• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Muskysteve

Hi All,

I have just purchased a cabin in Frazer bay. We are in need of a recommended cabin inspector. Would anyone be able to provide a recommended contact?

SkunkedAgain

Out of curiosity, if you already bought the cabin what do you need inspected at this point?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wanderer

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe just know the rest of the story? 🤷‍♂️

Wakemup
5 hours ago, SkunkedAgain said:
23 hours ago, Muskysteve said:

Hi All,

I have just purchased a cabin in Frazer bay. We are in need of a recommended cabin inspector. Would anyone be able to provide a recommended contact?

Maybe he means the have an offer accepted that is contingent upon inspection, similar to a house sale?

PRO-V

Any realtor should have a contact for an inspector.

SkunkedAgain
Posted (edited)

True.

For the OP, I should have mentioned that I don't know any inspectors.

Most importantly, we should welcome Muskysteve to the forums. There is a lot of great info here about many topics. Search the forums or even just review the fishing reports because there is a ton of information going back years. Feel free to ask questions and join the online family.

Edited by SkunkedAgain
  • Thumbs Up 3

delcecchi
2 hours ago, SkunkedAgain said:

True.

For the OP, I should have mentioned that I don't know any inspectors.

Most importantly, we should welcome Muskysteve to the forums. There is a lot of great info here about many topics. Search the forums or even just review the fishing reports because there is a ton of information going back years. Feel free to ask questions and join the online family.

Now about where those walleye and crappies are....  

Muskysteve

I should have stated differently. Offer accepted, sale contingent on inspection. My realtor has provided a contact for inspector, so all set  now. Been fishing vermilion for a decade staying with a buddy on the lake. Have followed the forum for a while as well. Looking forward to exchanging info, I do have some good intel to share but looking forward to learning a lot!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Wanderer
Posted (edited)

Congrats on the cabin!  Thanks for clarifying and not just dismissing us as over-analytical buffoons. 😄

Hope the cabin is a gem and we see you around here going forward!

Edited by Wanderer

SkunkedAgain

Well I can certainly be a buffoon of all manners, but it's good that the rest of you didn't get lumped in with me.

Congrats on the cabin Muskysteve. 

SkunkedAgain
6 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Now about where those walleye and crappies are....  

If I knew that, I would have chosen a different screen name. However, I can tell you where the ticks and pine trees are...

• Yayyyy 1

delcecchi
9 hours ago, SkunkedAgain said:

If I knew that, I would have chosen a different screen name. However, I can tell you where the ticks and pine trees are...

I got that covered... Northerns too.  Wife wants a walleye dinner.  Claims she can tell it from nords or bass.   

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Heff
      By Heff
      Hello,

I have an older lcx 25 an will not power up, wondering where I can find an expert  to evaluate. 
      Out if work an just replaced batteries,  trying not to by a new one
      Thanks
    • side_laker
      By side_laker
      Looks like my Canada trip in August may not be able to happen due to uncertainty that boarder will open in time. Our group is tossing around the idea of going up
      to lake vermilion instead. I am wondering if anyone has advise on where to stay. I have done some looking around and most resorts rent by the week. Any info would be greatly appreciated 
    • SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      There is an article in the Timberjay asking people to complete a survey that would help bring broadband to the area. I don't know much about this so I'm not promoting anything except for awareness.
      http://www.timberjay.com/stories/survey-to-gauge-interest-in-broadband-in-lake-vermilion-area,16455

The link to the survey is below. Click on the red link that says "Iron Range Broadband Survey":
      https://broadband.ramsmn.org/
    • rockeze70
      By rockeze70
      I’m not even sure if I’m in the right page I just signed up but my question is I just purchased a boat from a private seller went to his home the boat fired up I purchased the boat, the day before I brought it out which was about a week and a half later it fired up brought it to the lake the next day it fired up boated around for about 25 minutes found a spot to fish It was off for about an hour or so went to start it back up and it would not fire back up had to be towed off the lake so the moral of the story is there anyway I can go back and get my money legally without no trouble or what is my next step if the seller does not want to give the money back?
    • Oregon Marauder
      By Oregon Marauder
      Greetings....I'm searching for an original TUFFY (molded metal, left side or set of 2) TRANSOM CORNER for a rebuild on a 1985 Tuffy Muskie. Several TUFFY boats had these so being specifically from a Marauder may not be necessary. Wondering if anyone can help in locating one from a dealer or private party who may have upgraded to more modern transom corners/caps....maybe a boat that's been abandoned or scraped. 
      Photo attached of the right-rear that I am trying to  set-match to. The right side I have. Need to get a left side cap.
      Thanks for any assistance. 

• TomWehler
      By TomWehler
      So yesterday I cover up as told. Went to bank at noon to get some ca$h an the counter chix had a fit. After finish my biz head for truck n small town Squat Team waiting for me by truck!!   
      Barney, Gomer, Floyd, Goober, Otis ~~~~ 
      "What up with that?"

• smurfy
      By smurfy
      i remember icehawk mentioning he had a few. anyone else.?????

how are they to deal with , i somehow broke my little sweetpea rod up north this past weekend!!!!!!!!😡😤🤧 i dont see my wife ever hitting the ice again so i may jest steal hers, but am thinking of replacing it. i'm not looking to have them replace it free, but a good deal on a new one would make me happy. the rods a bought from them where made by the dude in the wheelchair at the time!!!!!!!!

any heads up would be great.
    • Rick
      By Rick
      MN Wild - State of Fishing 

💚❤ Click the link below if you love hockey & fishing:
      https://offer.fevo.com/wild-vs-colorado-pitj4ve-e6890ab?ref=CSCATURRO
      March 23rd, 2020
      WILD vs AVALANCHE

• Getanet
      By Getanet
      Do any of you guys know if Surface Tension still swims around these parts? I think I need my Nils sharpened. I had sent him a message through the HSO forum a while ago and didn't hear back. I'm not sure if HSO and Fishing MN share the same messaging platform, or if I need to try him here instead. Did a quick search and it doesn't look like he's posted in a while, so I'm hoping someone knows his whereabouts.

• Paul Waldowski
      By Paul Waldowski
      Fishing Opener - Tired of sitting in traffic trying to escape the Cities? Looking for a shorter drive and less congestion?  We have you covered...  Enjoy your opener with us and have a hassle free weekend.

When you book 2 nights lodging in any cabin you will receive:
      Free launch access, boat dockage and dock electric
      Access to indoor pool and hot tub
      Friday
      6pm Welcome BBQ on Friday night- Brats, Hotdogs, Chips, Captain Ken’s Baked Beans, Pasta salad & Lemonade
      7:00 pm Fishing Lake Koronis Seminar by Capt. Josh Hagemeister of Minnesota Guide Service
      8:30pm Fishing LIES….I mean stories and smores around the campfire
      Saturday
      6am- 8am Continental breakfast in main lobby – Fruit-bread-pastries -cereal – Milk, juices-coffee
      3pm – 5pm Mom’s Break Time– Bugbee hive staff will have activities and movie time with the children.
      Sunday
      7am – 9am Mother’s day breakfast – Omelet station, Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, Sausage links, Bacon, fruit, assorted bread, pastries, Milk, Juice and coffee

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SoldierGirl
      So after returning to Minnesota after living pretty much everywhere else, I have finally returned to fishing.  Didn't realize how much I missed it until I started again.  I'm tired of fishing the river under the bridge like a troll so I'm looking for some good spots to shore fish around Ottertail.  My regular spot is too warm now and the fish have moved on.    I'm one of the odd balls who's not into muskies or walleyes.  Really prefer bluegill and bass.  I'm a bobber, nightcrawler and beer kinda girl.  Any advice on where to go?  How are the lakes in Maplewood State Park.
    • SoldierGirl
      So after returning to Minnesota after living pretty much everywhere else, I have finally returned to fishing.  Didn't realize how much I missed it until I started again.  I'm tired of fishing the river under the bridge like a troll so I'm looking for some good spots to shore fish around Ottertail.  My regular spot is too warm now and the fish have moved on.    I'm one of the odd balls who's not into muskies or walleyes.  Really prefer bluegill and bass.  I'm a bobber, nightcrawler and beer kinda girl.  Any advice on where to go?  How are the lakes in Maplewood State Park.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  The deep summer "Dog Days" patterns for walleyes are in full swing producing excellent fishing.  As a rule, the big walleyes are hanging out on the deep mud in 30 - 34' of water.  Two main techniques, drifting or trolling spinners with crawlers or leeches at about 1.0 - 1.25 MPH.  Hammered gold, hammered silver and glow white are good starting colors.  The second technique is trolling crankbaits through various schools of walleyes over the deep mud.  Switch colors often but some starters, pink uv firetiger, chrome / blue, firetiger, and gold.  Some walleyes are still being caught shallow based on forage opportunities.  Different schools taking advantage of current conditions in different areas.  Watch electronics and go fishing! On the Rainy River...   Walleyes scattered on flats and in deeper holes.  Trolling crankbaits and covering water effective.  Sturgeon living in deep holes throughout river.  Smallmouth bass and pike active around current breaks, rocky areas and weed edges.  Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake staying and fishing in MN waters.  There are shuttle services available and fishing for multi species has been excellent.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.   Good walleye fishing continues north of Garden Island, around Little Oak Island and areas north and east of Little Oak with deeper mud.  Spinners with a crawler or trolling crankbaits both producing good numbers of walleyes.  Pike and muskies in deep bays and rocky points.  Smallmouth bass in 4 - 14' in rocky areas reacting well to crankbaits.    
    • smurfy
      we still gotta date, maybe!!!!!!!!! i should be done by about 7 pm???????? heck i'd even go to the pickled loon fer a beer or 2!!!!!!!!!
    • WalterJohnson
      Looking for a walleye report. I heard osakis was one of the best lakes in the area, but it seems like most of the things I read are panfish related. Any advice for a middle of August first time on the lake? I’m not opposed to fishing panfish during the day, but would prefer to target walleyes low light... does anyone fish them suspended in the summer?
    • PRO-V
      The DNR should require ducks, beaver and other wildlife to wash in 130 degree water or dry off for two weeks before moving to another body of water. 🤔
    • tacklejunkie
      I was outside the Wisconsin entry.  They were dredging between the lighthouses so they dirtied up the water a little bit  but from where it went from that mud puddle color to that less stained is where they were all caught
    • StillFishin'
      Hey SkunkedAgain, very well put.  Just me and my wife and she doesn't get into eye fishing so we go fur sunnies.   All we need for a fish fry is 6 or 7 keepers, about 7 inchers.  We have a secret deeper hump where they hang out and are usually there so it's fast fishing with very few small perch.  Actually, this year we also had 5 northerns hit the gills while reeling them in but they always let go,  but still fun.   I also enjoy the never ending cabin projects and cutting and splitting wood.   
    • Wakemup
      Managed to pick up a few walleyes on the west end on Saturday night. Got up Sunday morning to find a bug hatch and that shut things off in the area I was targeting. 20-27 FOW, jig and leach is what was working for me.
    • delcecchi
      Saw on facebook that someone on Wakemup had their green fishing kayak blow away from their island place a couple days ago.    They couldn't find it, so if any of you have happened to come across it, check the vermilion cabin owners group or let me know.     

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.