• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

dutchboy II

What is your personal best Minnesota Pike? Were you targeting Pike when you caught it?

Mine is 42" from a shallow lake North of me. It was very skinny for a 42" fish. I caught it while fishing for Bass on a spinnerbait. Water was very warm and unfortunately I wasn't able to revive it. I contrast that to a 42" Pike caught in Canada trolling. That fish absolutely stopped the bait on the strike.

Learned a very good lesson that day. Always have a decent size net in the boat, the fish don't know what species you are after.

• Thumbs Up 2
whateverisbiting

Mine in MN is only 35" and caught at least 3 that big targeting pike, though I don't intentionally target large pike and am not a fan of musky fishing.  I've netted up to 38" for others in MN.  In Canada it is 45".  Talk about not a big enough net!  My younger brother was the net man and when he saw it coming up with the mouth open he turned around and handed the net to my other brother.  Net did not work anyway we had to grab it almost swamped the boat.  Happily let it go unharmed fortunately.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
eyeguy 54

Two at 41 inches. Red lake and mille lacs. First one when fishing for eyes. Second one chasing northern with tip up. 17 pounds from Red. Didn’t weigh the one from mille lacs. 

5667D5C9-0B2C-4B41-8018-0EC285F6273F.jpeg

DC9D714F-70BB-4374-8B98-737B042F5080.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4
eyeguy 54

Yes thats a fake background. 😉

• Yayyyy 1
  • Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk

My two personal best from MN all caught accidently walleye fishing. Never personally Target pike in  MN. Only place I have is Canada. First one was a 42 inch CPR on the Horseshoe chain of lakes right around 20lbs in OCT pitching Husky jerks up on a shallow sand flat targeting eyes, That one stopped it felt like I hooked a tree 👍. Second personal MN best came up on Rainy River Spring 41 3/4 never weighed it, pitching a 3/8 ounce jig and  B-fish-N pulse R for eyes. Didn't hit as hard but fought hard especially in the river current. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1
dutchboy II

Your Mille Lacs fish is a chunk!

Your Red Lake fish looks like the 42" I got in Minnesota. That one also was around 17#.

• Thumbs Up 2
dutchboy II

Hawk, 20# in Minnesota really is a trophy! I always thought there were good Pike in the Horseshoe chain when I fished it but never really got into any. Thanks for replying.

• Thanks 1
eyeguy 54
40 minutes ago, dutchboy II said:

Your Mille Lacs fish is a chunk!

Your Red Lake fish looks like the 42" I got in Minnesota. That one also was around 17#.

We estimated between 20 and 21 but will never know. May as well add a musky pic. Never did catch one while targeting them. Lol. Got this one on Leech. 8 feet of water. 8 pound test. 1/8 oz jig with fathead. 48 incher. Lol. A day of 8’s. 

5A72A40D-6A8E-41B8-9352-D463FAFA8EB9.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
IceHawk
Posted (edited)

Thread Hi-jacking didn't we just have this discussion 😂  And to believe you were the one who brought it up last night! 😀 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Yayyyy 2
eyeguy 54

This is related material. . 🤪😂

ANYFISH2

Can not seem to find my old 35mm picture.  

My personal best was just shy of 41". On Basswood lake, fishing tip-ups with frozen Cisco.  Fun trips back in the day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1
eyeguy 54
1 hour ago, IceHawk said:

Thread Hi-jacking didn't we just have this discussion 😂  And to believe you were the one who brought it up last night! 😀 

ha! 😁

0C1099E4-4DD4-4B9D-967E-5C811FF2D880.jpeg

Wanderer

Nice pikes!

41 inches for me.  Caught on a buck tail on East Rush Lake casting for muskies.  On another day I got a 41 inch muskie from the same spot on a Rapala fishing for pike. 😀  Pics are on an SD card.  Somewhere...

• Thumbs Up 1
IceHawk
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dutchboy II said:

What is your personal best Minnesota Pike? Were you targeting Pike when you caught it?

Royce - Doesn't look like SKI to me or am I wrong 😂 You been caught LOL!😉

Edited by IceHawk
IceHawk
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

ha! 😁

0C1099E4-4DD4-4B9D-967E-5C811FF2D880.jpeg

Read his post again HA!!!!!!!!😉

Edited by IceHawk
dutchboy II
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Doesn't look like SKI to me or am I wrong 😂 You been caught LOL!

I'm new here and having a hard time figuring out how to navigate this site.  I this directed to me? If so, I'm not sure what I been caught at.  🤔

Edited by dutchboy II
IceHawk
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dutchboy II said:

I'm new here and having a hard time figuring out how to navigate this site.  I this directed to me? If so, I'm not sure what I been caught at.  🤔

Not at all Dutch just giving Royce some crap for posting a ski pick in your Topic best MN Pike? Few of us had a little discussion last night in the kayak section 😂😂

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1
eyeguy 54

Yep. We have more fun 😁😁. I cant read or type very well so i get off topic at times. Welcome aboard dbII

smalliehunter

G0055499.thumb.JPG.472cb8f0f27d7e9fa1c1c147e5d86cad.JPGG0055500.thumb.JPG.8f377200e3c2247d37238e0cf136a271.JPGno length, no weight.  Thought I had caught a new state record smallmouth lol.  Have never caught another northern or any other type of fish other than smallmouth off that spot still to this day.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1
Wanderer

😲 Yowza, what a fatty!  What model Buick was inside???

• Yayyyy 2
gimruis

43 inches out of Mille Lacs in the year 2000.  Was muskie fishing with my family.  I was disappointed that it wasn't a muskie.

Its become more difficult to crack the 35 inch barrier every year around here, however.  Especially within a reasonable distance of my house in the west metro.  About once a year I get one that's in the mid 30 inch range.  I never specifically target them but almost always run into at least a few when I'm bass or muskie fishing, most of which are the skinny 20 inch snakes that wreck lures and trim lines.

• Thanks 1
dutchboy II

Thanks guys, hopefully we have the opportunity to catch more personal bests this year.  👍

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1
IceHawk

Agree looking forward to it! 

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Rick

My best was a 41" 18lb bruiser out of French lake ice fishing. 

• Thumbs Up 4