• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Rick

Ok, last post was good but didn't go the way I needed.

So...I'm giving a prize to. Please nominate 2 who are deserving in your post. They don't have to be the most valuable. Just 2 who come to mind right away in your mind.

If you see someone post that you really enjoy, be sure to give them a heart emoji...the person who posts...not who they posted. 

I will then come up with a method to weight and then draw a winner randomly.

PSX_20200425_150729.jpg

Rick G

Icehick and Jeff for sure😉

Wanderer

I think you’ve pretty much established that. 😉😄  And for the intent of your post I wouldn’t argue.  Borch has been willing to be a organizer of events along with giving quality information in particular regard the ‘shoe and Cass Lake.  Ice hawk has been starting so many threads all winter I hate to see him go back to work!

Me, I’m just floating around taking it all in.

1F05AAB4-4B47-48FB-B921-7FD162CAA64B.thumb.jpeg.a7662a63ca5a95bc391d8b99ced744e4.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1
ANYFISH2

I am sorry, I hate to single people out.  Everyone that contributes, is super valuable as you know best.

Being you asked for two, I will go with @eyeguy 54 for his variety and content and @IceHawk for his great tips and tactics.

Edited by ANYFISH2
  • l Love It 1
Kettle

@eyeguy 54 but I wish he was less secretive about where he catches all these big panfish 🤣

• l Love It 1
Tom Sawyer
16 hours ago, Rick G said:

👍 👍, without a doubt, they are sure worthy of a card of jigs

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1
Bass Thumb
17 hours ago, Rick G said:

I'd second those

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1
chaffmj

I'll go with Borch and eyeguy 54 but I don't think either one need any more jigs! 😆

Edited by chaffmj
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1
smurfy
4 hours ago, chaffmj said:

I'll go with Borch and eyeguy 54 but I don't think either one need any more jigs! 😆

or icehawk!!!!!!!!🤣 or Tom, or Rick...……... 😂🤔

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1
Rick

YOU WON! Congratulations.

If you already commented in this thread or were mentioned here prior to this post and you "private message" me your address prior to 5 pm on Thursday, April 30th, 2020, I will send you a jig pack similar to the one pictured in 1st post.

Thank you everyone for sharing a bit of yourself with everyone here!

Only 1 per person between the 2 threads this appears in.

Tom Sawyer
On 4/27/2020 at 10:45 AM, chaffmj said:

On 4/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, smurfy said:

or icehawk!!!!!!!!🤣 or Tom, or Rick...……... 😂🤔

You are absolutely correct @smurfy , so I'd like to donate my card to you, since (from the sounds of it) hardly have any. RickP can send you 2 now. 

Fish On 🎣

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Yayyyy 1
smurfy
1 hour ago, Tom Sawyer said:

You are absolutely correct @smurfy , so I'd like to donate my card to you, since (from the sounds of it) hardly have any. RickP can send you 2 now. 

Fish On 🎣

🤣😊 thanks Tom Sawyer......I do have enough jigs. I had to give icehawk a bad time about throwing jigs out.  i'd like to see a young kid starting out get them, would mean more to me. 👍

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1
Rick

Prizes mailed.

• 6 months later...
Tom Sawyer

Time for another give away or something.........

Wanderer
5 hours ago, mulefarm said:

Anyone walking out yet?

Anything even skimmed over any more?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
monstermoose78

They are fishing upper red

Edited by monstermoose78
fishingstar

ya the kid said his buddy at Bemidji st. went fishing on red today. they had 5 inches of ice. 

• Thumbs Up 1
Wanderer
19 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

They are fishing upper red

Hadn’t heard!  Mind has been on other things I guess!

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk

Reportedly 4 3/4-5 inches of ice on Red lake and a few out fishing.  A little risky yet because we all know what happens on red when the wind picks up! Hopefully for the resorts up there the wind lays low and they get some good quality ice. 

• Thumbs Up 1
idlesmelt

I had to give icehawk a bad time about throwing jigs out.  i'd like to see a young kid starting out get them, would mean more to me

smurfy
8 hours ago, idlesmelt said:

I had to give icehawk a bad time about throwing jigs out.  i'd like to see a young kid starting out get them, would mean more to me

its ok, i'm a 63 year old kid and i did some dumpster diving, aka shopping and got them. they didnt go to the landfill!!!!👍😂

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk
8 hours ago, idlesmelt said:

If you only knew how much I have done to help out youths hunting and fishing by donateing ,teaching and by being a positive role model, mentor. . Those that know me know how much it means to me to see a smile on a newbies kids face after he ices his first fish!  In fact I just gave one of my clam pros to a buddies 14 year old son that is really getting hooked on the sport. How many are willing to do that 😉

16 minutes ago, smurfy said:

its ok, i'm a 63 year old kid and i did some dumpster diving, aka shopping and got them. they didnt go to the landfill!!!!👍😂

Thought it was a bear digging in my garbage cans little did I know a smurfy would pop up from the ruins 🤣 Hope fully you get some use out of them 😀

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 2
Mike89

that is darn good of you IceHawk!!!   I salute you for that!!  

smurfy
1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

that is darn good of you IceHawk!!!   I salute you for that!!  

what???? letting me know when he sets his garbage out!!!!!!🤣

Mike89
1 hour ago, smurfy said:

what???? letting me know when he sets his garbage out!!!!!!🤣

only you!!!  LOL!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      Some of my exploits (such as breaking through five inches of ice) have been well-documented on this forum. I thought it would be interesting to hear some of the dumb things that we've all done on/around this lake. They can be funny, serious, life-threatening, just plain dumb, or a combination. I figure that we can all learn a bit while sharing some embarrassing moments.

Mine is a split-decision:

Dumb Candidate #1) Around 5yrs ago, we all headed up for fishing opener. A buddy that used to co-own the cabin got there first with other guys from the group. There was a few inches of fresh snow everywhere. Nobody shoveled the dock or stairs before I got there. I didn't bother either as I was the late-comer. Throughout the weekend the trampled snow turned into ice with each step. Fast-forward to the day everyone was leaving and my buddy slipped on one of the last steps, falling on the corner of a stair tread, and broke several ribs. As the host, I sure felt like crap for not taking charge of things once I got there and getting things shoveled. It sucks seeing a friend get hurt and knowing it was preventable.

Dumb Candidate #2) This summer I took a bunch of nieces and nephews for ATV rides back in the woods. They all had a great time. On the last of five trips, I was a little too excited and went faster along the trail. At one point the edge of my left front tire caught a log and turned the handlebars sharply. In the end, I spent portions of many weekends this summer replacing tie rods and a demolished cv joint on my 2002 Polaris. That was my penalty for being dumb but a good lesson learned.
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      Has anyone been out to check ice on any lakes in area. Heard there was 2-3 inches on strand. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      Yup, I started it. Seeing people post about water temps in the low 40s, and knowing that there will be a lot of cold temps this week....we may see the small bays freeze. I have a vested interest as I'd like to make it up next weekend, but have strong doubts that our small bay will be ice-free. Let's hear those reports as the lake begins to change.
    • smurfy
      By smurfy
      hope everyone has a great thanksgiving day. enjoy what company you can and enjoy your thanksgiving meal.👍
    • Old Boat
      By Old Boat
      It's got a 50hp Merc that's got the lower took apart. Covered bow, tapered STEARN. Thick aircraft grade aluminum.
    • YouthFishingGuide
      By YouthFishingGuide
      I have found a Strikemaster Magnum 3 Plus 49cc 3HP with box and never used. It also has the matching Mora(Sweden) Auger with guard and spare bonus blades. Paint looks new. I am curious if this is a valuable item or if I should just add some gas and start using. Thank you

• Phisher0420
      By Phisher0420
      Had anyone tried and had luck finding worms in late fall. For some reason we have a worm shortage, not I've place in town has had then for weeks
    • Dash 1
      By Dash 1
      Everyone please vote tomorrow. Our fishing and hunting needs all our support. No matter who you vote for just vote. Thank goodness the political ads will finally be done.
    • SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      In years past, Jack and other owners of the Landing used to keep the boat launch plowed next door. The last owners of the Landing didn't do it. I've asked several times while frequenting the Landing this summer/fall, and it sounds like they do not plan to keep the lot open either. Are there any other public launches on the lake that are regularly or semi-regularly plowed for people to park sled trailers?
    • Austin12345
      By Austin12345
      Its hard to think but its coming soon at 15 I dont have 300 laying around to buy a vex with so last year I got a garmin striker 4 and made a mount for it even with the summer ducer it worked great!! I would put it up aginst my buddies vexs and marcums here are the pics

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      Ok, couldn’t resist.  Just did a spud check and only had 2 inches of ice this morning.  Off to work I go...
    • JerkinLips
      Oh so many, but I will keep it to my worst 3 on Vermilion (associated photos follow).  Hope I don't win (or lose?).   1979 - duck hunting in Stuntz Bay with my friend in a 17 foot square-stern canoe, a decoy cord got caught in the 6hp Johnson prop.  Rather than going to shore to untangle, I attempted to free it on the water by tipping the motor up and reaching back.  When I started losing my balance in this awkward position, I decide to slide into the water rather than tip the entire canoe and my friend.  Finished setting up for hunting and left my friend in the blind while I went back home for dry clothes.   1981 - water-skipped my dad's 1973 Arctic Cat Cheetah 340 snowmobile over 70 feet in the Stuntz Bay little narrows.   1998 - in late March I went to fish lakers on Trout Lake on an extremely foggy morning.  I was dragging my portable fish house loaded with gear (close to 100 pounds total) on the rear bumper of my 1993 Polaris Indy 440.  I left McKinley Park two hours before sunrise and headed for Canfield Portage.  When I reached a shore I followed the shoreline but didn't find the portage.  This was before I had a GPS and visibility was very limited due to darkness and fog, so I spent the next 1½ hours looking for the portage.  During this search I crossed open stretches of water 5 times going around points while following shorelines.  When it finally started getting lighter I realized that I was on the east end of Pine Island.  I then went around the back side of Pine and made it to Trout Lake well after daylight.  Only caught 5 eelpout that day.  
    • CigarGuy
      Been looking for 7+ years, get a few here and there, no consistency! Spring/fall is a different story 😄
    • BWpineisland
      Good call. I have no idea. Probably will not work?
    • CigarGuy
      Hi Bob, did you see my picture taken out in front of my place? The son of the guy that lives on Partridge Rd was out fishing out there-in the middle of the channel. Went out from Ron's access. Also, snowmobile tracks out along our shoreline. Ron didn't know how they did fishing. Did you get a deer? I might be up this weekend, if my layoff starts Friday. 
    • CigarGuy
      Thanks, I looked at what band I have and all I can see is Band 2, not the 12/13-17. So I don't know if I should order it or not. I have att, a android phone, if anyone knows if that will work????
    • BWpineisland
      The box it came in is at the cabin and until the ice is good I wouldn’t be back. If you don’t get one before Christmas let me know and I’ll look at the numbers but the ad is identical. 
    • BWpineisland
      It’s the same one I bought in June. I see the $30 off coupon also. Good deal!   I temporarily mounted it on my deck and pointed the antenna towards Cook and it worked so good I haven’t bothered to mount it on the roof. I was amazed with the coverage. It worked with one of my buddies ATT phone also. Good luck. 
    • Bbobber
      Does anybody know what the ice conditions are on the west end of the lake. I am hoping to get out this weekend hoping to find some of those monster crappies.
    • BWpineisland

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.