remember the 10 person maximum get together. That is unless you are having a funeral for the turkey, then it's 25 people maximum 🤣
    • Rick G
      Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys😁
    • Wanderer
      Good vid @Bryan P.  Thanks!
    • papadarv
      Looks like NOAA national weather has modified their colder than normal winter with December being quite a bit warmer. May be a struggle to get good ice by Christmas especially Southern two thirds of the state. Getting above average snow (as forecasted) will also hamper ice build. Hope they are wrong.  
    • Better Than Working!
      Cheers to all! Hopefully Christmas celebrations can be a little more encompassing! If not at least we may have enough ice for fishing!
    • Wanderer
      You 2 ta boot!   Since we have a small audience this year I’m trying my hand at my first smoked brisket to add to the customary turkey.   No real big risk of failure! 😆
    • Mike89

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.