• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

While the grandkids were here we got pizza from the landing.    Good thing we got two for the four of us.  Their 12 inch pizzas were about 8 or maybe 9 inches.   And over baked on top of that.   Pushing 20 bucks each.    I hope the rest of the menu isn't as disappointing as those pizzas.  

I had a pizza when the new folks took over, and it was not good. However, most everything that I have had since then has been really good. I had the walleye tacos this weekend and the weekend before that had the italian beef sandwich. My general sense has been to stick with burgers and sandwiches. They did badly overcook my brother's walleye sandwich and fries the other weekend, but it was a busy night so I get that it happens. They seem to have good crowds every night, so maybe kitchen staffing is an issue.

Last Sunday (a week ago) around noon there were only two girls working at Moosebirds with a line 10 people deep stretching out the door towards the street. My simple guess is that it's a struggle to find enough workers but that could be a naive assumption on my part.

Yeah, wife took the grandkids to moosebirds for ice cream and was not impressed with the service or the covid precautions.

If I were Moosebirds, I would move the ice cream cart outside like the beer carts at a nightclub. 80% of their traffic has to be ice cream related so they could sell it outside. If they have to keep it inside they could have someone outside taking orders/collecting cash and another worker bringing it out so that you don't have to crowd everyone inside. Heck, they could have a dockside ice cream cart filled with icecream sandwiches for grab and go!

On 7/13/2020 at 11:51 AM, SkunkedAgain said:

I had a pizza when the new folks took over, and it was not good. However, most everything that I have had since then has been really good. I had the walleye tacos this weekend and the weekend before that had the italian beef sandwich. My general sense has been to stick with burgers and sandwiches. They did badly overcook my brother's walleye sandwich and fries the other weekend, but it was a busy night so I get that it happens. They seem to have good crowds every night, so maybe kitchen staffing is an issue.

Last Sunday (a week ago) around noon there were only two girls working at Moosebirds with a line 10 people deep stretching out the door towards the street. My simple guess is that it's a struggle to find enough workers but that could be a naive assumption on my part.

Kitchen staff is a big issue. The cook got fired recently but overall it’s owned/managed by not the brightest people. Same owners at moosebirds. I think they’re in over their heads. They had good pizza imo until they switched to the stupid wood fire pizza oven and created their own crappy crust recipe. They’ve been changing menus weekly and jacking prices-I’m sure some of that is reflecting the increased cost of groceries but not impressed at all lately. I know someone who works there and the help isn’t very happy either. Wolf bay is where it’s at lol. 

Long drive to wolf bay...  Got non-pizza takeout from crescent and was very satisfied.

7 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Long drive to wolf bay...  Got non-pizza takeout from crescent and was very satisfied.

12 minutes by boat

Your boat must be a lot faster than mine....  I only have a measly 140.?

Looks like about 12 miles by water.   I cruise at like 30-35 mph.   

So, is the food worth the trip?   How is their covid prevention?   Being concerned due to age and other stuff.

Edited by delcecchi
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:27 PM, delcecchi said:

Your boat must be a lot faster than mine....  I only have a measly 140.?

Looks like about 12 miles by water.   I cruise at like 30-35 mph.   

So, is the food worth the trip?   How is their covid prevention?   Being concerned due to age and other stuff.

food and drink is very good. Not a mask in sight tonight when we were there

On 7/16/2020 at 1:27 PM, delcecchi said: