• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Rick

Changing Times - Being Grateful - FM Journal

Rick

During these changing times due to the pandemic and economic issues...

Can you help others here by letting us know....

What are you grateful for?

It would be great if we could see what you are appreciative of everyday. Kind of a community journal. 

For inspiration and a time to reflect on the wonderful things that surround us during changing times.

gimruis

I'm grateful for my dog too.  She listens better than my kid, she's calmer, she generally doesn't bother me, and when its time to go fishing or hunting, she springs into action with more excitement than I do.

boat dog.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Rick

Day 3

Even with social distancing, I am very thankful for 4 friends, God placed on this earth, who romped outdoors with me. Darrell, Tim, Ryan and Zach. 

My daughter made a funny video making her special iced coffee. It made me laugh. If I can get it from her, I will post it.

Please look for something, anything you have to be thankful for in the moment, everyday...then...

Share your story here in this journal, please.

Frankly, your posts help myself and many others. 

• Thumbs Up 4

jigginjim

So far we can still go fish, but there are restrictions limited areas for walleye and pike fishing. As minnesota has closed seasons for our game fish, there is still panfish and catfishing to to be done. Although not many people fish cats as a food sores in this state I do feel many are missing out. I have even thought of trapping Crawfish, another species not gone after. Crawfish boils in Minnesota are not heard of, although there are crawfish that many did not know.
I am doing taxidermy on fish and other critters that came in during the winter months. Soon I will be mounting up the bison head that came in. All before I start getting on the water for my fishing guide service. Our lakes are starting to break up in ice covering, just thinking three weeks ago, I was driving my pick-up and Ice Castle wheel house across and lake.

I look forward to getting on the water soon or even just dawning my chest waders and walking the

shores.   I am amazed as the amount of aluminum cans along with other trash , I have picked up at public accesses. I started refilling my own 1lb propane, though they may only fill 2/3's the total amount, it's better than throwing them in the trash. I also refill my propane tanks through a filter system, which may cause for less gas going into the tanks which is fine with me.  Easier to carry a couple small tanks for early river float fishing.

• Thumbs Up 4

SkunkedAgain

I'm thankful that I got out of New Jersey safely and virus free, right before the anvil dropped. I then visited my elderly parents in Wisconsin and am extremely thankful that I didn't have any viruses to pass on to them. I know some people that have already died from this thing and know of quite a few others that are on ventilators in NJ and NY. 

I am also thankful for internet forums like this one, that keep my mind focused on other stuff! Thanks Rick.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

mrpike1973

Great picture, to me that says it all what life is about

• Thumbs Up 3
  • I Like it 1

Rick

Day 4

Very happy that each of you are here, reading and sharing. Such an awesome caring group and tough as nails to boot!

You definitely have more fun. You're much more interesting than you likely realize.

Thanks everyone!

What do you have to be grateful for?

• Thumbs Up 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Borch
      By Borch
      Hope everyone has a fun and 4th July!  
    • james_walleye
      By james_walleye
      What you guys think? Someone sunk a boat? 

• Kettle
      By Kettle
      Happy Independence Day to my fellow FM friends! 🇺🇲 🦅
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I can’t find varmint loads any where, Any help? 
    • Kettle
      By Kettle
      Selling my Vexilar FL-12, new ice ducer two years ago and new battery two years ago. Has battery indicator as well as quick connect charger although I've charged with gator clips. $225.00. Works as it should, finally finished school so upgrading. PM me if intrested

• inshal
      By inshal
      Buy the best fishing reels for the big brands like penn daiwa okuma and kastking under 30$
      10 top fishing Reels under 30$
    • Bmiller1981
      By Bmiller1981
      Hey everyone,
      Normally I don’t ask for help but I’ve been skunked last three summers on Side lake / Sturgeon Lake Chain for walleye.  I’ve spent most time on Big Sturgeon and Side for eyes but have come up short. I’m heading up for a long weekend and hoping to change my luck with some advice.  I’d appreciate anything as it’s been a grind... thanks !!
    • Julie Thymian
      By Julie Thymian
      Shore fishing 
    • Dadman2017
      By Dadman2017
      Headed up to Duluth area tomorrow, want to wet a line. No boat. Anyone wanna share a bite?  Will traverse any country for some filets!!!
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      I have only fished for catfish on the chain I would like to try for bass. I would assume to use bright colors spinner baits, cranks, I wouldn't think it would do well for wacky worms etc. try the weed edges first? I don't want your spots just some ideas of how to get them Thanks.
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      I don’t know many who reload 
    • DavidA
      I’ll be on Birch Lake - Ely - in late July. Anyone familiar with good spots? 
    • Poutwhacker
      We bring a weather and an FM radio. Cell phone coverage is sporadic, but you can find a signal almost anywhere (but usually it originates from Canada). Bad weather can come in a hurry, so it is nice to be able to know what is coming in advance.
    • Grainbelt
      Do you know anyone who reloads? Ammo has been bought up with the civil unrest currently going on.
    • BirchPtMike
      I would agree with James about tough bite. The last few days have been tough. You wont see those mayflies in Big Bay, because they all hatched last week. We have had high heat no wind to go with mayflies,then fish flies so I think that explains the problem. It will get better soon as minnows become primary food source for eyes. Wont see you out there for a while as I have to leave for a week. Good Luck !!
    • monstermoose78
      Lots of people looking just no posts
    • Wishin4Walleyes
      Unfortunately this forum has gone really quiet. All lake superior users moved to the Facebook group:(
    • Muskies
    • ManBearPig
      I may not get a chance to fish Leech before this fall, but I still really liked reading your report Joe.  Thank you for posting.
    • ManBearPig
      One more question about communication and weather alerts on eastern Rainy Lake.   We could occasionally get  an AT&T signal, especially after we had signed up for the Canadian signal.  We were about 16 miles east of the visitor center, and at the Kemp Channel entrance.  The signal strength kinda depended on weather conditions and time of day.   I am looking at the possibility of getting a weather alert radio.  It states:  Public Alert Certified Weather Radio, Receives all 7 NOAA Weather Channel and Reports.  It is also an AM/FM radio.  Does this actually work in the mid-lake area, or would you recommend something different?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.