• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

james_walleye

What you guys think? Someone sunk a boat? 

20200704_101252.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1
  • I Like it 1

delcecchi

Sure looks like a boat..

FishinCT

There’s a video on youtube of someone finding a sunken boat with side imaging. That’s what it looked like

Wanderer

Looks like a pencil. 😉

• Yayyyy 1

jkrash

is that out front of Mckinley park?

james_walleye

Just off the west side of comet 

Laker218

How close to comet island was it?  If I remember the story correctly comet island was named after one of Aronsons early motor boats named “comet” hit the island and sank.  I think the story was in one of the lake vermilion history books the timberjay published about 15 years ago.

james_walleye

It was in about 12 feet of water I estimated. 100 feet or so I'd say off shore. I kick myself....I wanted to get the pic so bad I didn't hit a waypoint. But it would be easy to find again. 

jkrash

Here's an image of the one by McKinley

FullSizeR.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

jkrash

I found another one at the entrance of Black duck bay but can't find the image of that one, someone told me there's one off the south side of Hinsdale Is. but haven't been able to locate that one.

james_walleye

Great find! 

delcecchi
2 hours ago, jkrash said:

Here's an image of the one by McKinley

FullSizeR.jpg

If you found it again, with the warm water it would be easy to check out with a mask and flippers.  relatively shallow, close to shore.   

SkunkedAgain

Now is there a locomotive somewhere in the lake to find?

Mike89

that's one of the other lakes!!  LOL!!!!!

Hookmaster

Rowboat on side imaging in northern MN lake.

IMG_7582.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Herman Hauglid
      By Herman Hauglid
      Hey;
      Just reaching out to others who have or may have a greater knowledge of where to locate a good source for trapping crayfish in the Twin Cities Metro Area.  I have been working the rivers and have found some good locations, but the population of people in those areas have created challenges.  Mainly, not leaving things alone that don't belong to you.  I had found a good resource for the invasive Rusty Crayfish and was doing well trapping those, but as the weather got nicer and more people were looking for places to fish along shore lines, my traps were being disturbed, and worse yet, some stolen or the contents robbed.  I thought I was doing good getting the Rusty out of the water since it is an invasive species and quite delicious, but the travel distance and human disturbance is dictating that I look for other waters.  Any help in locating new sources would be appreciated.  BTW, I have no watercraft so I am also forced to shore access only.  Thanks for any help.

• moderation
      By moderation
      What is the best time of year for brookies. I've tried spring but waters too cold, summer, bugs bad but fishing good. Never tried fall but I am think that might be the ticket. Usually use worms but sometimes spinner. Is there a special trick to keep the chubs away? Lots of them in my creek.
    • Salsballs93
      By Salsballs93
      Looking to bring my fly fishing into the metro. Anyone willing to share where they've gone, if at all?
    • SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      I'm looking at rebuilding my outhouse and possibly giving the ladies an alternative to the fly-filled pit privy. As far as I'm concerned as a guy, dropping a deuce in the hole once a weekend is no big deal. For ladies it's a different story since they go several times a day. I'm not excited at the prices of composting toilets but am doing the research. Mostly I'm trying to figure out from all of you if any of them work well in our part of the world. I see the Sun-Mar, Nature's Head, Incinolet, Envirolet, and Biolet toilets available. Does anyone have any experience with any of these?
    • ozzie
      By ozzie
      Anyone use the access at Trout Lake on the Whitefish Chain?  If so have you had issues with turning around in the parking lot due to the inspector parking in the no parking zone that is marked off with yellow lines?  I get into arguments every time I am at that access because the inspector feels they have the right to park in an area that is not to be parked in.  It is becoming annoyingly fun for me to get on them and educate them on where to not park!  This has to be one of the worst accesses in the state when it comes to traffic, space, and inspectors.  Many times they have an inspector there that will give you a 15 minute lecture on invasives even though you have heard his speech before!!!  Power trip and then some!!!!  I respect most inspectors I come into contact with, but WOW are some just go a little overboard on their inspection.  I have to laugh my ass off when the inspector runs us over about water in our livewell (talking about drops of water around the drain ring) saying we could get fined $800 if we leave the access like that, yet what do the inspectors say to the wake boat that pumped in 1000 gallons of water into it and most certainly cannot dispel all the water and an inspector cannot see!!  Not sure what it is about this particular access but I have had the worst experiences there and do not have similar experiences elsewhere, so I just had to ask if other see this too.
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      Hi all have a day of Thursday with the wife would really like to get some cats on the chain are they spawning now shallow? try around the bridges?, Was there on Saturday after the rain got 1 kitty cat that was it. any guidance would be great.
    • teeeeelr
      By teeeeelr
      do you guys have any reccomendations for rigs and baits to use for catfish at lake st. croix? ones that work well during the summer. 
      thanks! 
    • BWpineisland
      By BWpineisland
      I used to get 2 channels with my antenna (NBC & CBS) on Pine, but they both went out on Monday. Is anyone aware of something happenIng to one of the local towers?  Thanks for any info!  
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Since my leukemia diagnostic my son has been a champion helping out. I asked him was there anything I could do for him. He said an underwater camera would be nice. I ordered parts, improved camera resolution, faster camera movement (20 RPM to 30 RPM motors), USB phone charge port, aluminum verses plastic case. Only took 2 weeks to build. His only comment was awesome, bring on some ice, when I gave it to him.

White pulleys, mounting frame fabricated out of Walmart cutting boards, green drive belts are 6mm round polyurethane belt. 2 remote camera controllers.

Short video

• delcecchi
      By delcecchi
      While the grandkids were here we got pizza from the landing.    Good thing we got two for the four of us.  Their 12 inch pizzas were about 8 or maybe 9 inches.   And over baked on top of that.   Pushing 20 bucks each.    I hope the rest of the menu isn't as disappointing as those pizzas.  
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Sorgy
      Wakemup - I sent you a private message.
    • Wakemup52
      Question for the group, next weekend I will have two young ones in the boat and am looking for some August panfish/crappies.   We can always catch some little ones off our dock, but wondering if anyone here has picked up on a pattern they’d be willing to share to keep the kids interested! My goal is to turn them both into lifelong anglers
    • Wanderer
      That’s the round a friend of mine uses.
    • Herman Hauglid
      Hey; Just reaching out to others who have or may have a greater knowledge of where to locate a good source for trapping crayfish in the Twin Cities Metro Area.  I have been working the rivers and have found some good locations, but the population of people in those areas have created challenges.  Mainly, not leaving things alone that don't belong to you.  I had found a good resource for the invasive Rusty Crayfish and was doing well trapping those, but as the weather got nicer and more people were looking for places to fish along shore lines, my traps were being disturbed, and worse yet, some stolen or the contents robbed.  I thought I was doing good getting the Rusty out of the water since it is an invasive species and quite delicious, but the travel distance and human disturbance is dictating that I look for other waters.  Any help in locating new sources would be appreciated.  BTW, I have no watercraft so I am also forced to shore access only.  Thanks for any help.
    • PRO-V
      I would buy Federal Fusion 158 grain.
    • JBMasterAngler
      Fall is always best. October is best for stocked lakes up north. And no, nothing keeps the chubs away. You can upsize lures, and they’ll still go after it. Ditch the worms, they’re more hassle than worth while. Tiny rapalas (dark natural colors) work best.
    • JBMasterAngler
      Apparently vermilion has a very healthy population of whitefish? How come they never show up in the DNR surveys?
    • jeff_s
      Jim Curlee  Absolutely everything you said about the SunMar is true for the Biolet. Experienced it all.  
    • Joe
      Much of MN has been seeing strong storms every couple days over the last week but that hasn’t slowed out Leech Lake Walleye Guides from getting on the fish. Not a ton has changed since last week fishing Leech Lake out of Walker MN. However, we did notice a pattern change in the bait of choice. Both Lindy rigging and pulling cranks have changed a bit.   Much like last Week we are still focusing on Lindy rig fishing. The water temp has dropped back into the lower 70s which has the fish looking for leeches again and less likely to hit crawlers.   The humps of Walker bay have been producing numbers of Walleye but not the best for size. Most of our fish have been coming in the 10-17 feet of water.   One tip we did pick up on is using a pink hook for your leech rig. This set up has been out fishing others 3-1. Try to keep your boat in the .5-.7 mph range. This can be tough on the windy days but the new Ulterra has pulled its weight on the guide boat.   Our Walker MN Walleye guides are still pulling cranks with success.    #5 Rapalas in perch and Bleeding Copper flash have been good for us as of late. As you can see from the picture the perch are ripe for eating and the walleyes are chasing them. Target the 9-12 feet of water range and just about 2 mph has been a sweet spot for us. Like always the lake and the bite is the best when you have cloud cover or a breeze. This time of year the fish spook easily when the viability is good similar to calm and sunny days.   We do have a few openings left for August and September so give us a call to book your next trip or to stay up to date with our latest reports   Visit LeechLakeGuideService.com
    • Joe
      Much of MN has been seeing strong storms every couple days over the last week but that hasn’t slowed out Leech Lake Walleye Guides from getting on the fish. Not a ton has changed since last week fishing Leech Lake out of Walker MN. However, we did notice a pattern change in the bait of choice. Both Lindy rigging and pulling cranks have changed a bit.   Much like last Week we are still focusing on Lindy rig fishing. The water temp has dropped back into the lower 70s which has the fish looking for leeches again and less likely to hit crawlers.   The humps of Walker bay have been producing numbers of Walleye but not the best for size. Most of our fish have been coming in the 10-17 feet of water.   One tip we did pick up on is using a pink hook for your leech rig. This set up has been out fishing others 3-1. Try to keep your boat in the .5-.7 mph range. This can be tough on the windy days but the new Ulterra has pulled its weight on the guide boat.   Our Walker MN Walleye guides are still pulling cranks with success.    #5 Rapalas in perch and Bleeding Copper flash have been good for us as of late. As you can see from the picture the perch are ripe for eating and the walleyes are chasing them. Target the 9-12 feet of water range and just about 2 mph has been a sweet spot for us. Like always the lake and the bite is the best when you have cloud cover or a breeze. This time of year the fish spook easily when the viability is good similar to calm and sunny days.   We do have a few openings left for August and September so give us a call to book your next trip or to stay up to date with our latest reports   Visit LeechLakeGuideService.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.