• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Squirrelhawke

Ended up going out to the South end of the lake this weekend. Did ok for bites not knowing the lake so only brought home one pike. Saw quite a few more but they were all too big to keep with the 24-36 slot in effect. Biggest surprise was catching a small pout on my first cast yesterday. Definitely a river lake.

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Yep current areas are key

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Little Blueberry
      By Little Blueberry
      any current musky info?  Looking for new water since can’t get to LOW.
    • Coloradokid55
      By Coloradokid55
      Headed to Brainerd Area July 9-11 coming from Colorado to visit friends. Well actually my girlfriend is I am tagging along to hopefully catch some fish with my flyrod And or jigs. Seeking advice on which lakes and tactics and anything else helpful to help maximize fishing  time in your state. I will have access to a canoe on Hubert Lake. Any and all advice would be much appreciated if anyone is into flyfishing Stillwater and would like to go or show me some pointers on your home waters That would be awesome thanks looking forward to any responses.
    • tacklejunkie
      By tacklejunkie
      I haven't seen any reports locally this year. The other forums all have updated reports. 
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got out on Fathers day with the Kayak down the Mississippi River for some good ole Smallmouth Bass action. River was low which made a great float and the smallies were hungry! They just couldn't resist the wacky worm once again. We have such an amazing fishery here in MN, glad to call this state home.  Enjoy. 

• Joe
      By Joe
      The Leech Lake walleyes are on the move and our guides have been chasing them! With a recent fly hatch and some heat moving in this week has been a grind but we are still finding limits. A few keys to putting fish in the boat have been the location, the presentation and the wind.

Most of our fish have been on Sucker bay and the main lake. Duck point, Ottertail point and Stoney point have all been good and putting out fish. We have been focusing on the 11-14 feet of water and covering ground has been important. Both Duck and Ottertail points have nice break lines that top out around 8 and bottom at 20, which, is what we have been focusing on. Try to run your boat along the break line and make note of where the fish tend to be. If they are on the top of the break fish there and likewise for the deeper water.

Our presentation of choice, when the wind allows it, has been bottom bouncers with spinners. Gold, pink and white, and green have all been getting the Leech Lake walleye guide fish in the boat. Try to run these at 1.3-1.8 mph with just enough line out to “bounce off the bottom.”

The wind has been a nice advantage the past few days. Use the wind to push your boat along the desired path for a nice easy drift. As stated above the places we have been focusing on are actually in the same area but with different layouts. this allows you to make sure you are fishing in the waves and not in flat calm water. As you may know, leech is very clear so on a flat calm and sunny day it can be tough. Find the waves and find the action.

We do still have some openings for July yet. Give us a call to see what we have open. https://leechlakeguideservice.com

Dennis Carlson with his Biggest walleye 27 inches. Caught on a green spinner rig
    • MNredneck
      By MNredneck
      I was looking to go sturgeon fishing on the st croix river, what parts of the river hold a fish-able population of sturgeon. i was hoping to be near st croix or wild river state parks.
    • Bmiller1981
      By Bmiller1981
      Hey everyone,
      Normally I don’t ask for help but I’ve been skunked last three summers on Side lake / Sturgeon Lake Chain for walleye.  I’ve spent most time on Big Sturgeon and Side for eyes but have come up short. I’m heading up for a long weekend and hoping to change my luck with some advice.  I’d appreciate anything as it’s been a grind... thanks !!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  The lake just keeps producing walleyes.  Good fishing in numerous spots across the south shore, near the Lighthouse and Morris Point Gaps in 8-10' and around Garden Island.  Big numbers of walleyes also staged over deep mud in 25 - 31'.  Most anglers drifting or trolling harnesses (spinners) with crawlers or leeches.  Hammered gold is hard to beat but glow, pink, chartreuse and orange are also popular in the stained water.  Some fish are still being caught jigging on structure or rock to mud transitions.  Anglers catching plenty of eater walleyes along with good numbers of saugers.  Larger slot fish (19.5-28") along with trophy walleyes over 28" being caught often.    
      On the Rainy River...   Sturgeon anglers looking forward to sturgeon fishing reopening on July 1st.  Big numbers of sturgeon await.   No roll sinkers and sturgeon rigs along with crawlers and frozen shiners available locally.  Smallmouth bass in rocky areas, around bridges and current breaks.  Pike are also active cruising weedy bays, bay mouths and current breaks.  Both species don't get much attention and are present in good numbers.  Walleyes hanging out in 20-25'.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake and stay in MN waters.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.  
      Walleye fishing is worth the trip.  Schools of walleyes on structure, over sand and on mud.  Most fish showing up in 8 - 14' or 26 - 28'.  The best presentation is drifting and trolling spinners with crawlers or a minnow.  Pike and smallmouth bass active in weedy bays.  There are hundreds around the Angle.  Try a spinnerbait or spoon. 

• JBMasterAngler
      By JBMasterAngler
      Just got back from our annual Grand Marais trip. Fishing was pretty good, despite this being the latest in the month I’ve ever been up there. This year was always planned to be a camping trip, but because several of the campgrounds are still closed (including the one I planned to stay at), I luckily was able to get a spot on Flour Lake. Weather was darn near perfect the whole week. We setup camp slower than expected, so we got a really late start on West Bearskin. Only caught 5 bass. But I didn’t fish any of the normal spots I hit. 

Tuesday, we fished Hungry Jack Lake. Holy cow was the resort a zoo! I’ve never seen that place so busy! Which is good...those guys have always been really good to us. Kids caught a bunch of sunnies off the dock. Bass fishing was normal. There were still a few late bloomers on beds. Caught about 35 fish, including a 19.5, 19, and 18.75 inch smallies. Also caught a skinny 20 inch walleye. 

Wednesday we fished our favorite, Greenwood Lake. We caught 100 bass. Mostly the typical small ones, but my son landed a 16.75 incher, which was his personal best. Also caught 1 little northern. Never caught one out of here for 25+ years. Now, ever since we caught the first one a few years ago, we always catch at least one every time we fish here. Lakers have moved away from the shallows. I marked a lot of them, but I didn’t get any to bite.

Thursday was Loon Lake. Caught about 35 fish. They were tiny as usual, but for some reason my son’s favorite fish is rock bass, so he was happy to catch a bunch of them. I caught a 30 inch pike. Had several more follows from pike of similar size. Decided to go for a drive up the trail after fishing, instead of going back to camp. Good decision! We saw a moose and a lynx!

Wanted to fish Two Island on our way home, but it just didn’t work out. Things in town were a mess! Between the road construction, and the coronavirus, it just wasn’t the same fun atmosphere. Unfortunately, it looks like the road construction will be even worse next year. Oh well, we still had fun. As always, wished the trip lasted longer.

• Mwdbuckeye
      By Mwdbuckeye
      The week is fast approaching (July4-11) and the boys (and the three dads) are excited.  Any advice (species is far less important than consistent action) would be greatly appreciated.  Staying mid-lake so east or west are options.  Thanks and good fishing!

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.