• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

where to find a rapala cd-18 sinking Magnum

Squirrelhawke

I've had an old rapala cd-18 since I was a little guy and the wife has hung it on the wall and won't let me fish with it anymore. Just wondering if anybody knows a store i can go find this at. I've been to the Cabela's in Rogers and owatanna both, sportsman's Warehouse in coon rapids and about every Walmart bait shop and gas station I've stopped at with no luck. Really miss using this lure as it is the most productive thing I've used outside a 3 inch red and white spoon.

Squirrelhawke

forgot to add I've been looking at all these places for the past 5 years since i let it slip I'd had the lure since the mid-80s

PRO-V

I would check with Rapala themselves.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Borch

If you check online resellers they often have old discontinued lures.  They usually come at a premium though.

JBMasterAngler

eBay would probably be best bet. I found a discontinued flat rap on there once...of course I waited too long and didn’t get it 😞

Tom Sawyer
14 hours ago, Squirrelhawke said:

I've had an old rapala cd-18 since I was a little guy and the wife has hung it on the wall and won't let me fish with it anymore. Just wondering if anybody knows a store i can go find this at. 

https://www.rapala.com/rapala/lures/countdown-lures/countdown-magnum-/CountDown+Magnum.html?cgid=rapala-lures-countdown&taglist=Rapala|Lures|CountDown Lures#start=1&cgid=rapala-lures-countdown

Squirrelhawke

thank you Tom got the wife on it now

Mike89

I think I might have one of them!

Squirrelhawke

this is what mine looks likeIMG_20200526_215923.thumb.jpg.282d4eea45e402a18a809315afad4b44.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• icefishkab
      By icefishkab
      We are excited to announce that Sandy Point Lodge & Resort has purchased Aluma-Lite angling houses to rent this winter in addition to our already established fleet of darkhouse rentals for spearing.  Spend your winter trip hunting for a trophy Northern, angling Walleye, or a combination of both!  More information can be found at https://sandypointlodge.com/winter-activities!

Contact us today at 218-875-2615 or via email at [email protected]

Fish on!
    • simonmichel
      By simonmichel
      Hi, I already use squarebill cranking and am looking for a good normal Crankbait. What is the best one?
    • Yancimator
      By Yancimator
      After fishing every handful in years in Minnesota for 40 years, I'm FINALLY going to bring my wife up to Vermillion and see it for the first time.   I'm chasing smallmouth and pike only (well, I'll gladly wrestle with a fooled Musky but not fishing for them).   If the largemouth fishing is better than the smallmouths, we'd probably chase some of them too.    Staying at Ludlows on the island.   Boy I'd love ANY help with where to start my searching for the smallies and pike and what to key in on that time of year.   I'll have basically two days to fish and will have my own bass boat.   I am an artificial bait only guy and catch and release.   Just looking for a bunch of tugs on the line and hopefully put my wife on some action.  Any guidance or direction??   

How deep are the smallies and what do they relate to that time of year?   Are the pike around visible weeds or submerged cabbage or something?   I'm coming in clueless.   Sure appreciate ANY help anyone's willing to provide.   Thanks!!!   Yancey from St. Louis, MO
    • AlexKempston
      By AlexKempston
      Has anyone caught any muskie/musky on any of the Horseshoe/Sauk River Chain of Lakes this year? 
    • Yancimator
      By Yancimator
      After fishing every handful in years in Minnesota for 40 years, I'm FINALLY going to bring my wife up to Vermillion and see it for the first time.   I'm chasing smallmouth and pike only (well, I'll gladly wrestle with a fooled Musky but not fishing for them).   If the largemouth fishing is better than the smallmouths, we'd probably chase some of them too.    Staying at Ludlows on the island.   Boy I'd love ANY help with where to start my searching for the smallies and pike and what to key in on that time of year.   I'll have basically two days to fish and will have my own bass boat.   I am an artificial bait only guy and catch and release.   Just looking for a bunch of tugs on the line and hopefully put my wife on some action.  Any guidance or direction??   

How deep are the smallies and what do they relate to that time of year?   Are the pike around visible weeds or submerged cabbage or something?   I'm coming in clueless.   Sure appreciate ANY help anyone's willing to provide.   Thanks!!!   Yancey from St. Louis, MO
    • Coloradokid55
      By Coloradokid55
      Headed to Brainerd Area July 9-11 coming from Colorado to visit friends. Well actually my girlfriend is I am tagging along to hopefully catch some fish with my flyrod And or jigs. Seeking advice on which lakes and tactics and anything else helpful to help maximize fishing  time in your state. I will have access to a canoe on Hubert Lake. Any and all advice would be much appreciated if anyone is into flyfishing Stillwater and would like to go or show me some pointers on your home waters That would be awesome thanks looking forward to any responses.
    • Dadman2017
      By Dadman2017
      Headed up to Duluth area tomorrow, want to wet a line. No boat. Anyone wanna share a bite?  Will traverse any country for some filets!!!
    • Wanderer
      By Wanderer
      Opener 2020 tomorrow - anyone here going out?  Heck with the full moon tonight this weekend should be really good.  If I get to spend some time out it’ll be in central MN.  The river maybe, or Alexander.  Shamineau is on my list this year as I’ve never fished it at all.  Plenty of lakes to try.  

I’d like to see what you guys are pulling in this year!  Hear some stories or good advice!  I hope to have some to share.
    • MNredneck
      By MNredneck
      I am going to cuyuna in a coule weeks and I am planning do do a little bit of fishing but am not much of a trout fisherman. Do the northerns and bass in the mine lakes have any size to them?
    • Squirt
      By Squirt
      Going to lake vermillion for the first time. June 13. Staying near Arrow Head Point, Isle of Pines. Only have a small boat with 15 HP so looking for some tips for where to go for big pike that is reasonably close given my boat. I do not mind a drive, but I know how conditions can get on big water.  I also plan to go to Trout Lake (reason for bringing the small boat) If anyone has tips on Trout Lake for Pike.  Thanks and #tightlines!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SkunkedAgain
      I appreciate it Darrell. Lucky for you my days of throwing punches are decades behind me!
    • FishinCT
      Fished Saturday through Monday on the east end. As Brian said it was brutal weather. Wind wasn’t so bad but the wet snow Saturday and below freezing temps Sunday and Monday made things difficult. Didn’t do well until Monday when we put together a 30+ fish day. Caught more than a limit worth of 14-17” fish. Kept just a couple for a meal. Lots of them in that 10-13 range which bodes well for next year.     Nothing special on the tactics. Caught most of them in one spot. Fish were scattered all over a big mud flat in between islands at 30-35 feet. Jig and lindy caught about the same number of fish. Jig caught a few more of the keeper size fish.    Fish were coughing up what looked like mayfly larvae. Is that common this time of year? Maybe it was something else?
    • MnCowboy
      You mention that if an archery hunter and firearms hunter are together they are considered 2 parties. Is that the same with crossbows, which use an archery tag. Would it be considered 2 parties (and obviously could not help fill each others tags)
    • chucker1101
      Only if you're crazy
    • Darrell Larson
      Skunked Again, heavy wet snow last night been shoveling it I'd say 3"+, what ice was there yesterday is now gone in front of my house anyways, more like a big slushy, 30' beyond is open water again. I have 44 degrees on the deck right now, you should be safe making a trip this weekend. If I'm wrong PM me I send you my address and you can come punch me in the nose.
    • mulefarm
    • DonBo
      Buddy and I were fishing just below Whalan last summer and he caught two keeper sized walleye on a Rappala.  We were pretty surprised.
    • SkunkedAgain
      It's not a very deep lake, so it is all relative. Most of the lake is 30-40ft deep so it is a relatively easy lake to fish from that standpoint. They aren't sliding any deeper than on a bright sunny day in July. There is also not much of a fall turnover to worry about.
    • ozzie
      Great to hear from you Dtro!  It is sad that the participation in forums like this is going by the wayside and it seems we are losing valued members constantly which is sad, but also the way of the world.  Great to hear you are succeeding in your latest adventure, but that does not surprise me, as following you for the past 15 years, I wouldn't expect anything less from you!  I enjoyed the news clip and the excitement on the young girls face as she reeled in her first sturgeon!  Keep doing what your doing and don't be a stranger!!   Take care and stay safe!  Ozzie 
    • smurfy
      came back to civilization this past sunday. was nice tuesday when i got there and got alot of cabin stuff done. wed it rained all day but managed to do inside stuff that needed doing. thursday i finished up yard stuff and did a little hunting. friday finally got 2 grouse 😊 them gonna be good!!!!!!!! sat the kid and i fixed up deer stands but holy moly rockey with that snow was it wet in the woods. finished winterizing the cabin.   for me the weather wasnt cooperative to fish, so......... until there is ice the fish are safe from me!!!!!😜 the deer need to worry though!!!! sure would be nice if this snow melted, the ground needs to freeze up some.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.