• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Humminbird Helix 7 Issue

IT Guy

Question

To the other Helix users.  I have a Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2 that I am having down imaging issues with.  I am sure it is a user error.  I have a lot of clutter on the screen.  Basically a horizontal line of clutter at every foot and the detail level is terrible.  I understand it is not a Mega unit but this lack of detail and clutter is not helpful at all.  I am on the newest software (2.000) and was having the same problem before updating the software.  I can switch to a regular sonar view and see fish and switch back to DI and do not see anything.  The only way to get that horizontal clutter to disappear is to take the sensitivity down to 1 or 2 and then I can't see anything anyway.  It is not networked, nothing else in use and transducer is off the back of the boat.

Do I need to make some other adjustment or selections besides sensitivity, contrast, etc.?  I have tried just about everything but am not having a great deal of luck and have gone back to default setting.  Pics attached from last weekend from a very clear lake with about 6 feet of clear visibility.

Thank you for the help!

HB 1.jpg

HB 2.jpg

6 answers to this question

Lots of good tutorals  on YouTube ,,, Or call Humminbird tech support 

LoonASea - Thanks, I have been looking at the tutorials but I can't figure this out.  I also spent 1.5 hours on hold yesterday with HB without ever getting through.

I did speak with HB tech support awhile ago and their advice was to go back to default setting which it did.

Edited by IT Guy

can you provide some screen shots or more info of your menu options and how you have everything set up at the time you took that pic?

Sorry - Not close to it right now.  Everything is factory default at this point except some color selection, depth highlights, low battery alarm and SI distance to 70 ft.  I was wondering if I should change the transducer setting or kHz setting but that does not seem right.

Edited by IT Guy

It seems like something isn't right with the transducer from the picture. Does side image work correctly? If you were to wiggle the transducer cable in on the back of the unit, does it affect the down image output on the screen? 

I finally got through to HB support and they are sending a new transducer.  We will see what happens.

• Thumbs Up 1