• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Things Of the Past you Remember

Anyone else here “Cruise Central”?

Central Avenue south of 694.  The 80’s version of American Graffiti and The Fast and the Furious.

• Thumbs Up 2

I remember Central Ave in mid to late 80's. 2 solids blocks of muscle cars smoking tires. I was in my teens driving a camaro and my buddy had a Judge. Fun times

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Collecting beer cans, go carts and minibikes, zebco 202 Mitchell 300 open face reels. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

empty or full cans icehawk????

my brother and I used to sell angleworms to the fisherman fishing the horseshoe chain. had an excellent location living on the main road heading into town!!!!!

mowing lawn for a buck a lawn.

spent many an hour fishing bullheads in the channel by channel marine and the river off the cement pilings where grandma used to live. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, BDR said:

I remember Central Ave in mid to late 80's. 2 solids blocks of muscle cars smoking tires. I was in my teens driving a camaro and my buddy had a Judge. Fun times

Always been googly eyed over the Judge!  Nice!  I had a Trans Am, a buddy had ‘68 Firebird with a built big block wedged in there.  Buddy’s BIL had a parade of cool cars in those days; Camaros, Road Runner, 442, and a big ‘ol Coronet 500 with a 440 he painted up real pretty.

2 hours ago, IceHawk said:

Collecting beer cans, go carts and minibikes, zebco 202 Mitchell 300 open face reels. 

Cone tops! 

And the reel that wound the line on backward, but sweet!

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 2

My folks would go to St Cloud about once a month, and if we were very lucky, they would bring home a case of pop from Minars bottling. The old wooden red cases.  You could still get a cone for 5 cents at the DQ on the corner of 33rd.

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad I don't remember those plaid pants. But I do remember that go devil mini bike. Folded up into a suitcase. 

IMG_57241.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

54 minutes ago, BDR said:

Glad I don't remember those plaid pants. But I do remember that go devil mini bike. Folded up into a suitcase. 

IMG_57241.png

Oh yeah. Plaid, bell bottoms, hip huggers, liesure suits,....

8-track tape.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

And don't forget plaid bell bottoms?

• Thumbs Up 1

Or blue suede shoes, cane poles, AC being an option on cars, spotlight on driver's door like the cops. Pop and beer cans needed an opener. The invention of fire?. Warmest clothes you had were your Dad's wool from WWll or Korea. Cameras that used film and the lense folded out of the camera body with a bellows(still have my Dad's). Flash bulbs. The invention of nylon frame backpacks.

• Yayyyy 1

Drinking the polio vaccine in elementary school.
The high bean switch was on the floor and activated by your left foot
Windshield washer pump was on the floor and activated by same left foot (this may have been an aftermarket add on)
You turned on the tv about 5 minutes before the show so it could warm up
Bomb scares at school
When Title IX took effect the girls basketball team got the time after school to practice forcing the boys freshman team to practice before school
When Lindy Rigs and back trolling became popular
Watching all the old sitcoms in prime time
Star Trek’s original episodes
Tennis shoes were for PhyEd at school, then you could wear them the next summer
Fishing with cane poles
Gold Bond and S&H Green Stamps

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Rick said:

Buck Perry.

Speed and depth control.   I still have a spoonplugging rod with metered mono and spoonplugs as well somewhere around here.

• Yayyyy 1

15 hours ago, Rick said:

Buck Perry.

Just read his bio on wiki, super interesting guy and still living at 104 ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember growing up watching him one of my inspirations as a kid to fish!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

2 hours ago, Borch said:

Speed and depth control.   I still have a spoonplugging rod with metered mono and spoonplugs as well somewhere around here.

LOL, me too.

I bought his whole course on structure fishing when I was 18. He covered most fishing scenarios. 

Pretty sure that's where the Lindner's cut their teeth along with Fishing Facts.

• Thumbs Up 1

My dad attended one of his in the water trainings on Lake Pepin.  Lots of good anglers were there. 

Catching lightning bugs AKA firefly's as kids  a rare sight anymore at least in my neck of woods

Edited by IceHawk

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
Just now, IceHawk said:

Catching lightning bugs AKA firefly's  a rare sight anymore

Usually plenty close to home in June. 

1 hour ago, rumeye said:

Pfeiffer's beer yuck?

hey...…. 3 cases of bottles for 9.99. best I could do in high....er after I turned 18!!!!!!!!!!?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

3.50 for case of camels.  

That reminds me writing snowmobile companies begging for there patches so you could dress up your old snowmobile suit. Kind of like us fisherman in todays world ? The more stickers we have on buckets trailers boats vehicles the more we feel like pros LOL!  The old ski doo bombadiers  Moti SKIS Artic Cat Jags John Deere Tanks with reverse  Scorpion Stingers Rupps to name a few.

• l Love It 1