• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OutdoorMN News - 2020 Minnesota Governor's Pheasant Hunting Opener Postponed (published August 4, 2020)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Dash 1
      For me it’s been slow. Last Wednesday got 2 small northern and a nice bass for 5 hours fishing. Was using shiners mainly. Very little boat traffic and access has been mostly empty as well when I drive by.
    • bowkill78
      This is the quietest forum on the planet.  I'm going back to Clearwater for one last trip.  How has the fall fishing been?
    • muskie-mike
      Beats my banana sized walleyes on leadcore...  
    • ozzie
      Hit up the lake Friday afternoon running around we did not get anything but one 22" eye pulling a lindy with a worm.  We then pulled out of the lake and Saturday went to Winnie.  Stayed dry up there but the fishing success eluded our boats.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  The traditional fall jig bite for walleyes is in full swing.  There are various schools located across the south shore.  Anglers catching good numbers of walleyes just outside the Lighthouse Gap where the Rainy River enters Lake of the Woods, in front of Zippel Bay and around Long Point.  Depths of 22-28', anchored up and jigging with a fathead or frozen shiners has been successful.  Anglers going through a lot of fish, sorting through lots of smalls to ultimately get nice eaters.  A lot of action.  Some anglers still drifting spinners with a minnow or crawler with success.  Some good walleye reports also from Four Mile Bay in 10-15'. On the Rainy River...   Intermittent runs of emerald shiners have entered the river as have some walleyes.  Mixed reports by anglers, as the big run hasn't happened yet.  Typically activity increases as water cools.  Current on the river is low.  Most anglers are jigging with frozen shiners, although trolling crankbaits or crawler harnesses are still effective.  Sturgeon anglers focusing on deeper holes with a sturgeon rig loaded with crawlers and shiners.  Pike showing hanging on weed edges. Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake staying and fishing in MN waters.  There are boat shuttle / passenger services available to the Angle.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.   The foliage is beautiful and the walleye fishing is good.  Jigging with a minnow on structure in 10 - 15' and 21 - 27' effective.  Gold, orange and glow colors great choices.  Water temps in the low 60's.  A nice mixed bag of walleyes, saugers, jumbo perch, pike and smallmouth.  Muskie anglers reporting nice fish as well. 
    • Muskyhunter73
      I forgot to add all our fish were on a lindy rig with a medium sized rainbow
    • Wishin4Walleyes
      Thanks for the posts all. I've been monitoring this forum for a bit and it had gotten quiet so made me worried the fall bite was off to a slow start.   Glad to hear jig and minnow bite is going as that's by far the most fun way to get em!
    • Rick
      Minnesota joins other states in sampling deer near known PFAS contamination sites Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      A weekly list of news briefs about fish, wildlife, and habitat management. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has confirmed reports of zebra mussels in Pleasant Lake, near Annandale in Wright County. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.