• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

smurfy

friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

smurfy

Your pet moose show back up again ?

PRO-V

Nope. I'll have to put out cookies again.😁

• Thumbs Up 1

gunner55

Careful, your visitor could be much smaller & blue next time.😀

• Confused 1

smurfy
1 hour ago, gunner55 said:

👍 maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

• Yayyyy 1

PRO-V
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, gunner55 said:

I believe I know to whom you refer. Never met him but sure I would recognize him. He'll probably be asking for fish donations since his lake froze out.😄

Edited by PRO-V
  • Yayyyy 3

smurfy
On 5/15/2020 at 1:58 PM, PRO-V said:

I believe I know to whom you refer. Never met him but sure I would recognize him. He'll probably be asking for fish donations since his lake froze out.😄

Why you got some?? I ate all mine!!🤣

• Yayyyy 1

gunner55
On 5/15/2020 at 1:58 PM, PRO-V said:

You shouldn't believe everything he tries to tell you. 😉 🙂 Somebody told me that the lake isn't completely dead as the neighbor can still catch fish off his dock. 

• l Love It 1

smurfy

You shouldn't believe everything he tries to tell you. 😉 🙂 Somebody told me that the lake isn't completely dead as the neighbor can still catch fish off his dock. 

well its dead enough..and I witnessed it 2 years in a row...…….i'm coming to your lake now!!!!!!!!!!😜😂

• Yayyyy 1

gunner55
8 hours ago, smurfy said:

well its dead enough..and I witnessed it 2 years in a row...…….i'm coming to your lake now!!!!!!!!!!😜😂

👍 Great! You can come get all those 14-17" slimers & 5-7" sunfish that you like to catch as you want, I don't care. We have plenty here.😉😄

• l Love It 1

smurfy

👍 Great! You can come get all those 14-17" slimers & 5-7" sunfish that you like to catch as you want, I don't care. We have plenty here.😉😄

Ha I've never wet a line for your sunfish. I need little slimers for pickled fish. Need to keep the hall secretaries happy 👍

PRO-V
1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Ha I've never wet a line for your sunfish. I need little slimers for pickled fish. Need to keep the hall secretaries happy 👍

So if I got this right you have a small slimer to keep the secretaries happy.🤔

• Confused 1
  • Yayyyy 2

smurfy
7 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

🥴 now your starting to sound like that Gunner guy!!😫 to answer your question... No you don't have that right.😅

• Yayyyy 2

gunner55
8 hours ago, PRO-V said:

Careful there smurfy, you could give somebody the wrong idea.😉  It's not always what you say but a lot of times it's how you say it.🤔🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

Mike89
26 minutes ago, gunner55 said:

Careful there smurfy, you could give somebody the wrong idea.😉  It's not always what you say but a lot of times it's how you say it.🤔🙂

and with his fat finger to boot!!!!  

• Thumbs Up 2

smurfy

or in your guyz case.........your inability to comprehend what was actually said!!!! 🤣 like twisting words...............😏

• I Like it 1

gunner55

Oh there's a few more than just us that wonder what your talking about a lot & you live with the 1 that probably does it the most.🤔😄

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

PRO-V

Good news Smurf. I talked to the local DNR and explained your lake problem. They have graciously decided to stock it with bullheads and dogfish!! If they don't take they'll try Asian Carp. And since it was a bad winter for animals to they are going to do a porcupine transplant to your immediate cabin area!! 😁

• Wow, ❤ 1
  • Yayyyy 1

smurfy
1 hour ago, PRO-V said:

Good news Smurf. I talked to the local DNR and explained your lake problem. They have graciously decided to stock it with bullheads and dogfish!! If they don't take they'll try Asian Carp. And since it was a bad winter for animals to they are going to do a porcupine transplant to your immediate cabin area!! 😁

awe GEEZ............your a swell guy............thanks for the help!!!!!!!! 😡🤧😫😂

looks like i'll be able to help them this summer, with 4 weeks of trump checks between now and end of july, and now that ASV finally gave up the fight i gotta contract to negotiate!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

PRO-V

Good luck with ASV. Hope you get a decent contract. They have been in the habit of picking and choosing who they lay off for years. I was a union guy most of my life.👍

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Beinglis23
      By Beinglis23
      which Bait is best for rainbow and brown trout
    • PRO-V
      By PRO-V
      Had this moose come cruising into my yard 1 mile south of Grand Rapids last night. Stayed 45 minutes.
      VID_20200512_200823184.mp4
    • Erik Himmel
      By Erik Himmel
      Ok so you have limited time to pull a deer in. You know there's deer within 1/4 mile due to sign. Around the rut maybe shortly before or during, what would you use to pull a buck into your set-up either blind or stand. Rattling and calling wont work just an attractant of some kind be it corn or liquids or such. What do you use and why?

Thanks 

• MJF
      By MJF
      First time on this site.  I’m from Prior Lake Mn, I am looking for private property to Turkey hunt on this coming April, will travel up to 1 hour away.  I don’t know anyone in the area and with this Covid-19 happening this  is why I’m reaching out otherwise I would be knocking on doors.  I am 57 yrs old, responsible, law abiding.  Please if you possibly have any leads PM me.  Thank you for your time and good hunting.
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Starting to go through my Turkey vest and started practicing some of my turkey calling again. Yes Ill admit I'm no Will Primos 😂 In fact far from that but I can strike up a cord or two with the turkeys 😉 As far as calls go Ill start with some of the ones I personally use. 

LOCATOR CALLS - I use 3 different ones a Owl hoot, crow, pheasant cackle for location or pinnign down the location of a TOM. Shock gobbles work also but be very carefull it can draw hunters on public land so watch your backside. 

BOX- One of the easiest to use a great call for beginners. Easy to make some of the basic sounds on it. In fact probably the most common call in peoples Turkey vests. Tip use a box call rubber band or make sure call is secured or when walking through woods call will make some unwanted noises. 

Diaphragm calls-Probably one of the best but also the hardest. Takes some practice and is not for everyone. Some people will have a serious gag reflex when attempting to use one. Positive you can make quick putts purrs, clucks etc with one. Probably the best call to master and best for a ground hunter without  blind. Takes away all hand movements when you got a Tom in close. 

Friction Calls- My Favorites I've been using friction calls for years. For Very windy days I use a Crystal top to strike out there cut through wind very loud birds can hear it from long ways off. For reaching up over a ridge distance on a more calm day you cant beat glass kind of a medium range call.  Slate is the one I use when right in the woods calm days and have birds close by a very soft more subtle call that produces great results with birds in closer distances and face to face. 

Call conditioners- You will want to add a stone, sand paper, chalk to keep all your calls in good working condition. A high pitch unwanted  squeal will send a Tom running in no time! 

Decoys- Big fan of Flextone have a feeding and resting hen and a Jake. Plus I have a Primos B-MOBILE when I have a  aggressive dominate I'm after. At last resort and I have shot couple using a mojo scoot-and-shoot . This is a true rush if you haven't tried it! 👍

Blinds- Been using Ameristep doghouses for years, Setup 4 of them on my private property's in strategic locations but if all else fails have a vest and seat and will get right up in there faces if I have to.

Just throwing out some of the tools of the trade that have helped me be very successful in Harvesting some nice Toms over the years. 

• monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      With all the craziness going on. I need turkey season to focus my mind on something. I need to shoot the crossbow soon and get the gear sprayed for ticks. I thought about getting a lay down hen but do I really need another turkey decoy?

The turkeys are using the corn field on the neighbors land but I will cut them suckers off. I cleared a spot last year so I can shoot behind my blind. 

let’s get some good turkey talk going on in here!! Come on guys.

Note from Editor: We have a Turkey contest going on HSO. You can win a "Legends of the Outdoors
      Hall of Fame Boxcall."
      Let's hear your turkey talk and see your pics here 1st, then......

Click here to enter the turkey contest.Win the Box call above....BUT
      RESPOND IN THIS THREAD 1ST!
    • huntnfish
      By huntnfish
      It looks like MN is considering getting rid of the shotgun zones. 

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/outdoors/4994139-Shotgun-zone-elimination-bill-gains-traction-in-Minnesota

I used to hunt in a shotgun zone but now hunt in the big woods with a rifle. The thing that always confused me with the shotgun only zone was that you could hunt with a rifle caliber pistol. I know Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, and others have started allowing straight wall rifle cartridges instead of just shotguns. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      For info for this year's HSO/FM Turkey Conest follow the link below.

2020 HSO/FM Turkey Quest
    • Dan Rud
      By Dan Rud
      www.Wausota.com 

please Call Owner Emery + Lyn Edwards
      for cabins Available in spring and summer and fall hunting great!!! Also fishing AWESOME 🎣

good Luck and be safe!!!

Dan

• Rick
      By Rick
      Your best pics/video, spurs, beards, fans, mounts.
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Squirrelhawke
      thank you Tom got the wife on it now
    • ANYFISH2
      Isaac was at it again this evening!  He has now broke his PB 3 times since Friday.  Friday he caught a 19 1/2" that weighted 4lbs 10oz, then Saturday the 5lb 2oz, 20 3/4" girl above.    Now today, he catches another 20 3/4" but this one weighted 5lbs 6oz!  He is on fire!   Or, I am just good luck!
    • PRO-V
      I was just testing your knowledge of geography and you got a perfect score. 
    • CigarGuy
      I emailed manicks yesterday morning and voiced my concerns, 3 hours later my dock was in, but not the lift. It looks like they put all the docks in on the Partridge River. We got 6 more walleyes last night, 1- 12" and the others over 22". Back home now.
    • Wakemup
      Seconded! I took down 3 pines on Sunday and a brief but refreshing dip followed.   Manick’s hadn’t been to Wakemup Narrows, so it was a working weekend around the place- fun to read the fishing reports, keep them coming!
    • PRO-V
      You know what? I double checked with them and it was Sand. Sorry for any confusion.😜🤣
    • tacklejunkie
      Gave it a go over the weekend. Nothing F and F  but did get our a limit. Harnesses with the standard chartreuse blades trolling at 1.4-1.6. Did play with some flicker minnows and flicker shads and nothing on the minnows but did get two and released a nice one on the shads   Just troll the flats. The fish LOVE those crawlers.        
    • james_walleye
      Every fish we caught was on boulder points. Not much going on the normal shorelines and docks that we like to fish. 
    • smurfy
      🤣 funny guy. That tree line kinda looks like just south of the access but dead giveaway were the rushes!!   Looks alot like sand to me.
    • PRO-V
      My stepdaughter and her husband figured they would try Peterson since they were close. I guess she got this 19 1/2" this afternoon. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.