• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

BWpineisland

I used to get 2 channels with my antenna (NBC & CBS) on Pine, but they both went out on Monday. Is anyone aware of something happenIng to one of the local towers?  Thanks for any info!  

SkunkedAgain

Sorry that I can't be of any help. When I bought my cabin 15+ years ago, I got one channel on the tv that was there and decided to get rid of it. Hopefully someone else on here uses a television at their cabin.

• Thumbs Up 1
BWpineisland

Thanks! I bought a new coaxial cable and will try it later this week when I head up. Doesn’t sound like it was anything with the signal from the towers. 

StillFishin'

I had problems also.  I’m in Wolf Bay.  Channel 11 was completely out and 13 was pixilated.  I think the strong winds moved my roof mounted antenna out of position.  I got up on the roof while my wife watched the signal strength meter while I turned the antenna.  Got the signal strength to go up on 13.  But not 11.  Then the next day 11 came in.

I can’t get internet at the lake but when I got home I checked www. Antennaweb.org.  It shows where your stations/towers are coming from for your address.  I should turn the antenna some more according to the graph.

Hope this helps

BWpineisland

Thanks, I’ll check it out when I get up. I appreciate the website. I had no idea where the towers were. I took my antenna out of the box A couple years ago and it worked leaning upon against the cabin!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      When I was up two weeks ago, the lake snow was getting thin and was barely thick enough in the woods for snowmobiles. Have we added much snow lately?

Any word on the trails?
    • jim curlee
      By jim curlee
      I have an old(purple) Otter Lodge.
      I'm thinkin about buying a new one with the insulated cover.
      Just wondering what your thoughts are on moisture condensation in the newer houses.
      Right now with the moderate temps, my old house is way wet on the inside.
      Thanks
      Jim
    • Pigmeat
      By Pigmeat
      I think I know the answer, but . . .
      After running for about 3 hours the output on my flasher battery dropped from 12.5v to 10.1v. Pretty much means it's dead, correct?
    • hitthebricks
      By hitthebricks
      I have a Marcum LX5 that's been hardly used.  I charged the battery then turned it on and let it run to check the battery life to see if I needed  a new one.  After a few hours it died.  Tried to charge it again but no luck, bought a new one, hooked it up, nothing, checked the connections, nothing.  Any ideas what's wrong?

HTB
    • Greywolf25
      By Greywolf25
      New to ice fishing. In a 16’ ice castle in a lake with 17 inches of ice. Ice is cracking so much it sometimes shakes my house. Anything to worried about? 
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      Anyone know if the public access parking lot is plowed?
    • 406_outdoormaniac
      By 406_outdoormaniac
      So I just received my fathers ice shack he built more than 20 years ago. He never got to take it out because of life so it’s been sitting there since rotting away. I’m doing some TLC on it and want to get some wiring done before the inside is done. I’ll have a propane wall heater, that’s easy to do for me. But I don’t know much on how to configure a 12V system. I just want to add a couple lights inside and 3 or 4 outlets, possibly lights outside as well. Nothing crazy but I want to be able to build off of it in the later future. Please give me some criticism or whatever you please. Just want to do it right and safely. Shack is 6’ X 10’. 
    • Lynette Norton
    • Austin12345
      By Austin12345
      Does anyone hear have any experience overnight fishing in your popup any tips or tricks or anything like that?
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      anyone know if there is a big difference between these two? I understand that lawn/garden are pretty much lawnmower/ summer   use, and power sport are for utv/atv/snowmobile/ winter use. 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      Well hello stranger 🤣 been hiding in in the bush again.🤔😊
    • papadarv
      Condensation in portables directly related to the amount of propane used. Each pound of propane burned produces about 1.6 # of water. (1 1/2 pint) Ice melt from heater also adds moisture. Better insulated, less heat & condensation. A floor also greatly reduces moisture. The colder the outside temp the greater visible condensation. At -17 Deg. frost visible in my 949i Eskimo Hub - Big Buddy running on Hi, 18,000 BTU. At 21,600 BTU per pound propane frost in 4 hours on walls and celing. New Otters have excellent insulation, better than my Eskimo.  
    • Wanderer
      This is missing the point so far I didn’t even want to start commenting on it.  So, that’s it, I’m done with that one.   Wardens should be following the mandate for whatever reason one wants to choose.  And we have the right to ask them to or not let them in.  Pretty simple.  And I’m not a mask Nazi either.  I hate em too but I wear them for others.
    • Wanderer
      Seems intentional, I would say.  They’d probably have too many and maybe too congested there?  Or just more of closed residential perk?   Nice to have some discussion on it even though the OP didn’t seem to care after all.
    • PRO-V
      Snowmobile trails not good. Haven't seen any grooming. Only good place to ride is in the woods. You can go anywhere on a wheeler in the woods and most anywhere on lakes. Look out for slush on lakes as we've had alot of that.
    • smurfy
      just talked to a friend of mine, north of deer river and said they havent, didnt get alot of snow with the last roiund. he said getting around on the lakes seemed pretty easy.   i  was up over the new years weekend and when i drove home the trails i did see along with the road ditches looked pretty beat up. thats the best i got!!!!!!!
    • SkunkedAgain
      When I was up two weeks ago, the lake snow was getting thin and was barely thick enough in the woods for snowmobiles. Have we added much snow lately?   Any word on the trails?
    • SkunkedAgain
      Wear one of those suits if you've got one.    I'd bet that if those virologists didn't have the suit, and had the choice between nothing or a mask, they would likely choose the mask all day long. It's better than nothing. I don't think that the *powerful* mask lobby is out there pushing doctors to encourage mask use just for financial gain! I certainly don't do it for the comfort or looks.
    • SkunkedAgain
      That looks warm. When are we all invited over?  
    • CJH
      I bought my new Thermal Otter Hub on clearance at REEDs last year.  I'd check there.  I am ordering from them more and more.   I get a touch of dampness when I heat it up, but it definitely doesn't drip like my old canvas Clam flip over did.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.