• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

budboy

anyone know if the docks are in?

monstermoose78

Sorry I have not been over that way.

BDR

Haven't been there either. They were in at Rush, my guess would be they are at Pokegama also.

budboy

thanks guys

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A very successful week for Lake of the Woods anglers.  Great walleye fishing continues with best success in 17-28 feet of water, with walleyes also being caught shallower.  A number of areas along the south shore from Pine Island, Morris Point, Zippel Bay, Long Point and Rocky Point are producing.  Knight / Bridges Island area also still holds good numbers and size of fish.  Anchored up and vertical jigging, drifting crawler harnesses and pulling crankbaits all working.  Gold / pink  / orange / glow all working well.  A nice mix of eaters, slot fish to be released between 19.5" and 28" and a good number of trophies over 28".  As last week, big pike and jumbo in the mix.  
      On the Rainy River...   Most walleyes are being targeted and caught in the lake.  There is always a population of resident walleyes that live in the river.  Best depth is 12-24'.  Jigs and minnows working the best however trolling a crankbait and covering water is also effective.  Smallmouth bass near rocky structure.   Good pike hanging in and adjacent to bays.  The sturgeon season is closed until July 1st when the season re-opens.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake and stay in MN waters.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.  
      Fishing continues to be excellent.  Walleyes being caught on 5-7' flats with snelled spinners and crankbaits as well as jigging rocky points in 10 - 20 feet of water.  Walleyes being caught in many different areas on the Minnesota side.  Pike in bays and creek mouths.  Water temps 55-57 degrees. 

• chopper72
      By chopper72
      I am going up to camp in the middle of June.  Anybody have any suggestions about baits and depths etc. for Walleyes and Bass?
    • Squirt
      By Squirt
      Going to lake vermillion for the first time. June 13. Staying near Arrow Head Point, Isle of Pines. Only have a small boat with 15 HP so looking for some tips for where to go for big pike that is reasonably close given my boat. I do not mind a drive, but I know how conditions can get on big water.  I also plan to go to Trout Lake (reason for bringing the small boat) If anyone has tips on Trout Lake for Pike.  Thanks and #tightlines!
    • Philco
      By Philco
      I just moved to Minnesota, I live in Maplewood and looking for somewhere near by to fish for catfish from the shore. Any suggestions?
    • Dave Bonjour
      By Dave Bonjour
      im, new to this sight,and my wife and i will be going to Lake Osakis for a few days in mid June to target walleye and crappie,any tips and hints will be helpful,,Thanks
    • DonkeyHodey
      By DonkeyHodey
      Don’t ya love when the weather forecasters are wrong?  S’pose to rain all weekend, but we were blessed with overcast/partly sunny weather.

Over the weekend, we fished around on 3 little lakes (all <200 acres) in Bemidji area (Clearwater county).  One lake was already up to 66 degrees in the middle! 
      Most vegetation is still low except a few lily pads were just hitting the surface at the shallows; bulrushes are still dried/brown.  With the warmer weather this week, I’ll bet the lakes will start filling out with vegetation in a matter of days and probably be growing fast.

Sunny/crappie bite was nice on Sat; dead on Sunday—had to work to find them though.  (Morning bites were poor--Afternoons much better.  Evening is always good…)
      (males were staging; females weren’t around yet)  Their location varied between hugging emergent bulrushes to being suspended at ~8 feet in ~15 feet of water.  (the suspended ones weren’t biting, though)  We were using slip bobbers with 1/32 flu flus and nightcrawlers.
      Found some nice perch hugging the bottom in 7-10 FOW jigging with 1/16 pink/white beetle-bou jigs.

Once sonny boy starting catching northerns casting a shad rap, then princess wanted to catch a nort too; so our fishing trip shifted from casting bobbers to trolling with spoons and the norts were very cooperative—getting 1-2 strikes every time down a simple shoreline of ~100 yds.  Norties were fat and healthy!
      Princess caught her PB northern!

Hoping to be back fishing around in Stearns and Morrison county (central MN) this weekend and got another getaway planned for next week.  Happy Fishing!
    • Mr. 5 pounder
      By Mr. 5 pounder
      I've been going up to the areas mentioned for 20 plus years now and ended up buying a cabin in the Bovey area. Looking to hear and share some fishing reports about the surrounding lakes. Never keep much besides some pesty northerns and panfish (which are plentiful) for the occasional lunch. So, I highly respect the area, but if you know the area at all, you will never be able to fish all its lakes in a lifetime... so some well informed fishing reports is always welcome. Again, I emphasize "smaller lakes," because the bigger ones (Jessie, Round, Wabana, etc) all have fishing reports available. Post if you're interested and lets get a good conversation going. 
    • Bonez
      By Bonez
      I tried to search and found a few old posts regarding Superior National Forest (quoted at the end of my post). I usually go grouse hunting in the Superior National Forest every fall, but I've never been up there fishing. I'm planning to head up there in ~1 month with a couple of my friends and their families and we will be bringing canoes. We're hoping to catch some walleye ideally. When I've been up in the fall hunting we usually try to camp by one the many lakes (Wilson, Whitefish, Silver Island, Bone...). The posts at the end are over a decade old already. I'm sure that some of it hasn't changed, but I was wondering if anyone has any good tips for fishing in the SNF? I perused DNR LakeFinder for the lakes in the area we usually go to that have walleyes: Timber, Finger, Sister, Dam Five, Elbow, Frear, Ninemile, T Lake, Windy, Harriet, Wilson, Toohey, Four Mile, Whitefish, Silver Island. Anyone have any general or specific tips for this area? We'd be in canoes, so don't need a lake that has a launch, and maybe that adds benefit getting to a lake that potentially has less pressure.

------------------------------------------------------------

"There are a number of areas you could get to easily with just about any vehicle. Lake Eighteen, Wilson, Silver Island, August... There are a couple that come to mind down some tougher roads, Seven Beavers and Harris. If you wanted to have a wilderness type experience without the permits and regs you could boat across Ojibway and take the roller portage into Triangle if you have a smaller boat. Birch Lake has a lot of the rustic campsites."

"Dumbbell is another option (I forgot to mention) and if you're interested in going after muskies would be a good option. Pretty cool campsite on a point."

"Wilson has some really nice walleyes, but because it's so clear, the best bite is after dark. Windy has a lot of eaters, plus plenty of northerns and the occasional whitefish. There are several sites scattered around the perimeter. An updated MacKenzie map should show the locations of most campsites on any lake you're looking to fish."

"Elbow, Timber, Frear - I would hit them for sure, close together and good walleye lakes. For bait I would use jig and minnows if your bringing minnows, and leeches on a snell, crawlers on the harness. I know lindy rigs and leeches work also, so bring them. Bone Lake - Great splake lake. Lots of good size fish. I love to fish splake, and I would bring in just these spoons. Kamloopers, in rainbow trout and perch colors, and Kastmasters in silver blue, and perch. These are what I only use for splake. They are the best period. Bring a few as there are good sized fish in there. Put them on a swivel and troll the shorelines and points for them, deadly approach. As for Cross River and Coffee Lake your typical walleye rigs will work as I mentioned above. I would bring some pike lures and try for some pike as well. Cross River has good size pike in there. I would also check with some bait shops or local people who have fished these lakes this year, just in case of a freeze out. We had alot of ice up this way. Lotta beaver ponds I trap froze to the bottom, and Cross Lake is shallow, and so is Coffee, but with the creeks and rivers running into them you should be OK. But I would check with the Beaver House or Bucks Hardware. Hate to hike in and the lake froze out."

• Vlewis128
      By Vlewis128
      Hi all. I am currently at Rush Lake near Perham at Four Seaons Resort. We’ve been here three days and have caught basically nothing. Can anyone give me some advice on walleyes here? Where to go and good baits for this lake? I’ll take any advice on any type of fish you might experience with on this lake. Never been here before.....
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Anglers had an excellent week of good fishing and fish frys.  A strong walleye bite continues with best success in 17-28 feet of water.  It is good to remember, not all walleyes do the same thing.  Some schools are deep, some shallow.  Some may be feeding on minnows, others critters in the mud.  Good reports in various areas along the south shore of the lake as well as Knight / Bridges Island area.  Anchored up and vertical jigging a jig and minnow or frozen emerald shiner has been very successful.  Gold / pink  / orange or a combo hard to beat.  Drifting with spinners and trolling crankbaits also catching fish.  A nice mix of eaters, slots and trophies.  Some big pike and jumbo perch in the mix.  
      On the Rainy River...   Anglers caught some good walleyes in the river this week.  Best depth 12-24'.  Jigs and minnows working the best.  The edge of the river channel in Four Mile Bay also giving up some walleyes.  Smallmouth bass in good numbers.  Typical spots, rocky areas, current breaks, bridge and rip rap areas.  Somie big pike still hanging out in bays.  The sturgeon season is closed until July 1st when the season re-opens.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake and stay in MN waters.  Some resorts are offering transport service across the lake in MN waters to the Angle prior to the border opening.  Some guests are setting up with transport to follow charters in their own boats.  Various south shore resorts are offering parking for guests of NW Angle resorts.
      Fishing is great.  Anglers fishing the Angle are catching good numbers of walleyes.  Jigging rocky points in 10 - 22 feet of water producing nice walleyes.  Some good fish also being caught on crankbaits in 8-12' of water.  Big pike in bays and creek mouths.  Smallmouth bass in bays and shallow rocks.  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.