• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Oaks Closed To Fishing

Austin12345

I was looking at some old topics about North oaks fishing and Pleasant lake pretty intesting I happen to live in an extension of North Oaks and drives me crazy how some pepole are and just dont allow stuff so they can stay private I have heard there are some huge fish in Pleasnt though I know it is illagle to fish there but I have seen pepole fish it and was wondering about stories of guys fishing that lake?

• Thanks 1

I think North Oaks residents can fish it, but I don’t know that to be fact. My wife used to nanny for a family there years back, and I swear the dad talked about catching dandy walleyes out of pleasant.

• Thanks 1

I am not familiar at all with this lake, and area, but from the satellite images can't one access the lake per the culvert on the north end?  or find a nice person to give you access from their property.  Might be facing an uphill challenge I would imagine but you never know unless you ask and try.

• Thanks 1

Fishing is not allowed...this is from the DNR Lake Finder.  I don't think it has ever been legal at least not in my lifetime.  I also heard stories of people fishing it illegally and doing quite well.  When I was a kid my dad had a place on Snail Lake.  One year there was bad winter kill nothing left but bullheads and carp.  A 42" northern washed up dead on our shoreline and there was dead fish everywhere.  The DNR came by and I saw them dumping a huge amount of adult fish right next to the house.  I went and talked to them they said they netted them from pleasant.  I was the only one that knew it and I had a great summer of fishing that year pretty much alone on the lake.  Big northern, bass, and walleye that had never seen a lure before.

image.png.a556d91b576879753ecf7488cc3381f6.png

• Thanks 1

One year if North Oaks opens to fishing pleasnt will be the hottest lake in the state

• Wow, ❤ 1

Weird...how can a lake in MN be closed to fishing all year round?  Is there a hidden reason for this?  Can the local residents boat on the lake?

North Oaks is a private city you aint even suppoused to go in there if your not from it there I live there and I found out about 4 years ago not even residents can fish when I was at pleasent lake and the lifeguard told me I could not fish there theres a pretty big fine if you do. You cant even have a boat with a motor lots of guys still fish that lake in secret I have been tempted to but I thought it isnt worth the trouble any pepole from there walking by would probally call the police dont know why they are so strict but thats just the way it is I guess

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Water is drawn from this lake and Vadnais for drinking supply.  You cannot boat on either lake.  You can shore fish Vadnais not sure why you cannot shore fish Pleasant.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Pleasant is used as a giant rearing pond .  They get eggs out of Musky and use them to stock many lakes in the state. Have a friend who works the dnr detail and he said he has seen quite a few 50+  inchers there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1