• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

going4it

Heading up this week to chase birds and wondering if the leaves are mostly down? Thank you for the info. 

My group hunted south of Aurora last week and the visibility was pretty good.  Lots of grouse in the woods!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Troy Smutka
      By Troy Smutka
      This season got off to a slow start after my son got his first ever bird on his first youth opener. Parker's first shot at a duck or goose got him a ten pound Canada goose. Early regular season netted a few bluewing teal, wood ducks, and a mallard, but we weren't seeing as many birds in central MN as we usually do early in the season. With the cold fronts and even some snow lately, things have picked up with us decoying mallards, pintails, greenwing teal, shovelers, canvasbacks, ringnecks, redheads, and bluebills. Worried about an early freeze up with the current weather and forecasted weather, but we shall see. Good luck, and I will see you out there somewhere.

• gimruis
      By gimruis
      Not sure if anyone else saw this but the statewide pheasant report was released by the DNR yesterday and its up 42% statewide.  Its the highest numbers in over a decade.  A mostly mild winter and a dry spring likely accounted for lower mortality and a good hatch.  There will be no shortage of birds...or hunters.

https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/recreation/hunting/pheasant/prospect_map.pdf
    • Brian Balzum
      By Brian Balzum
      I have a new Ruger GP100 6" barrel and I'm looking for the best cartridge for deer hunting? Max distance would be 30 - 40 yards
    • ANYFISH2
      By ANYFISH2
      Just heads up, if you haven't already heard.  Camp Ripley youth hunt has been cancelled for 2020. 
      Public hunts will not have a lottery, information and purchase dates will be released in August.  This allows for a easier cancelation of the hunts.

Thanks Covid.
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I can’t find varmint loads any where, Any help? 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      Click here to see photos and vote.
    • Beinglis23
      By Beinglis23
      which Bait is best for rainbow and brown trout
    • PRO-V
      By PRO-V
      Had this girl show up in my yard last night.
      VID_20200512_200823184.mp4
    • PRO-V
      By PRO-V
      Had this moose come cruising into my yard 1 mile south of Grand Rapids last night. Stayed 45 minutes.
      VID_20200512_200823184.mp4
    • Erik Himmel
      By Erik Himmel
      Ok so you have limited time to pull a deer in. You know there's deer within 1/4 mile due to sign. Around the rut maybe shortly before or during, what would you use to pull a buck into your set-up either blind or stand. Rattling and calling wont work just an attractant of some kind be it corn or liquids or such. What do you use and why?

Thanks 

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• h8go4s
      billrider has a total of 3 posts, all with a link to his website. No credibility.
    • mulefarm
    • Dash 1
      As much as I would like to blame the catfish or other species of hurting the panfish population, the number one factor I believe is over harvest from fishing. There are people that fish 4 or more days a week and give fish away to others that don’t fish.  Somehow they just can’t bring themselves to catch and release which I do not understand.  I love fishing and I love the taste of fish but no way my I cleaning fish every time I go out. Hopefully we can continue to educate people on the benefits of catch and release instead of keeping so many. It sucks to go down to 10 or 5 for a limit, but if it helps us down the road I will live with it.  The lake my in-laws have a cabin on has been 5 sunfish for many years now and  it has helped. It just takes a while.
    • PRO-V
      I have trouble taking recommendations from someone that is obviously just trying to use this forum to sell stuff. Just like the pro's - the best product is the one that sponsors them. 🙄
    • gimruis
      I don't fish that series of lakes but I have also heard that the introduction of the catfish years ago has played a significant role in reducing the population of panfish, especially bluegills.  I know bass anglers that fish out there regularly using artificial moving lures that still catch catfish.  That tells me they are aggressive and hungry.   I believe muskies were also introduced but muskies have not been proven to have a measurable impact on panfish populations, except for maybe perch.  There's simply not enough of them and stomach content studies have shown they prefer a diet of suckers, ciscoes (when present), small pike, and perch.  Would they eat a bluegill given the chance?  Of course.  But they do not seek them out as primary prey.   Another likely factor is angler over harvest.  Panfish populations get hammered almost year round now.
    • smurfy
      looks like there will be a change in sunfish limits effective march 1. article in todays st cloud times said there looking to reduce the sunfish limit on 9 area lakes. those lakes happen to make up the horseshoe chain system. looks like the new limit will go from 20 to 10.   now this is just my opinion but i didnt hear any issues with the panfish population  until a few years after they introduced the catfish to that system.   either way i'm ok with the change! 
    • Austin12345
      love all the pictures 
    • Austin12345
      Are you looking for one for hardwater or openwater
    • gimruis
      Whoa, bringing this one back from the dead.   I use Rockys.  The specific model are Cornstalkers.  They have 500 grams of insulation.  I use mine as all-purpose boots, walking for pheasants/grouse and sitting for deer/turkeys.  The first set I had lasted for about 10 years before they started to fall apart.  I'm on my second pair now, year 3 coming up.  I had a pair of Redhead Comfort Airs from Bass Pro for 2 seasons and they started to leak and my feet always got wet.  Highly suggest avoiding the Redhead brand of boots.
    • billrider80
      I like Danner. These boots tick all the right factors that go into delivering a great boot experience, more here https://bootsgeek.com/danner-quarry-review/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.