• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What is the best crankbait?

simonmichel

Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• The Chemist
      By The Chemist
      So as i got a Cabelas CC, I will be able to get a new locator. Currently have 2 FL-8s but want an upgrade. I basically spend the winter for Cats. Have over $500 in awards.
    • lakesareaoutdoors
      By lakesareaoutdoors
      The bass are starting to put their feed bag on! Check out this video below. We were near Park Rapids.

• PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      I've heard this river has plenty of catfish. I've tried my luck a couple times at the canoe launch but nothing (lots of carp here). Are there any spots that are tried and true? I use a carolina rig with whatever weight I have on hand, circle or octopus hook, usually crawlers but have also tried fresh cut sucker.
    • Yancimator
      By Yancimator
      After fishing every handful in years in Minnesota for 40 years, I'm FINALLY going to bring my wife up to Vermillion and see it for the first time.   I'm chasing smallmouth and pike only (well, I'll gladly wrestle with a fooled Musky but not fishing for them).   If the largemouth fishing is better than the smallmouths, we'd probably chase some of them too.    Staying at Ludlows on the island.   Boy I'd love ANY help with where to start my searching for the smallies and pike and what to key in on that time of year.   I'll have basically two days to fish and will have my own bass boat.   I am an artificial bait only guy and catch and release.   Just looking for a bunch of tugs on the line and hopefully put my wife on some action.  Any guidance or direction??   

How deep are the smallies and what do they relate to that time of year?   Are the pike around visible weeds or submerged cabbage or something?   I'm coming in clueless.   Sure appreciate ANY help anyone's willing to provide.   Thanks!!!   Yancey from St. Louis, MO
    • Salsballs93
      By Salsballs93
      Looking to bring my fly fishing into the metro. Anyone willing to share where they've gone, if at all?
    • AlexKempston
      By AlexKempston
      Has anyone caught any muskie/musky on any of the Horseshoe/Sauk River Chain of Lakes this year? 
    • Yancimator
      By Yancimator
      After fishing every handful in years in Minnesota for 40 years, I'm FINALLY going to bring my wife up to Vermillion and see it for the first time.   I'm chasing smallmouth and pike only (well, I'll gladly wrestle with a fooled Musky but not fishing for them).   If the largemouth fishing is better than the smallmouths, we'd probably chase some of them too.    Staying at Ludlows on the island.   Boy I'd love ANY help with where to start my searching for the smallies and pike and what to key in on that time of year.   I'll have basically two days to fish and will have my own bass boat.   I am an artificial bait only guy and catch and release.   Just looking for a bunch of tugs on the line and hopefully put my wife on some action.  Any guidance or direction??   

How deep are the smallies and what do they relate to that time of year?   Are the pike around visible weeds or submerged cabbage or something?   I'm coming in clueless.   Sure appreciate ANY help anyone's willing to provide.   Thanks!!!   Yancey from St. Louis, MO
    • teeeeelr
      By teeeeelr
      do you guys have any reccomendations for rigs and baits to use for catfish at lake st. croix? ones that work well during the summer. 
      thanks! 
    • Coloradokid55
      By Coloradokid55
      Headed to Brainerd Area July 9-11 coming from Colorado to visit friends. Well actually my girlfriend is I am tagging along to hopefully catch some fish with my flyrod And or jigs. Seeking advice on which lakes and tactics and anything else helpful to help maximize fishing  time in your state. I will have access to a canoe on Hubert Lake. Any and all advice would be much appreciated if anyone is into flyfishing Stillwater and would like to go or show me some pointers on your home waters That would be awesome thanks looking forward to any responses.
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got out on Fathers day with the Kayak down the Mississippi River for some good ole Smallmouth Bass action. River was low which made a great float and the smallies were hungry! They just couldn't resist the wacky worm once again. We have such an amazing fishery here in MN, glad to call this state home.  Enjoy. 

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• BobT
      Nephew was up on Red this weekend and reported about 7" of ice. I understand they got some nice 'eyes.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Anyone been out for a drive? Did about a 100 mile loop today and things are looking better few lakes that were rolling last week we’re caped this morning. Hope to find someplace to fish next weekend. Got myself in to much of a rut going to work and sitting around every weekend.
    • Laker218
      The middle of Niles bay finally froze over last night.  4” of ice just off of shore which has been frozen for awhile. 
    • Wicheesehead37
      WebCams looks like ice over (today?)... there was a FB posting someone in an airplane on 11.28.20 posting pictures of the open water.  on the Lake Vermilion FB group.  We need that guy to do daily posts... flights... ;)
    • SkunkedAgain
      Always a good reminder that the chart below assumes that the ice is the same thickness everywhere. As we all know, it is thinner and thicker in spots.   Thanks for the spudbar update jim curlee  
    • smurfy
      yea i dont really understand the rational for changing it from dec 1 to nov 15 either.........whats the rush. i dont remeber any year since they changed the date that there was safe enough ice..........could be wrong though. i remember more years when it was dec 1 with plenty of iffy ice and that was going to itasca county lakes!!!!!!
    • jim curlee
      I guess I should read the regs once in awhile. I had no clue they changed the spearing opener, it was December 1st for as long as I can remember. Doesn't matter this year, still isn't enough ice to get out. It was around 16 last night so we probably made ice, but I'm going to need a few more days of single digits before I get out. Were booked for tomorrow, not sure yet if it's going to happen or not. Jim
    • gimruis
      I went a day last week for the first time this season and folded up two roosters in about an hour and a half.
    • Rick
      Hunting pheasants, ruffed grouse, squirrels or rabbits offers opportunities to enjoy the Minnesota outdoors as temperatures fall and snow blankets the landscape. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • MNBoatRigging
      Minnesota Boat Rigging Shoot us a message here. Located in Blaine, MN and we also offer 'On Site' rigging depending on customer location and what needs to be done. We offer installation on trolling motors, electronic units, shallow water anchors, trailers, lighting and more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.