• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Rick

Changing Times - Being Grateful - FM Journal

Rick

During these changing times due to the pandemic and economic issues...

Can you help others here by letting us know....

What are you grateful for?

It would be great if we could see what you are appreciative of everyday. Kind of a community journal. 

For inspiration and a time to reflect on the wonderful things that surround us during changing times.

gimruis

I'm grateful for my dog too.  She listens better than my kid, she's calmer, she generally doesn't bother me, and when its time to go fishing or hunting, she springs into action with more excitement than I do.

boat dog.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Rick

Day 3

Even with social distancing, I am very thankful for 4 friends, God placed on this earth, who romped outdoors with me. Darrell, Tim, Ryan and Zach. 

My daughter made a funny video making her special iced coffee. It made me laugh. If I can get it from her, I will post it.

Please look for something, anything you have to be thankful for in the moment, everyday...then...

Share your story here in this journal, please.

Frankly, your posts help myself and many others. 

• Thumbs Up 4

jigginjim

So far we can still go fish, but there are restrictions limited areas for walleye and pike fishing. As minnesota has closed seasons for our game fish, there is still panfish and catfishing to to be done. Although not many people fish cats as a food sores in this state I do feel many are missing out. I have even thought of trapping Crawfish, another species not gone after. Crawfish boils in Minnesota are not heard of, although there are crawfish that many did not know.
I am doing taxidermy on fish and other critters that came in during the winter months. Soon I will be mounting up the bison head that came in. All before I start getting on the water for my fishing guide service. Our lakes are starting to break up in ice covering, just thinking three weeks ago, I was driving my pick-up and Ice Castle wheel house across and lake.

I look forward to getting on the water soon or even just dawning my chest waders and walking the

shores.   I am amazed as the amount of aluminum cans along with other trash , I have picked up at public accesses. I started refilling my own 1lb propane, though they may only fill 2/3's the total amount, it's better than throwing them in the trash. I also refill my propane tanks through a filter system, which may cause for less gas going into the tanks which is fine with me.  Easier to carry a couple small tanks for early river float fishing.

• Thumbs Up 4

SkunkedAgain

I'm thankful that I got out of New Jersey safely and virus free, right before the anvil dropped. I then visited my elderly parents in Wisconsin and am extremely thankful that I didn't have any viruses to pass on to them. I know some people that have already died from this thing and know of quite a few others that are on ventilators in NJ and NY. 

I am also thankful for internet forums like this one, that keep my mind focused on other stuff! Thanks Rick.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

mrpike1973

Great picture, to me that says it all what life is about

• Thumbs Up 3
  • I Like it 1

Rick

Day 4

Very happy that each of you are here, reading and sharing. Such an awesome caring group and tough as nails to boot!

You definitely have more fun. You're much more interesting than you likely realize.

Thanks everyone!

What do you have to be grateful for?

• Thumbs Up 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      The other boats I've owned had the bow roller positioned so the roller hits the keel when the boat is snubbed up, not the bow eye.

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      I'm located in the Cities, but if anyone on the Vermilion forum (or around the metro) has one of those swim platforms that isn't being used, I am in the market.
    • Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      New 2020 1875 Pro Guide. Helix 12 Mega SI graph. Can't read bottom when up on plane. I was going to adjust the transducer and this is what I found. Isn't the first rule in transducer placement to put it where there is "clean", undisturbed water flow?? It is below the bottom of the boat, maybe too far. It's a side imaging transducer so I feel the riggers wanted it close to the center of the boat. Where have others placed a side imaging transducer and have it read bottom when up on plane? I don't think you can move it closer to the center line. If you move it to the left of it's current position, the is the power strake in the front 1/3 of the boat. Any help is appreciated!!

• Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      New 2020 boat. Livewell is leaking into the boat. Upon further review I found the leak. It's on the white fitting of the recirculation system where the water goes back into the livewell. I'm sure the rigger broke the little nipple on the right side when he installed the fuel/water separating filter as the gray gas line is right there. My question is where does the tubing from the little nipple go? The front livewell?

• Vlewis128
      By Vlewis128
      Hi all. I am currently at Rush Lake near Perham at Four Seaons Resort. We’ve been here three days and have caught basically nothing. Can anyone give me some advice on walleyes here? Where to go and good baits for this lake? I’ll take any advice on any type of fish you might experience with on this lake. Never been here before.....
    • Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      Has anybody used these Felpro washers? My kid's Corollas oem washer is coated aluminum. This Felpro is a synthetic material. I mistakenly ordered it from Rock Auto. Not a big loss if I chuck them and get the oem ones. OEM on the left. Felpro on the right.

• Beinglis23
      By Beinglis23
      which Bait is best for rainbow and brown trout
    • yoppdk
      By yoppdk
      I have TWO new Adirondack Chair and Table sets available for immediate sale. Both sets include two chairs and a ceramic-top table. One set also includes a pair of matching footrests.
      These sets are constructed of weather-resistant Canadian cedar which will last many years. The chair frames and armrests use 2 x 6 and 2 x 8 lumber making them the sturdiest Adirondack chairs available. They are also coated with a minimum of two coats of premium deck/furniture stain and assembled using only rust-proof coated deck screws.

The chairs are designed to accommodate most individuals from petite to XXXL and have a contoured seat and back so you can comfortably sit in these for hours. All edges and sitting surfaces are rounded and sanded smooth for added comfort.
      These are available for immediate pick-up in the Grand Rapids area ... or I can deliver within a 15 mile radius at no charge. Delivery beyond 15 miles of Grand Rapids is also available for a nominal charge.

Full Set - $800:
      - 2 Adirondack Chairs
      - 2 Matching Footrests
      - 1 Matching Ceramic-topped Side Table

Chair/Table Set - $600
      - 2 Adirondack Chairs
      - 1 Matching Ceramic-topped Side Table

These are available as sets only. However I can build separate pieces to your order.

Please PM me for questions or with orders. First come, first served. New orders typically take 3 or 4 weeks.

• burgoyne
      By burgoyne
      Hey all, I’m new to the state (moved here from Ontario) and am in the Eagan area. I was sad to find that my boat is a little large for most lakes within a short drive (20-30 minutes), so I bought a kayak. The boat will get saved for trips up north. 

Anyways, I was hoping to get some info on lakes/ rivers to try around Eagan. I don’t need specific spots, just lakes that hold fish. Was hoping for walleye/ crappie/ pike. 

Any tips would be appreciated! 
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      Just wondering which one seems the best so far the Shadow rap seems more versatile The husky jerks to me seem a little hard to get to track straight. Thoughts? 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JBMasterAngler
      Well, the highway 70 access won me over yesterday, only to break my heart today. I should have seen the warning signs at the start of the day. Get to the launch, get everything ready, about to put boat in the water...forgot the life jackets! 😫 I drove to the Walmart in Pine City and bought 2 life jackets! Finally got on the water. Was a nice boat ride upstream. Was hoping maybe to make it all the way up to the mouth of the Snake River. Probably made it halfway before it got too shallow. I most likely could have made it through had I had more ambition, but we needed to start fishing. Hooked into a few fish right away, but lost them. I’m pretty sure one was a small muskie. Ended up drifting all the way back to boat launch, and only caught 2 fish! And both were just a couple hundred yards up from the launch! Was a smallie and a little walleye. So yes, slow day indeed. Looks like a nice trail system at the access though. Might have to plan a hike there this summer.  
    • chopper72
      I am going up to camp in the middle of June.  Anybody have any suggestions about baits and depths etc. for Walleyes and Bass?
    • Muskies
      May 31...Another beautiful afternoon on rainy lake with my wife...fishing east end this time...out for 4 hours 20+ walleyes and one 30” northern. Surface water temperature 65 degrees in 10-14 feet...jigs and chubs...Cajun batter on the fillets...
    • Wanderer
      Looks too low to me too.
    • Squirt
      Going to lake vermillion for the first time. June 13. Staying near Arrow Head Point, Isle of Pines. Only have a small boat with 15 HP so looking for some tips for where to go for big pike that is reasonably close given my boat. I do not mind a drive, but I know how conditions can get on big water.  I also plan to go to Trout Lake (reason for bringing the small boat) If anyone has tips on Trout Lake for Pike.  Thanks and #tightlines!
    • rayguy
      Heading up to chain for a couple weeks.  Need some general info on the panfish bite.  They still shallow?  Got a couple grandkids coming up and any info sent on the panfish action will be appreciated.  Thanks   Ray guy
    • walros
      Maybe see if you slide the winch back on the tongue an inch or two. The roller needs to contact the boat to keep it from bouncing. Should check to make sure the rear bunk rollers line up with the rear transom for stability.  
    • gunner55
      Every rig we've owned the roller is above the eye & snug to the boat when it's loaded.
    • h8go4s
      https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing_piers/index.html
    • Cheers
      I looked at my rig yesterday . It is a matched boat/trailer package from Lund . My roller is above the eye but snug onto the bow , probably an inch maybe more, higher than yours.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.