• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Borch

Hope everyone has a fun and 4th July!  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

smurfy
On 7/4/2020 at 2:13 PM, Borch said:

Hope everyone has a fun and 4th July!  

Back at ya!!!👍 pretty warm on for sure.

Wanderer

Hope y’all have had a great 5th too!

• Yayyyy 1

chaffmj
On 7/5/2020 at 8:18 PM, Wanderer said:

Hope y’all have had a great 5th too!

A 5th of what? What do you like to drink Wanderer? 😉

• Yayyyy 1

Wanderer
8 hours ago, chaffmj said:

A 5th of what? What do you like to drink Wanderer? 😉

Whatya got?  If it’s for free it’s for me. 😁

• Yayyyy 3
  • l Love It 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      Hi all have a day of Thursday with the wife would really like to get some cats on the chain are they spawning now shallow? try around the bridges?, Was there on Saturday after the rain got 1 kitty cat that was it. any guidance would be great.
    • teeeeelr
      By teeeeelr
      do you guys have any reccomendations for rigs and baits to use for catfish at lake st. croix? ones that work well during the summer. 
      thanks! 
    • BWpineisland
      By BWpineisland
      I used to get 2 channels with my antenna (NBC & CBS) on Pine, but they both went out on Monday. Is anyone aware of something happenIng to one of the local towers?  Thanks for any info!  
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Since my leukemia diagnostic my son has been a champion helping out. I asked him was there anything I could do for him. He said an underwater camera would be nice. I ordered parts, improved camera resolution, faster camera movement (20 RPM to 30 RPM motors), USB phone charge port, aluminum verses plastic case. Only took 2 weeks to build. His only comment was awesome, bring on some ice, when I gave it to him.

White pulleys, mounting frame fabricated out of Walmart cutting boards, green drive belts are 6mm round polyurethane belt. 2 remote camera controllers.

Short video

• delcecchi
      By delcecchi
      While the grandkids were here we got pizza from the landing.    Good thing we got two for the four of us.  Their 12 inch pizzas were about 8 or maybe 9 inches.   And over baked on top of that.   Pushing 20 bucks each.    I hope the rest of the menu isn't as disappointing as those pizzas.  
    • james_walleye
      By james_walleye
      What you guys think? Someone sunk a boat? 

• Kettle
      By Kettle
      Happy Independence Day to my fellow FM friends! 🇺🇲 🦅
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I can’t find varmint loads any where, Any help? 
    • Kettle
      By Kettle
      Selling my Vexilar FL-12, new ice ducer two years ago and new battery two years ago. Has battery indicator as well as quick connect charger although I've charged with gator clips. $225.00. Works as it should, finally finished school so upgrading. PM me if intrested

• Bmiller1981
      By Bmiller1981
      Hey everyone,
      Normally I don’t ask for help but I’ve been skunked last three summers on Side lake / Sturgeon Lake Chain for walleye.  I’ve spent most time on Big Sturgeon and Side for eyes but have come up short. I’m heading up for a long weekend and hoping to change my luck with some advice.  I’d appreciate anything as it’s been a grind... thanks !!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SoldierGirl
      So after returning to Minnesota after living pretty much everywhere else, I have finally returned to fishing.  Didn't realize how much I missed it until I started again.  I'm tired of fishing the river under the bridge like a troll so I'm looking for some good spots to shore fish around Ottertail.  My regular spot is too warm now and the fish have moved on.    I'm one of the odd balls who's not into muskies or walleyes.  Really prefer bluegill and bass.  I'm a bobber, nightcrawler and beer kinda girl.  Any advice on where to go?  How are the lakes in Maplewood State Park.
    • SoldierGirl
      So after returning to Minnesota after living pretty much everywhere else, I have finally returned to fishing.  Didn't realize how much I missed it until I started again.  I'm tired of fishing the river under the bridge like a troll so I'm looking for some good spots to shore fish around Ottertail.  My regular spot is too warm now and the fish have moved on.    I'm one of the odd balls who's not into muskies or walleyes.  Really prefer bluegill and bass.  I'm a bobber, nightcrawler and beer kinda girl.  Any advice on where to go?  How are the lakes in Maplewood State Park.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  The deep summer "Dog Days" patterns for walleyes are in full swing producing excellent fishing.  As a rule, the big walleyes are hanging out on the deep mud in 30 - 34' of water.  Two main techniques, drifting or trolling spinners with crawlers or leeches at about 1.0 - 1.25 MPH.  Hammered gold, hammered silver and glow white are good starting colors.  The second technique is trolling crankbaits through various schools of walleyes over the deep mud.  Switch colors often but some starters, pink uv firetiger, chrome / blue, firetiger, and gold.  Some walleyes are still being caught shallow based on forage opportunities.  Different schools taking advantage of current conditions in different areas.  Watch electronics and go fishing! On the Rainy River...   Walleyes scattered on flats and in deeper holes.  Trolling crankbaits and covering water effective.  Sturgeon living in deep holes throughout river.  Smallmouth bass and pike active around current breaks, rocky areas and weed edges.  Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake staying and fishing in MN waters.  There are shuttle services available and fishing for multi species has been excellent.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.   Good walleye fishing continues north of Garden Island, around Little Oak Island and areas north and east of Little Oak with deeper mud.  Spinners with a crawler or trolling crankbaits both producing good numbers of walleyes.  Pike and muskies in deep bays and rocky points.  Smallmouth bass in 4 - 14' in rocky areas reacting well to crankbaits.    
    • smurfy
      we still gotta date, maybe!!!!!!!!! i should be done by about 7 pm???????? heck i'd even go to the pickled loon fer a beer or 2!!!!!!!!!
    • WalterJohnson
      Looking for a walleye report. I heard osakis was one of the best lakes in the area, but it seems like most of the things I read are panfish related. Any advice for a middle of August first time on the lake? I’m not opposed to fishing panfish during the day, but would prefer to target walleyes low light... does anyone fish them suspended in the summer?
    • PRO-V
      The DNR should require ducks, beaver and other wildlife to wash in 130 degree water or dry off for two weeks before moving to another body of water. 🤔
    • tacklejunkie
      I was outside the Wisconsin entry.  They were dredging between the lighthouses so they dirtied up the water a little bit  but from where it went from that mud puddle color to that less stained is where they were all caught
    • StillFishin'
      Hey SkunkedAgain, very well put.  Just me and my wife and she doesn't get into eye fishing so we go fur sunnies.   All we need for a fish fry is 6 or 7 keepers, about 7 inchers.  We have a secret deeper hump where they hang out and are usually there so it's fast fishing with very few small perch.  Actually, this year we also had 5 northerns hit the gills while reeling them in but they always let go,  but still fun.   I also enjoy the never ending cabin projects and cutting and splitting wood.   
    • Wakemup
      Managed to pick up a few walleyes on the west end on Saturday night. Got up Sunday morning to find a bug hatch and that shut things off in the area I was targeting. 20-27 FOW, jig and leach is what was working for me.
    • delcecchi
      Saw on facebook that someone on Wakemup had their green fishing kayak blow away from their island place a couple days ago.    They couldn't find it, so if any of you have happened to come across it, check the vermilion cabin owners group or let me know.     

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.