• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

eyeguy 54

Springtime Birds

eyeguy 54

should be some new arrivals before long. Post pics 😁

• Yayyyy 1

IceHawk

Have a pair of Eurasian collared doves been hanging out at my feeders lately. I'll try and get a pic of them. Kind of strange never saw them before this year. Must be nesting somewhere nearby. Also saw my first killdeer other day. All sorts of ducks in full plumage have been bombing the river behind my house quite the site!

• Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

They are neat looking 

IceHawk

My neighbor was telling me they are a invasive species? They want you to eliminate them.  I told him leave them alone 😀 they sure are pretty and fairly big. First time I have ever seen some. 

Mike89

seen them too, now I know the difference!!!  interesting!!!  thanks!!

eyeguy 54
Posted (edited)

Not sure who would want them eliminated. Gotta love the doves. Kinda sound like an owl. 

Edited by eyeguy 54

eyeguy 54

Nice to see a sap sucker today 

41a.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

PeachyHans

The red-wing blackbirds and robin's are back at my feeders with the dark eyed juncos hopping around. Lots of yellow finches this year! Plus I could have sworn I heard a sandhill crane the other day while hiking. 

• I Like it 1

eyeguy 54
Posted (edited)

Nice the goldies are starting to color up again. They ate well here this winter. Cranes sound so cool!

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

:)

43a.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

eyeguy 54

I hear a morning dove to the north and a Eurasian collared dove to the south a bit. Cool!!!  I wish I could see them. Having a small fire and beer in back. 

C6C7915A-D348-4DC4-87C6-299208FEABAF.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1
  • l Love It 1

Mike89

just seen the first loon of the year on the lake!!!

• Yayyyy 1

SkunkedAgain

There were about 5 or 6 northern flickers in my yard today. They were pecking the ground and flying back to the safety tree every time the squirrel got too close. I'll pull out the camera tomorrow if they are back.

• Yayyyy 1

PeachyHans

I heard/spotted a loon on medicine lake the other day. What a pleasant surprise!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

ANYFISH2

About 1000(estimate of ourse

)starlings in the trees Yesterday morning.  Blackened the ski when they would take off circle and land again.  

I do think that was the biggest group I have ever seen, Loud too!

• Wow, ❤ 1

IceHawk
Posted (edited)

Any sightings of hummingbirds yet or orioles? None around my neck of wood yet still a little chilly I assume but should be on there way. Man I wish I would get cardinals one bird that doesn't frequent my backyard feeders. Crazy I'm not far from river and I have feed on ground platforms etc. Just don't understand. Robins have been having a field day on my  jelly feeders lately watching them as I type out my patio window right now. 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1

Borch

We never had cardinals and now the past years they have been taking up residence and we have several nesting pairs.  Love their spring song and they sure are pretty.  I haven't seen any Orioles yet but they usually show up mid to late April.  Hummingbirds usually not until early May.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike89
49 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Any sightings of hummingbirds yet or orioles? None around my neck of wood yet still a little chilly I assume but should be on there way. Man I wish I would get cardinals one bird that doesn't frequent my backyard feeders. Crazy I'm not far from river and I have feed on ground platforms etc. Just don't understand. Robins have been having a field day on my  jelly feeders lately watching them as I type out my patio window right now. 

try a different seed and they like to ground feed too..  we will have to wait a bit for the hummers and orioles I think...

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54
Posted (edited)

Oil sunflowers Chris. And a feeder with a ledge. cardinals don’t like a post. And like Mike said they ground feed a lot. Also love meal worms but so do robins. Millet will bring in the sparrows. Even oils on a board will work. But some kind of roof for rain. Look for them dusk and dawn till they get used to your feeders. Hummers and orioles usually show up around mid may for us with orioles first but close to same time as hummers. Grosbeaks love the oils also. A rare treat for us has been the scarlet tanager. Cool bird! The second pic shows what ground is like under four feeders. 😁

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

Goldies are getting better looking every day. 

414g.jpg

414h.jpg

414i.jpg

414j.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

eyeguy 54

cowbird made it to yard

419.jpg

419b.jpg

419c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

eyeguy 54

Saw a yellow rumped warbler this morning. Heard the Eurasian collared dove again yesterday and spotted it but no pic. Heard it again just a bit ago and almost straight up above the feeders and it posed a bit. :) Love the sound they make. 

421a.jpg

421b.jpg

421c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

chaffmj

This guy came to the front door at 6:00 this morning. 

DSC02623.thumb.JPG.7eb3fe0ef8fa4e98a8ae02618f347e1c.JPG

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

Djsnej123456
Posted (edited)

How’s it going everyone, Dustin here.  I’ve been poking around many of the topic forums and even posted a couple myself. I enjoy the openness and kindness of the people on here. Since I bought my home 7 years ago in Faribault I have grown to enjoy the bird life in my backyard. It’s truly become a passion of mine I never saw coming. Being honest, I grew up in the country in NE Iowa as a kid shooting sparrows with my BB gun every chance I got. Now I enjoy them all. I have several feeders up on my hillside. Suets, black sunflower seeds, mixed nut and fruit, thistle seed, dried mealworms and hummingbird feeder, lol. This year so far I have my usual chickadees, nuthatch, cardinals, several woodpeckers and recently gold finch made their appearance. I have a pair of doves that have been here for a couple weeks, never had them around before. Also some robins which are everywhere but never seemed to be in my yard in the past. Sorry for the rambling but I just figured I’d chime in and join the conversation. Thanks 

Edited by Djsnej123456
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mike89

was just watching 4 pelicans out front and seen something new to me!!  the wind is low today so they are a ways and they lay their head on their back and snooze a way..  they drift close to shore they paddle out and do it again...  

• Thumbs Up 2