• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm looking to buy a Ski Doo Skandic snowmachine.

Would prefer the 600 e-tec engine, but will consider any.

2010 or newer.

PM with particulars.

If it would help, I have a 2003 Ski Doo Tundra with the single cylinder engine, for trade, excellent condition.

Thanks

Jim

• 1 month later...
jim curlee

Still looking to buy a used Skandic.

Open to any engine options, would still want a newer sled.

Must be somebody out there looking to upgrade.

I will pay in $100 bills.

Lower miles a plus, not interested in any beat up high mileage sleds.

Would prefer to buy from a private party, I'm guessing I'll pay more that a dealer will give you in trade.

Wouldn't hurt to check with me first.

Still have my best Tundra for a partial trade if you want to have a decent dependable sled to putt around on.

Buzzed all over the place on her yesterday, runs good, but reinforces the fact that I could sure use electric start, and reverse. 

I'm gettin old. lol

Thanks

Jim

leech~~

Jim,

A good used Skandic or Tundra are next to impossible to find. Their on and off the sales sites in short order.

You may want to expand looking for other brands also like the Arctic cat Bearcat or Polaris LXT or IQ Widetrack.

Pretty much all the work horse sleds are snapped up at high prices as fast as their posted. 

Have some money ready, check daily and have your finger on the buy button. 😉 Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
jim curlee

Still no luck, so far the closest I've been is the 2nd caller, 33 minutes after the sled was posted. lol

I have called on every used Skandic that has come up for sale within 500 miles of Cook. 

There was one out in Seattle yesterday, lasted 7 hours on craigslist. I thought about it, then reality set in, and I figured it's just a touch too far to go for a snowmachine. lol

I'll keep after it, but at this point looks like I'll be rolling on the Tundra again this winter.

Just can't get myself to drop $13,850 on a new snowmobile.

Wanderer
6 hours ago, jim curlee said:

Still no luck, so far the closest I've been is the 2nd caller, 33 minutes after the sled was posted. lol

I have called on every used Skandic that has come up for sale within 500 miles of Cook. 

There was one out in Seattle yesterday, lasted 7 hours on craigslist. I thought about it, then reality set in, and I figured it's just a touch too far to go for a snowmachine. lol

I'll keep after it, but at this point looks like I'll be rolling on the Tundra again this winter.

Just can't get myself to drop $13,850 on a new snowmobile.

Have you posted any Want to Buy ads on the other sites you’ve been shopping?  Might just tip someone’s hand that doesn’t want to post one for sale.

Good luck!

fishingstar

I don't know if you are on facebook but there is one on marketplace.

2006 Ski-Doo Skandic 550F WT for 4500

leech~~
3 hours ago, fishingstar said:

I don't know if you are on facebook but there is one on marketplace.

2006 Ski-Doo Skandic 550F WT for 4500

Not any more. Like I said above they are moving you have to stay active on the sites if you want one.

Sold  · 2006 Ski-Doo skandic

$4,500

Vehicles

Listed 13 hours ago in Esko, MN

jim curlee

NO

Can't put WTB ads on facebook or craigslist, atleast that's the response I've gotten from both of those outfits when I've tried.

Here's a weird one, I tried putting a for sale ad for a couple of northern pike spears on facebook the other day, they rejected me because it goes against their policies against weapons, what's up with that.

I look through craigslist, facebook, and the surplus auction site classifieds a dozen times a day. lol

All I can do is keep doin what I am doin, and hope for a break.

I'll take all the help I can get in locating a Skandic, so if anybody see's one or hears of one for sale, I'd sure be interested.

I'm wondering if there are even less chances at a sled this year than in years past, because of covid 19.

I know that a bunch of places went up this year, so I'm guessin that the northern Minnesota population has increased a bunch.

The guy that hauls gravel for us, told me he was busier than he wanted to be putting driveways in this year.

Takes alot of fill to push a driveway through a swamp. LOL

The dog was bored the other day so we went for a ride, I even see people living in campers, WTH are they goin to do when it actually get's cold. lol

leech~~

If you think about it. With all the hunters, trappers, guides and people just living off the land up in Canada and Alaska. You have to wonder how many Ski-Doo Skandic's even make it down to the lower 48? I would even bet being so close to the boarder a lot more Arctic cat Bearcat's and Polaris Wide tracks head that way north then down here. Not trying to discourage you but it's kind of the hot time of year for sleds. You may do better picking up a used one at the end of the season this spring or very early next fall.  Good Luck. 😉

jim curlee

I've had enough drama/frustration over buying a used Skandic. lol

Called all over Minnesota yesterday looking for a new one.

One of the dealers I called last week, had 8-9 of them, today none.

I happened to find one new Skandic SWT, and bought it.

Delivery sometime in December.

If anybody else is on the fence about a Skandic, you better buy it, there aren't anymore. LOL 

• Thumbs Up 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• jim curlee
      By jim curlee
      I have an old(purple) Otter Lodge.
      I'm thinkin about buying a new one with the insulated cover.
      Just wondering what your thoughts are on moisture condensation in the newer houses.
      Right now with the moderate temps, my old house is way wet on the inside.
      Thanks
      Jim
    • Pigmeat
      By Pigmeat
      I think I know the answer, but . . .
      After running for about 3 hours the output on my flasher battery dropped from 12.5v to 10.1v. Pretty much means it's dead, correct?
    • hitthebricks
      By hitthebricks
      I have a Marcum LX5 that's been hardly used.  I charged the battery then turned it on and let it run to check the battery life to see if I needed  a new one.  After a few hours it died.  Tried to charge it again but no luck, bought a new one, hooked it up, nothing, checked the connections, nothing.  Any ideas what's wrong?

HTB
    • Greywolf25
      By Greywolf25
      New to ice fishing. In a 16’ ice castle in a lake with 17 inches of ice. Ice is cracking so much it sometimes shakes my house. Anything to worried about? 
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      Anyone know if the public access parking lot is plowed?
    • 406_outdoormaniac
      By 406_outdoormaniac
      So I just received my fathers ice shack he built more than 20 years ago. He never got to take it out because of life so it’s been sitting there since rotting away. I’m doing some TLC on it and want to get some wiring done before the inside is done. I’ll have a propane wall heater, that’s easy to do for me. But I don’t know much on how to configure a 12V system. I just want to add a couple lights inside and 3 or 4 outlets, possibly lights outside as well. Nothing crazy but I want to be able to build off of it in the later future. Please give me some criticism or whatever you please. Just want to do it right and safely. Shack is 6’ X 10’. 
    • Lynette Norton
    • Austin12345
      By Austin12345
      Does anyone hear have any experience overnight fishing in your popup any tips or tricks or anything like that?
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      anyone know if there is a big difference between these two? I understand that lawn/garden are pretty much lawnmower/ summer   use, and power sport are for utv/atv/snowmobile/ winter use. 
    • Rick
      By Rick
      Have a very Merry Christmas my friends. 

I hope you all feel the love on this very special day!

God bless.
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• TrueNorth
    • smurfy
      sweet👍 next time up i might head that way. cabin is 45 minutes from there.  yea there access can be interesting at times!!!!!!
    • SkunkedAgain
      I remember my father wearing the shock vest for his afib just in case things went haywire. After a year of it he got to stop but still had to swallow the rat poison daily. I suppose that I'll be there at some point. Maybe I need to keep running from the sauna to the snowpile to keep my ticker in shape.   Stay strong.
    • Wanderer
      You’re exactly right.  They have their maximum profits dialed in and to heck with incidental late demand when it comes to that stuff.  This year has amplified that process.  You couldn’t find any popular fishing line in stock in the Baxter store past opener.  It wasn’t even good BY opener.
    • Wanderer
      Naw, I didn’t.  There wasn’t really much for hanging out inside.  Rick was coaching everyone up the access today though.  Had to tow some according to reports.  We made it up fine. LOTS of small walleyes to go around but several people iced 20” plus fish.  I lost one heavy fish at 5:30 this morning - pulled too hard after setting the hook; the line stretched and the fish didn’t move much.  Pike showed up but most went back due to the slot.  Perch were on the light side for keepers but kept things going.  Most action was in 20-22 fow either on top of a bar or the top of the breaks.   I went out to 32 fow and marked some tullibees but they wouldn’t chase.  Caught some more perch but had to keep them all due to the barotrauma.   Burnt orange was our best jig or hook color.   Caught fish on crappie jigs and minnows, chubs and one on a sucker.
    • leech~~
      Have noticed that since the big wigs own Fleet now. They do "seasonal buys" on items and once its sold out there is no resupplying until next season. They start combining shelving and moving in the summer boating stuff.
    • Remi
      I just won a ice castle fish house/rv edition and am wondering if anyone uses their flush toilets in them, and if so where do you dump at?  
    • smurfy
      did you have one of Kim's bloody marys???? num num. i usually go out of highbanks if i hit winnie, got to know kim and rick well, but its been a while!!!!!!!🙄 there good peoples!!!!!1   no fish report???????????🤔
    • Wanderer
      All the inventory is on the ice this season!
    • Wanderer
      12 inches and it’s game on for most.  We do have great ice this year for what is there.  Not saying it’s all good - everyone is taking their chances with it!     I’m reasonably cautious and do my own ice checks but have been on less ice than I would’ve believed only a few years ago.  Slow and easy...   We were on Winnie over the weekend with a FB group my wife has been a member of, Hard Water Kampers (HWK).  153 wheelhouses checked into the event.  Some 1 tons with plows and giant tandem axle houses down to more normal fare in a reserved area on the lake out of Highbanks Resort.  17-18 inches of ice and only a few sites showed any water problems.  Almost everyone obeyed the 10 mph speed limit to a T.  I did experience the wave we can cause though at the shore staging area with a couple big trucks coming off a little fast.  Pretty obvious how the ice can blow up by someone and then it be weak for another following behind later.   I’ll have to say I was impressed with how the organizers handled their event with the support of Highbanks.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.