• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

side_laker

Looks like my Canada trip in August may not be able to happen due to uncertainty that boarder will open in time. Our group is tossing around the idea of going up

to lake vermilion instead. I am wondering if anyone has advise on where to stay. I have done some looking around and most resorts rent by the week. Any info would be greatly appreciated 

delcecchi
4 hours ago, side_laker said:

Looks like my Canada trip in August may not be able to happen due to uncertainty that boarder will open in time. Our group is tossing around the idea of going up

to lake vermilion instead. I am wondering if anyone has advise on where to stay. I have done some looking around and most resorts rent by the week. Any info would be greatly appreciated 

West end is beautiful and is getting better from what I hear, but if you are a walleye guy east is still the place.   Muskies, bass, pannies, nords, west is fine.   

BirchPtMike

Almost all resorts are very booked for this reason. Better make a move if you want anything here, Houseboats might be an available option

Kettle

Check out rentals through the Airbnb app, lots of options 

jkrash

Just be sure that the private rental has a permit from the county, it would suck if you got kicked out because the owner didn't follow the new county rules.

CLOTAGAMES

Life of Riley resort. On west end. Great place.Been going there for 52 years. 218-666-5453

delcecchi
5 hours ago, CLOTAGAMES said:

Life of Riley resort. On west end. Great place.Been going there for 52 years. 218-666-5453

52 years?  Holy carp.  I thought my string starting in 1974 was a long time.   

bassbouncer

Joe Amundson at spring bay has a few openings left 2187806100

• Thumbs Up 1
SkunkedAgain

At 46 years you are not far behind Del!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Muskysteve
      By Muskysteve
      Hi All,

I have just purchased a cabin in Frazer bay. We are in need of a recommended cabin inspector. Would anyone be able to provide a recommended contact?
    • Heff
      By Heff
      Hello,

I have an older lcx 25 an will not power up, wondering where I can find an expert  to evaluate. 
      Out if work an just replaced batteries,  trying not to by a new one
      Thanks
    • SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      There is an article in the Timberjay asking people to complete a survey that would help bring broadband to the area. I don't know much about this so I'm not promoting anything except for awareness.
      http://www.timberjay.com/stories/survey-to-gauge-interest-in-broadband-in-lake-vermilion-area,16455

The link to the survey is below. Click on the red link that says "Iron Range Broadband Survey":
      https://broadband.ramsmn.org/
    • rockeze70
      By rockeze70
      I’m not even sure if I’m in the right page I just signed up but my question is I just purchased a boat from a private seller went to his home the boat fired up I purchased the boat, the day before I brought it out which was about a week and a half later it fired up brought it to the lake the next day it fired up boated around for about 25 minutes found a spot to fish It was off for about an hour or so went to start it back up and it would not fire back up had to be towed off the lake so the moral of the story is there anyway I can go back and get my money legally without no trouble or what is my next step if the seller does not want to give the money back?
    • Oregon Marauder
      By Oregon Marauder
      Greetings....I'm searching for an original TUFFY (molded metal, left side or set of 2) TRANSOM CORNER for a rebuild on a 1985 Tuffy Muskie. Several TUFFY boats had these so being specifically from a Marauder may not be necessary. Wondering if anyone can help in locating one from a dealer or private party who may have upgraded to more modern transom corners/caps....maybe a boat that's been abandoned or scraped. 
      Photo attached of the right-rear that I am trying to  set-match to. The right side I have. Need to get a left side cap.
      Thanks for any assistance. 

• TomWehler
      By TomWehler
      So yesterday I cover up as told. Went to bank at noon to get some ca$h an the counter chix had a fit. After finish my biz head for truck n small town Squat Team waiting for me by truck!!   
      Barney, Gomer, Floyd, Goober, Otis ~~~~ 
      "What up with that?"

• smurfy
      By smurfy
      i remember icehawk mentioning he had a few. anyone else.?????

how are they to deal with , i somehow broke my little sweetpea rod up north this past weekend!!!!!!!!😡😤🤧 i dont see my wife ever hitting the ice again so i may jest steal hers, but am thinking of replacing it. i'm not looking to have them replace it free, but a good deal on a new one would make me happy. the rods a bought from them where made by the dude in the wheelchair at the time!!!!!!!!

any heads up would be great.
    • Rick
      By Rick
      MN Wild - State of Fishing 

💚❤ Click the link below if you love hockey & fishing:
      https://offer.fevo.com/wild-vs-colorado-pitj4ve-e6890ab?ref=CSCATURRO
      March 23rd, 2020
      WILD vs AVALANCHE

• Getanet
      By Getanet
      Do any of you guys know if Surface Tension still swims around these parts? I think I need my Nils sharpened. I had sent him a message through the HSO forum a while ago and didn't hear back. I'm not sure if HSO and Fishing MN share the same messaging platform, or if I need to try him here instead. Did a quick search and it doesn't look like he's posted in a while, so I'm hoping someone knows his whereabouts.

• Paul Waldowski
      By Paul Waldowski
      Fishing Opener - Tired of sitting in traffic trying to escape the Cities? Looking for a shorter drive and less congestion?  We have you covered...  Enjoy your opener with us and have a hassle free weekend.

When you book 2 nights lodging in any cabin you will receive:
      Free launch access, boat dockage and dock electric
      Access to indoor pool and hot tub
      Friday
      6pm Welcome BBQ on Friday night- Brats, Hotdogs, Chips, Captain Ken’s Baked Beans, Pasta salad & Lemonade
      7:00 pm Fishing Lake Koronis Seminar by Capt. Josh Hagemeister of Minnesota Guide Service
      8:30pm Fishing LIES….I mean stories and smores around the campfire
      Saturday
      6am- 8am Continental breakfast in main lobby – Fruit-bread-pastries -cereal – Milk, juices-coffee
      3pm – 5pm Mom’s Break Time– Bugbee hive staff will have activities and movie time with the children.
      Sunday
      7am – 9am Mother’s day breakfast – Omelet station, Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, Sausage links, Bacon, fruit, assorted bread, pastries, Milk, Juice and coffee

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SkunkedAgain
      That's good to hear now, it's this week of pretty much below-freezing weather that has me concerned for the shallow bay! Thanks for the reports everyone.   I saw an article about a dumb BWCA camper from Indiana who nearly froze. The rescuers had to bust ice to reach him during the rescue. This forecast looks bad if we get skim ice before 7 inches of snow on Thursday!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  It's fall in Minnesota.  Dress warm and catch walleyes!  That is the theme with good fall fishing this past week.  The colder weather has walleyes snapping.  Most anglers anchored up and jigging with an emerald shiner.  Walleyes are relating to bait in anywhere from 15' - 23' of water.  Structure, areas of the lake adjacent rivers / streams and areas in front of bays holding good numbers of fish.  Pike continue to be active in bays and along shorelines.  Trolling crankbaits continues to catch anglers a mixed bag. On the Rainy River...   Some commenting this is one of the best runs of emerald shiners up the river in years.  The river is still low, current slow.  More and more walleyes are coming into the river each day.  Best depths anywhere from 7-24'.  Most anglers are jigging with live or frozen shiners.  Pink, glow and gold combo effective.  The fish are moving often, try different current seams, flats or holes until you find them.   When you find them, action can be fast.  Don't be afraid to pull crankbaits over flats where fish are spread out and you can cover water.  Four Mile Bay holding walleyes in 10-15'.  Sturgeon anglers focusing on deeper holes with current.  Nice smallmouth bass being caught by walleye anglers. Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake staying and fishing in MN waters.  There are boat shuttle / passenger services available to the Angle.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.   A nice walleye bite this week up at the Angle.  Jig and a minnow on points and areas with current all good places to start in 13'-26'.  Gold, pink, and glow colors great choices.  Some big pike caught by walleye anglers jigging.  Pike and muskies in bays and off of rock points. 
    • CigarGuy
      Your neighbor Chad pulled his boat out Sunday. Down my way as of yesterday, things are wide open
    • JBMasterAngler
      What’s the status of small lakes in the arrowhead? I’m going to Grand Marais this weekend, and the forecast looks pretty miserable 😩 I have a feeling I’m going to be busting through ice to launch my boat. But is it at all possible that some of these little designated trout lakes could be locked up completely? 
    • Darrell Larson
      I live on the north side of Pike Bay was helping our lady friend down the road pull her dock out last night. To my surprise there were ice chunks floating in the dock area. You may be all right for next weekend for open water, but if this current trend keeps up, it won't be long after that. Tourists are gone, seasonal cabin owners are thinning, cabin lights across the bay at night are far and few. I will now begin my annual hibernation, seems like it's been going on forever with the covid virus and all. You all stay safe.  
    • DTro
      It's truly amazing how social media has transformed our lives.   Seems like not too long ago there was no such thing as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or TikTok.    Where did you go for fishing information, research, brotherhood and fellowship?   You spent a lot of time at bait shops, reading magazines and newspapers, or you dialed up into a fishing discussion bulletin board on the world wide web.   I'm a geek who preferred the electronic version so I spent A LOT of time online reading everything I could on web forums and discussion boards.  I came to find a primary home here with Fishing Minnesota in roughly 2000.   I dove in and met a lot of great fishing and personal friends.  I was provided the opportunity to get involved with the marketing side of fishing and learned quite a bit about the business of fishing.   I've been saddened to see how participation in forums such as this and others I follow, have crashed with the growing popularity of other platforms.   What brings me here though today is to stop by and say hi to all my old fishing friends.  About 4 years ago I started a Catfish/Sturgeon guide service.  It has been growing steadily each year and one of the reoccurring themes I seem to experience is how many of my guests refer to Fishing Minnesota Dot Com and how they came to recognize me and my activity there from years ago.      For several years this site reigned supreme when it came to current fishing news and information and a place where everyone was here to help and became a brotherhood for many.  While there was always some political stuff tossed in, for the most part it was a place to forget about the world and focus on our favorite past time.    Oh how times have changed.....      I hope everyone is doing well and pushing through all the background noise in todays world.  What we are currently experiencing does not bode well for our mental health and I hope things change soon before we find ourselves in another 1863 Gettysburg.   I'll share a great experience I had the other night with a Mother/Daughter captured by Ben Garving (Award winning KARE11 photojournalist).   He really did a great job in capturing what happens when you forget about outside things for a while and spend time with family and just sit back and enjoy our great outdoors.   No matter your political views or your thoughts on our natural resources and how they are managed, this is something we can all come together and embrace.    Take care!   KARE11 Sturgeon Story Click Here
    • gimruis
      I have encountered this problem for years now.  I see all kinds of ducks on the city lakes I fish and then when duck season rolls around, they're STILL on the city lakes and there's virtually none to be found on the ponds I can hunt.
    • Rick
      Nearly half a million firearms deer hunters are preparing for the firearms deer season that opens Saturday, Nov. 7, and offers opportunity to spend time outdoors with friends and family, find adventure outdoors and put venison in the freezer. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      Mountain bike trails expanding at Cuyuna Country SRA Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      A weekly list of news briefs about fish, wildlife, and habitat management. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.