• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Hookmaster

Is this bow roller set too low?

Question

Hookmaster

The other boats I've owned had the bow roller positioned so the roller hits the keel when the boat is snubbed up, not the bow eye.

bow 2.JPG

bow 3.JPG

bow 5.JPG

bow 6.JPG

6 answers to this question

Cheers

seems to me it needs adjustments,

• Thumbs Up 3

Cheers

I looked at my rig yesterday . It is a matched boat/trailer package from Lund . My roller is above the eye but snug onto the bow , probably an inch maybe more, higher than yours.

gunner55

Every rig we've owned the roller is above the eye & snug to the boat when it's loaded.

• Thumbs Up 1

walros

Maybe see if you slide the winch back on the tongue an inch or two. The roller needs to contact the boat to keep it from bouncing. Should check to make sure the rear bunk rollers line up with the rear transom for stability.

Wanderer

Looks too low to me too.

gimruis

This is how my boat is.  The bow eye fits snuck right up the roller with the latch below.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Borch
      By Borch
      Hope everyone has a fun and 4th July!  
    • james_walleye
      By james_walleye
      What you guys think? Someone sunk a boat? 

• Kettle
      By Kettle
      Happy Independence Day to my fellow FM friends! 🇺🇲 🦅
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I can’t find varmint loads any where, Any help? 
    • Kettle
      By Kettle
      Selling my Vexilar FL-12, new ice ducer two years ago and new battery two years ago. Has battery indicator as well as quick connect charger although I've charged with gator clips. $225.00. Works as it should, finally finished school so upgrading. PM me if intrested

• inshal
      By inshal
      Buy the best fishing reels for the big brands like penn daiwa okuma and kastking under 30$
      10 top fishing Reels under 30$
    • Bmiller1981
      By Bmiller1981
      Hey everyone,
      Normally I don’t ask for help but I’ve been skunked last three summers on Side lake / Sturgeon Lake Chain for walleye.  I’ve spent most time on Big Sturgeon and Side for eyes but have come up short. I’m heading up for a long weekend and hoping to change my luck with some advice.  I’d appreciate anything as it’s been a grind... thanks !!
    • Julie Thymian
      By Julie Thymian
      Shore fishing 
    • Dadman2017
      By Dadman2017
      Headed up to Duluth area tomorrow, want to wet a line. No boat. Anyone wanna share a bite?  Will traverse any country for some filets!!!
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      I have only fished for catfish on the chain I would like to try for bass. I would assume to use bright colors spinner baits, cranks, I wouldn't think it would do well for wacky worms etc. try the weed edges first? I don't want your spots just some ideas of how to get them Thanks.
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      I don’t know many who reload 
    • DavidA
      I’ll be on Birch Lake - Ely - in late July. Anyone familiar with good spots? 
    • Poutwhacker
      We bring a weather and an FM radio. Cell phone coverage is sporadic, but you can find a signal almost anywhere (but usually it originates from Canada). Bad weather can come in a hurry, so it is nice to be able to know what is coming in advance.
    • Grainbelt
      Do you know anyone who reloads? Ammo has been bought up with the civil unrest currently going on.
    • BirchPtMike
      I would agree with James about tough bite. The last few days have been tough. You wont see those mayflies in Big Bay, because they all hatched last week. We have had high heat no wind to go with mayflies,then fish flies so I think that explains the problem. It will get better soon as minnows become primary food source for eyes. Wont see you out there for a while as I have to leave for a week. Good Luck !!
    • monstermoose78
      Lots of people looking just no posts
    • Wishin4Walleyes
      Unfortunately this forum has gone really quiet. All lake superior users moved to the Facebook group:(
    • Muskies
    • ManBearPig
      I may not get a chance to fish Leech before this fall, but I still really liked reading your report Joe.  Thank you for posting.
    • ManBearPig
      One more question about communication and weather alerts on eastern Rainy Lake.   We could occasionally get  an AT&T signal, especially after we had signed up for the Canadian signal.  We were about 16 miles east of the visitor center, and at the Kemp Channel entrance.  The signal strength kinda depended on weather conditions and time of day.   I am looking at the possibility of getting a weather alert radio.  It states:  Public Alert Certified Weather Radio, Receives all 7 NOAA Weather Channel and Reports.  It is also an AM/FM radio.  Does this actually work in the mid-lake area, or would you recommend something different?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.