• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who adds value?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Ok, last post was good but didn't go the way I needed.

So...I'm giving a prize to. Please nominate 2 who are deserving in your post. They don't have to be the most valuable. Just 2 who come to mind right away in your mind.

If you see someone post that you really enjoy, be sure to give them a heart emoji...the person who posts...not who they posted. 

I will then come up with a method to weight and then draw a winner randomly.

PSX_20200425_150729.jpg

Wanderer

I think you’ve pretty much established that. 😉😄  And for the intent of your post I wouldn’t argue.  Borch has been willing to be a organizer of events along with giving quality information in particular regard the ‘shoe and Cass Lake.  Ice hawk has been starting so many threads all winter I hate to see him go back to work!

Me, I’m just floating around taking it all in.

1F05AAB4-4B47-48FB-B921-7FD162CAA64B.thumb.jpeg.a7662a63ca5a95bc391d8b99ced744e4.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1
ANYFISH2

I am sorry, I hate to single people out.  Everyone that contributes, is super valuable as you know best.

Being you asked for two, I will go with @eyeguy 54 for his variety and content and @IceHawk for his great tips and tactics.

Edited by ANYFISH2
  • l Love It 1
Tom Sawyer
16 hours ago, Rick G said:

Icehick and Jeff for sure😉

👍 👍, without a doubt, they are sure worthy of a card of jigs

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1
chaffmj

I'll go with Borch and eyeguy 54 but I don't think either one need any more jigs! 😆

Edited by chaffmj
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1
4 hours ago, chaffmj said:

I'll go with Borch and eyeguy 54 but I don't think either one need any more jigs! 😆

or icehawk!!!!!!!!🤣 or Tom, or Rick...……... 😂🤔

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

YOU WON! Congratulations.

If you already commented in this thread or were mentioned here prior to this post and you "private message" me your address prior to 5 pm on Thursday, April 30th, 2020, I will send you a jig pack similar to the one pictured in 1st post.

Thank you everyone for sharing a bit of yourself with everyone here!

Only 1 per person between the 2 threads this appears in.

Tom Sawyer
On 4/27/2020 at 10:45 AM, chaffmj said:

On 4/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, smurfy said:

or icehawk!!!!!!!!🤣 or Tom, or Rick...……... 😂🤔

You are absolutely correct @smurfy , so I'd like to donate my card to you, since (from the sounds of it) hardly have any. RickP can send you 2 now. 

Fish On 🎣

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Yayyyy 1
1 hour ago, Tom Sawyer said:

You are absolutely correct @smurfy , so I'd like to donate my card to you, since (from the sounds of it) hardly have any. RickP can send you 2 now. 

Fish On 🎣

🤣😊 thanks Tom Sawyer......I do have enough jigs. I had to give icehawk a bad time about throwing jigs out.  i'd like to see a young kid starting out get them, would mean more to me. 👍

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1
Rick

Prizes mailed.

• 6 months later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
monstermoose78

They are fishing upper red

Edited by monstermoose78
fishingstar

ya the kid said his buddy at Bemidji st. went fishing on red today. they had 5 inches of ice. 

• Thumbs Up 1
Wanderer
19 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

They are fishing upper red

Hadn’t heard!  Mind has been on other things I guess!

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk

Reportedly 4 3/4-5 inches of ice on Red lake and a few out fishing.  A little risky yet because we all know what happens on red when the wind picks up! Hopefully for the resorts up there the wind lays low and they get some good quality ice. 

• Thumbs Up 1
8 hours ago, idlesmelt said:

I had to give icehawk a bad time about throwing jigs out.  i'd like to see a young kid starting out get them, would mean more to me

its ok, i'm a 63 year old kid and i did some dumpster diving, aka shopping and got them. they didnt go to the landfill!!!!👍😂

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk
8 hours ago, idlesmelt said:

I had to give icehawk a bad time about throwing jigs out.  i'd like to see a young kid starting out get them, would mean more to me

If you only knew how much I have done to help out youths hunting and fishing by donateing ,teaching and by being a positive role model, mentor. . Those that know me know how much it means to me to see a smile on a newbies kids face after he ices his first fish!  In fact I just gave one of my clam pros to a buddies 14 year old son that is really getting hooked on the sport. How many are willing to do that 😉

16 minutes ago, smurfy said:

its ok, i'm a 63 year old kid and i did some dumpster diving, aka shopping and got them. they didnt go to the landfill!!!!👍😂

Thought it was a bear digging in my garbage cans little did I know a smurfy would pop up from the ruins 🤣 Hope fully you get some use out of them 😀

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 2
1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

that is darn good of you IceHawk!!!   I salute you for that!!  

what???? letting me know when he sets his garbage out!!!!!!🤣

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

what???? letting me know when he sets his garbage out!!!!!!🤣

only you!!!  LOL!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Northerner28
      By Northerner28
      I have a Helix 7 CHIRP GPS G2N ice pack. I haven’t used it much. The trouble I have is that when  I’m at a depth of 30ft I can see my lure fine towards the bottom. When I bring my lure towards the top my lure shows up lighter the closer I get to the surface. Even when I turn the gain all the way up I can’t see my lure at the top. I couldn’t even pick up a fish that was 6 feet under the ice. I also changed the cone settings and IR? settings and that didn’t have any effect. I am wondering if there is a setting I don’t know about that might change the ability to see something towards the surface. Tech support at Humminbird said I would need to do a software upgrade. 
    • Duckhunt
      By Duckhunt
      House was new in spring 2018. Spray foamed top to bottom. Extremely Light weight, all aluminum construction 1300-1400 pounds. You can easily pull with atv. with little tongue weight. Foldable and removable bunk, we used a cot for 2nd bed.
      -6 catch covers w/ sleeves
      -Nuway furnace, needs no electricity to operate manually, also hooked up to thermostat
      -12V low amp draw circulating fans -30A 115v to 12VDC power converter/battery charger with gen/power hookup
      -battery box with 12VDC-115v inverter, and battery meter (newer 31 battery negotiable)
      - LED hole light and beverage holder above every hole
      -LED interior and porch lights
      -Tv/dvd combo on swing wall mount
      -Pioneer stereo with 4 speakers -Loose spare tire (white steel rim)
      -Window Air Conditioner
      This house can go all weekend on a single battery without a generator. No exterior damage anywhere, tires great. Looking to possibly upgrade. Located 20 miles north of Rapids. Thanks!

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      When I was up two weeks ago, the lake snow was getting thin and was barely thick enough in the woods for snowmobiles. Have we added much snow lately?

Any word on the trails?
    • jim curlee
      By jim curlee
      I have an old(purple) Otter Lodge.
      I'm thinkin about buying a new one with the insulated cover.
      Just wondering what your thoughts are on moisture condensation in the newer houses.
      Right now with the moderate temps, my old house is way wet on the inside.
      Thanks
      Jim
    • Pigmeat
      By Pigmeat
      I think I know the answer, but . . .
      After running for about 3 hours the output on my flasher battery dropped from 12.5v to 10.1v. Pretty much means it's dead, correct?
    • hitthebricks
      By hitthebricks
      I have a Marcum LX5 that's been hardly used.  I charged the battery then turned it on and let it run to check the battery life to see if I needed  a new one.  After a few hours it died.  Tried to charge it again but no luck, bought a new one, hooked it up, nothing, checked the connections, nothing.  Any ideas what's wrong?

HTB
    • Greywolf25
      By Greywolf25
      New to ice fishing. In a 16’ ice castle in a lake with 17 inches of ice. Ice is cracking so much it sometimes shakes my house. Anything to worried about? 
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      Anyone know if the public access parking lot is plowed?
    • 406_outdoormaniac
      By 406_outdoormaniac
      So I just received my fathers ice shack he built more than 20 years ago. He never got to take it out because of life so it’s been sitting there since rotting away. I’m doing some TLC on it and want to get some wiring done before the inside is done. I’ll have a propane wall heater, that’s easy to do for me. But I don’t know much on how to configure a 12V system. I just want to add a couple lights inside and 3 or 4 outlets, possibly lights outside as well. Nothing crazy but I want to be able to build off of it in the later future. Please give me some criticism or whatever you please. Just want to do it right and safely. Shack is 6’ X 10’. 
    • Lynette Norton
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      @pikeguy2003 the bite has slowed all over from what I’ve been seeing and hearing.  Pretty easy to blame it on last week’s cold front and now we have another, but we’re getting into the harder part of the season.   That said, someone is always on them somewhere and hopefully they’ll let you know!  I’m replying for 2 reasons: one, so you don’t just get crickets 😉 and two, my interest in Tonka has been reignited lately.     Looking over the maps last night I was reminded of the holes on flats and the basins outside the many coves where they frequent in the spring.  Drill some of those areas out from shallow to deep.  If you find good weeds shallow they could still be in there but will head to the basin if not.   Sorry, that’s the best I can do without being there!
    • pikeguy2003
      Been hearing the bite on Waconia is not great.  Have not been on Tonka yet.  Anyone finding the sunfish on Tonka yet or another lake.  I have relatives that do not really fish wanting me to take them out Sunday as it has been about a year since we did a fish fry.  Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks, Pikeguy
    • leech~~
      Yeah with a ton of bays with channels that don't always freeze over.  Never said I haven't sledded on lakes like the Gull chain or Whitefish chain with a lot of channels. 🙄  Just said, I never ice fished Minnetonka before.    DNR: at least 5 dead after falling through ice this season BMTN Staff Updated: Mar 8, 2018 On Lake Minnetonka, there have been more than a dozen incidents where either a vehicle or snowmobile have broken through the ice this winter.
    • delcecchi
      So, are there crappies in Black Lake?   
    • Wanderer
      Respect it like you would Burntside.  It’s really a metro lake made for snowmobile ice fishing.  Shorter runs for sure but really the same type of deal.
    • monstermoose78
      Anytime 
    • leech~~
      Thanks buddy! 🤭
    • monstermoose78
      Leech I will help you out!! Hey see that open water over there it’s been a hot spot all winter! Ok 🤪
    • whateverisbiting
      I have worked with a lot of viruses.  We wear that to protect the virus from us.  So we don't contaminate our cultures.  Of course if you are working with a problematic virus you will be glad you have it on too.
    • mulefarm
      I believe the city of Deephaven owns the ramp and the parking on the south side of Minnetonka Blvd. Residents have a pass to park there and along blvd between the signs from  May 1 to October 1. The lot by the pickle ball courts and the lot by Deephaven Elementary are open to people without city pass. You don’t need a pass to launch your boat at the landing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.