• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Mark Jurgensen

Any fishing being done on Cedar Lake in New Prague.

Mark Jurgensen

Need to get out for a while.  Any fishing being done on Cedar Lake in New Prague.

• I Like it 1

Rick

Welcome to FM @Mark Jurgensen.

Been years since I fished it. It's pretty much a bowl except a small submerged hump kinda south. The lake does produce nice fish but can be difficult due to lack of structure or anything to hold fish.

Yhe hump is small and heavily pressured.

So just get out and move around until you find them.

Trolling works.

Mark Jurgensen

New to the area and recently divorced so no boat the time.  Is fishing from the shore by the park on the south side a good place to start?

Rick

As good as any if the wind is somewhat blowing into it.

JstanK

Get any crappie? 

Supposedly they've been on a tear as of late but you might have to do some sorting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Daniel Hayes
      By Daniel Hayes
      looking to try cut bait for catfishing. Usual use nightcrawlers or stink bait, but am looking to filter the Rockbass and small cats. 
      I'm gunna buy a couple decoy suckers and use. But am wondering how to humanely kill and cut up? Or do I just cut umm alive while flopping like a serial killer?
    • flx
      By flx
      Any spots around Farmington to set up nice crayfish spots? Or any spots around here? 
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A very successful week for Lake of the Woods anglers.  Great walleye fishing continues with best success in 17-28 feet of water, with walleyes also being caught shallower.  A number of areas along the south shore from Pine Island, Morris Point, Zippel Bay, Long Point and Rocky Point are producing.  Knight / Bridges Island area also still holds good numbers and size of fish.  Anchored up and vertical jigging, drifting crawler harnesses and pulling crankbaits all working.  Gold / pink  / orange / glow all working well.  A nice mix of eaters, slot fish to be released between 19.5" and 28" and a good number of trophies over 28".  As last week, big pike and jumbo in the mix.  
      On the Rainy River...   Most walleyes are being targeted and caught in the lake.  There is always a population of resident walleyes that live in the river.  Best depth is 12-24'.  Jigs and minnows working the best however trolling a crankbait and covering water is also effective.  Smallmouth bass near rocky structure.   Good pike hanging in and adjacent to bays.  The sturgeon season is closed until July 1st when the season re-opens.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake and stay in MN waters.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.  
      Fishing continues to be excellent.  Walleyes being caught on 5-7' flats with snelled spinners and crankbaits as well as jigging rocky points in 10 - 20 feet of water.  Walleyes being caught in many different areas on the Minnesota side.  Pike in bays and creek mouths.  Water temps 55-57 degrees. 

• chopper72
      By chopper72
      I am going up to camp in the middle of June.  Anybody have any suggestions about baits and depths etc. for Walleyes and Bass?
    • Squirt
      By Squirt
      Going to lake vermillion for the first time. June 13. Staying near Arrow Head Point, Isle of Pines. Only have a small boat with 15 HP so looking for some tips for where to go for big pike that is reasonably close given my boat. I do not mind a drive, but I know how conditions can get on big water.  I also plan to go to Trout Lake (reason for bringing the small boat) If anyone has tips on Trout Lake for Pike.  Thanks and #tightlines!
    • Philco
      By Philco
      I just moved to Minnesota, I live in Maplewood and looking for somewhere near by to fish for catfish from the shore. Any suggestions?
    • Dave Bonjour
      By Dave Bonjour
      im, new to this sight,and my wife and i will be going to Lake Osakis for a few days in mid June to target walleye and crappie,any tips and hints will be helpful,,Thanks
    • DonkeyHodey
      By DonkeyHodey
      Don’t ya love when the weather forecasters are wrong?  S’pose to rain all weekend, but we were blessed with overcast/partly sunny weather.

Over the weekend, we fished around on 3 little lakes (all <200 acres) in Bemidji area (Clearwater county).  One lake was already up to 66 degrees in the middle! 
      Most vegetation is still low except a few lily pads were just hitting the surface at the shallows; bulrushes are still dried/brown.  With the warmer weather this week, I’ll bet the lakes will start filling out with vegetation in a matter of days and probably be growing fast.

Sunny/crappie bite was nice on Sat; dead on Sunday—had to work to find them though.  (Morning bites were poor--Afternoons much better.  Evening is always good…)
      (males were staging; females weren’t around yet)  Their location varied between hugging emergent bulrushes to being suspended at ~8 feet in ~15 feet of water.  (the suspended ones weren’t biting, though)  We were using slip bobbers with 1/32 flu flus and nightcrawlers.
      Found some nice perch hugging the bottom in 7-10 FOW jigging with 1/16 pink/white beetle-bou jigs.

Once sonny boy starting catching northerns casting a shad rap, then princess wanted to catch a nort too; so our fishing trip shifted from casting bobbers to trolling with spoons and the norts were very cooperative—getting 1-2 strikes every time down a simple shoreline of ~100 yds.  Norties were fat and healthy!
      Princess caught her PB northern!

Hoping to be back fishing around in Stearns and Morrison county (central MN) this weekend and got another getaway planned for next week.  Happy Fishing!
    • Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      The other boats I've owned had the bow roller positioned so the roller hits the keel when the boat is snubbed up, not the bow eye.

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      I'm located in the Cities, but if anyone on the Vermilion forum (or around the metro) has one of those swim platforms that isn't being used, I am in the market.
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.