• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Tripp_315

Smallmouth seem to have lockjaw...¬† anyone figured them out and got on a good bite? ūü§ě

Any tips for the Eastside ?

Thanks in advance..

Tripp

james_walleye

We didn't try real hard but we did catch some nice ones on jerk baits. We looked around super shallow and didn't see much sign of them on beds yet. 

20200524_173957.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Tripp_315

Nice!

thanks for your input...we're fishing hard. Banging g the banks...tried jerkbaits but not giving up :)

Here all week...hopefully we see a change.

james_walleye

Every fish we caught was on boulder points. Not much going on the normal shorelines and docks that we like to fish. 

SkunkedAgain
Posted (edited)

We were accidentally finding them on beds near shore. Tried to avoid pulling them off of course.

Edited by SkunkedAgain

Tripp_315

Nice!

thanks for your input...we're fishing hard. Banging g the banks...tried jerkbaits but not giving up :)

Here all week...hopefully we see a change.

Tripp_315

They are starting to get shallow...not aggressively chasing lures today but soon... fingers crossed :)

~Tripp

MN BassFisher

We tried pretty hard for them over Memorial Weekend and overall it was slow for us. Never really figured anything out. Beat the banks and some main lake points. Seemed to get fish off the bank just a bit, 6-8fow. We did get some on Topwaters shallow that appeared to push up shallow for the day when the water warmed up 6 degrees. 

Roseypike19

Hope I'm not too late on this report.  We were up last week (23rd-30th), and overall we had fantastic smallie fishing.  We had to adjust a bit as they were definitely more in spawn mode than most Memorial day weeks, but that just meant moving from points and secondary points towards the spawning bays and banks.  I really enjoy pre-spawn smallie fishing because they are often schooled up on the points leading into spawning areas, they are fat as heck, and they are very active - and while we had some action in this regard - we had more overall action on the banks and in the bays and saw a lot of spawned out females compared to previous years.  So I'd say about a 1/3 of our fish were pre-spawn, a 1/3 were spawn (males on beds), and a 1/3 were post spawn.  T'was all fun.  

The whole month of June = awesome shallow smallie fishing, so whoever is up, good luck!  

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Coloradokid55
      By Coloradokid55
      Headed to Brainerd Area July 9-11 coming from Colorado to visit friends. Well actually my girlfriend is I am tagging along to hopefully catch some fish with my flyrod And or jigs. Seeking advice on which lakes and tactics and anything else helpful to help maximize fishing  time in your state. I will have access to a canoe on Hubert Lake. Any and all advice would be much appreciated if anyone is into flyfishing Stillwater and would like to go or show me some pointers on your home waters That would be awesome thanks looking forward to any responses.
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got out on Fathers day with the Kayak down the Mississippi River for some good ole Smallmouth Bass action. River was low which made a great float and the smallies were hungry! They just couldn't resist the wacky worm once again. We have such an amazing fishery here in MN, glad to call this state home.  Enjoy. 

• Salsballs93
      By Salsballs93
      Nice spots that are difficult to get to for shore fishing but accessible in a kayak or canoe? I've exhausted the shore fishing options and got a kayak to get out there. Info appreciated for any lakes within the metro but am primarily focused on ones easily accessed WITHIN the city, not the distant suburbs. Thanks!
    • Salsballs93
      By Salsballs93
      Recommendations for good kayak fishing in Minneapolis or St Paul (NOT a far drive, I live downtown but love the outdoors, so accessibility is key). Species doesn't matter a whole lot, love it all - bass, walleye, northern, musky. I'm aware of where I can get to with a kayak, but am curious if anyone is willing to share something a bit more precise from their personal experience in a kayak or boat. Thanks!
    • Well_Read_Redneck
      By Well_Read_Redneck
      The Largemouths have been biting more and more on Lake O'dowd in Shakopee.

I landed this dude at around 8:30 last night in about 4-7 feet of water using a Berkley plastic worm on a Texas Rig.

Lots of fun catching him from my kayak

The ruler is a little blurry, but I marked him at right around 17 inches.

• Djsnej123456
      By Djsnej123456
      How’s the bass fishing this year? Weeds? Water clarity? 
    • MNredneck
      By MNredneck
      I am going to cuyuna in a coule weeks and I am planning do do a little bit of fishing but am not much of a trout fisherman. Do the northerns and bass in the mine lakes have any size to them?
    • iStryka
      By iStryka
      I live in the keewaydin 55417 area and the family craves fishing, a lot of the lakes around the area are a bit high pressured it seems as we've been out as far as Lake Elmo, Clear Lake, Vadnais and Lake Peltier but to no avail ( 2-3 hours of fishing with only 1 catch on some days ) on sport fishes. Is there a creek/river/backwater that's accessable for shoreline fishing that's got good fights? I'm down for kayaking too since we have a Jackson Tuna and a F&S Shadowcaster but we don't have an anchor so river kayaking is a no go ( I'm a fairly large lazy dude ) for me.

Our next target area would be Cannon River south 30 minutes of us.

Happy Fishes everyone
      - Charlie
    • Pong
      By Pong
      I've been out fishing recently and have been completely skunked from the bank and from a boat using ghost minnow colored squarebills, black jigs with green pumpkin trailers and white paddletails. What would you guys recommend I use from the bank and from a boat?
    • Vthunder28
      By Vthunder28
      Hey all!
      I moved to Rogers, MN last summer and so I decided I should try out some smallmouth fishing from shore in the rivers around here! Problem is, I struggled to catch any last fall. Before I try again this spring, I am hoping to get some feedback on the spots I am trying. I know there are smallmouth in these fisheries, but maybe these are bad spots? 

Mississippi River:
      - Monticello: East and West Bridge Park
      - Anoka: Peninsula Point Park 
      Rum River:
      - Anoka: Dam in downtown
      Orono Lake:
      - Under the Highway 10 bridge.

These are my main lures I have tried: Chatterbaits, Crankbaits, jigs w/craw, swim-jigs, weightless senko, spinnerbaits

Anyway, any feedback on those spots or if I should try a different approach would be appreciated. Happy fishing all! Weather is starting to get nice finally!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Poutwhacker
      We're heading to the East side of Rainy, boat camping next week. Just curious if the walleyes are on the reefs and what baits are being used? Any updates would be appreciated.
    • Trump 2020
      Muskies-  Any advice on a good place to stay on Rainy? Was supposed to stay on Canadian side this week and obviously didn’t go. So now I am trying to put together a quick trip with my Dad on MN side maybe later this month instead...
    • james_walleye
      It was in about 12 feet of water I estimated. 100 feet or so I'd say off shore. I kick myself....I wanted to get the pic so bad I didn't hit a waypoint. But it would be easy to find again. 
    • Laker218
      How close to comet island was it? ¬†If I remember the story correctly comet island was named after one of Aronsons early motor boats named ‚Äúcomet‚ÄĚ hit the island and sank. ¬†I think the story was in one of the lake vermilion history books the timberjay published about 15 years ago.
    • inshal
      Hi, guys, I've written a complete guide on offshore fishing that will be very helpful for the newbies I need you help to make the guide better so everyone can have benefit from it. This is not a spam so I request the admins please don't remove my post. Offshore Fishing Guide
    • james_walleye
      Just off the west side of comet 
    • gimruis
      I was able to talk to my Father about his days at LOTW.  He and my Mother caught 12 walleyes in 3 days over 27 inches, plus numerous other smaller ones.  Didn't catch a single sauger.  They caught them jigging, spinner rigs, and on lead core.  Lead core seemed to catch the bigger fish as they use bigger crank baits that weed out the smaller fish.  It was calm all 5 days so they could get to and fish just about anywhere they wanted to without any difficulty.
    • mbeyer
      Vermilion is a "no brainer" when it comes to smallmouth. You'll be fine in early August. What is your favorite way ti catch bass? Start with that and work from there. One of my favorites is a white/pearl fluke...they eat those things up.  
    • jkrash
      is that out front of Mckinley park?
    • HunterFisher11
      So looking at some property on long lake right by Ottertail lake and wondering how the fishing is on it and the depths on it? Thanks for any information!!!!
√ó
√ó

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.