• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

lakesareaoutdoors

Spring Smallmouth Fishing!

lakesareaoutdoors

Hey guys! Went just over the border to Lake Okoboji this past weekend in search of smallies! It was a blast. Water temps were 39-41 degrees. Had to work the crankbaits pretty slow. Caught a nice walleye on a ned rig as well! It was my first time on the lake. I'll be back for sure! Here's a video from my adventure:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 2

gimruis

Nice boat.  Could done without the peeps though, BARF 🤮

• Thumbs Up 1

Rick

Nice vid. Not sure what gimruis is talking about but to each their own 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

lakesareaoutdoors

Haha I knew putting in peeps in the video would set some people off! haha you love them our you hate them! Thanks for the views guys! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Rick G

Thanks for sharing. Cool video!

• Thumbs Up 1

IceHawk

Awesome video!

• Thumbs Up 1

lakesareaoutdoors

Thanks guys! Definitely looking to film more videos like this in the future. If anyone has feedback or ideas for future videos, I would love to hear them!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Coloradokid55
      By Coloradokid55
      Headed to Brainerd Area July 9-11 coming from Colorado to visit friends. Well actually my girlfriend is I am tagging along to hopefully catch some fish with my flyrod And or jigs. Seeking advice on which lakes and tactics and anything else helpful to help maximize fishing  time in your state. I will have access to a canoe on Hubert Lake. Any and all advice would be much appreciated if anyone is into flyfishing Stillwater and would like to go or show me some pointers on your home waters That would be awesome thanks looking forward to any responses.
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got out on Fathers day with the Kayak down the Mississippi River for some good ole Smallmouth Bass action. River was low which made a great float and the smallies were hungry! They just couldn't resist the wacky worm once again. We have such an amazing fishery here in MN, glad to call this state home.  Enjoy. 

• Salsballs93
      By Salsballs93
      Nice spots that are difficult to get to for shore fishing but accessible in a kayak or canoe? I've exhausted the shore fishing options and got a kayak to get out there. Info appreciated for any lakes within the metro but am primarily focused on ones easily accessed WITHIN the city, not the distant suburbs. Thanks!
    • Salsballs93
      By Salsballs93
      Recommendations for good kayak fishing in Minneapolis or St Paul (NOT a far drive, I live downtown but love the outdoors, so accessibility is key). Species doesn't matter a whole lot, love it all - bass, walleye, northern, musky. I'm aware of where I can get to with a kayak, but am curious if anyone is willing to share something a bit more precise from their personal experience in a kayak or boat. Thanks!
    • Well_Read_Redneck
      By Well_Read_Redneck
      The Largemouths have been biting more and more on Lake O'dowd in Shakopee.

I landed this dude at around 8:30 last night in about 4-7 feet of water using a Berkley plastic worm on a Texas Rig.

Lots of fun catching him from my kayak

The ruler is a little blurry, but I marked him at right around 17 inches.

• Djsnej123456
      By Djsnej123456
      How’s the bass fishing this year? Weeds? Water clarity? 
    • MNredneck
      By MNredneck
      I am going to cuyuna in a coule weeks and I am planning do do a little bit of fishing but am not much of a trout fisherman. Do the northerns and bass in the mine lakes have any size to them?
    • iStryka
      By iStryka
      I live in the keewaydin 55417 area and the family craves fishing, a lot of the lakes around the area are a bit high pressured it seems as we've been out as far as Lake Elmo, Clear Lake, Vadnais and Lake Peltier but to no avail ( 2-3 hours of fishing with only 1 catch on some days ) on sport fishes. Is there a creek/river/backwater that's accessable for shoreline fishing that's got good fights? I'm down for kayaking too since we have a Jackson Tuna and a F&S Shadowcaster but we don't have an anchor so river kayaking is a no go ( I'm a fairly large lazy dude ) for me.

Our next target area would be Cannon River south 30 minutes of us.

Happy Fishes everyone
      - Charlie
    • Tripp_315
      By Tripp_315
      Smallmouth seem to have lockjaw...  anyone figured them out and got on a good bite? 🤞
      Any tips for the Eastside ?
      Thanks in advance..

Tripp
    • Pong
      By Pong
      I've been out fishing recently and have been completely skunked from the bank and from a boat using ghost minnow colored squarebills, black jigs with green pumpkin trailers and white paddletails. What would you guys recommend I use from the bank and from a boat?
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SkunkedAgain
      I stayed up there for a week and a half....the hottest week and a half of my life. I need to move to Alaska!   I bought $40 worth of bait and used none of it. Quite the shame. I did have nieces and nephews up that loved being in the "bath water" of Vermilion. Water temps were consistently 80 degrees and above. I'll save my hard core fishing for later this summer and fall I guess. A lot of memories were made and I added three youngsters to the stable of first-time waterskiiers on the lake.    MarkB - your reports are always great to read. I'm glad to hear that you had some success.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I could be talking out of my rear end, but as a cautionary note, I thought that I remembered reading that many of the pit lakes carry invasive species. I think that the Rouchleau Pit has zebras. My only point is to be careful and read up on the pits before hopping from lake to lake or pit to pit.
    • Sunset Lodge
      7.6.20 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report   Minnesota Lake of the Woods Walleye action continues in less than 10’ casting Rapala’s, floating leeches or pulling crawlers in rocks and sand bays. Walleye are also showing back up on classic structure including points and main lake reefs. Trolling deep diving Rapala’s has been producing very large pike and slot walleye in 12 to 18 ft. of water.   Lake of the Woods Musky opener was successful in shallow, weeded areas. With one over 50” boated and the rare 49.5” as well as many mid 40” fish.   With water temps increasing into the high 70’s this week, Rock areas are heating up. Smaller bass sized baits and blades have been favored by these toothy critters. Current musky anglers are seeing up to 10 fish a day!
    • gimruis
      Rivers are low for this time of year.  Small crafts like kayaks, canoes, and jon boats are ideal for crushing these aggressive smallmouth.   You should be wearing your PFD in a kayak though.  If you flip in that thing, you're toast.
    • Salsballs93
      Thanks! I think the chain and river are pretty clearly the only viable options for my pursuit. Thanks all.
    • Little Blueberry
      any current musky info?  Looking for new water since can’t get to LOW.
    • h8go4s
      That will work for houseboating, but if you're camping you need a reservation. Can't just camp anywhere.
    • delcecchi
      Water was a little cooler today.   Still to hot to fish, and had grandkids here.    Finally some rain.  Looks like over an inch...  Maybe I won't need that extra dock section after all.  
    • Wanderer
      Looks like a pencil. 😉
    • Wanderer
      Hope y’all have had a great 5th too!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.