• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

smurfy

Thorne bros rods

smurfy
Posted (edited)

i remember icehawk mentioning he had a few. anyone else.?????

how are they to deal with , i somehow broke my little sweetpea rod up north this past weekend!!!!!!!!😡😤🤧 i dont see my wife ever hitting the ice again so i may jest steal hers, but am thinking of replacing it. i'm not looking to have them replace it free, but a good deal on a new one would make me happy. the rods a bought from them where made by the dude in the wheelchair at the time!!!!!!!!

any heads up would be great.

Edited by smurfy

IceHawk
Posted (edited)

Keep your Rod Smurf take it with you down there. They can use your components eye guides and handle to build you a new one. In fact any kind you want all they would have to add would b maybe couple eye guides, if you go with a longer blank.  Be a lot cheaper if they use some of your components Lonnie is the man you want to talk to. I always go down and personally Talk to him so we can come up with the right rod setup action I'm after according to presentation and species targeted. 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rick

Yep, what IceHawk said. Thorne Bros and Lonnie make some of the best Ice Rods anywhere.

The best part is if you go down there and talk to Lonnie you can tell him in detail what you want to use it for and you will get a fine tuned rod in return.

The sweetpea rod was one sweet pea. :D 

smurfy
3 hours ago, IceHawk said:

Keep your Rod Smurf take it with you down there. They can use your components eye guides and handle to build you a new one. In fact any kind you want all they would have to add would b maybe couple eye guides, if you go with a longer blank.  Be a lot cheaper if they use some of your components Lonnie is the man you want to talk to. I always go down and personally Talk to him so we can come up with the right rod setup action I'm after according to presentation and species targeted. 

thanks for the heads up bud!!!!!!!!👍👍 it just so happens to be not that far out of my way when I do some of my errand runs for the union hall!!!!!!!😜 go figure!!!!!!

• I Like it 1

IceHawk

Anytime 👍 Been there on a broken rod, Had a brand new sweetheart  made one year. Had a good crappie bite going that my permanent was on. Pops wanted to go so we went handed him my new rod never used to try, he steps in house  door closes I hear crunch! He looks at me in amazement  and all I could do is laugh.$ 100 gone, but I guess it was cheaper than some of the stuff I trashed of his back when I was a kid. Especially putting his car into a telephone pole 😂

• Yayyyy 2

smurfy
25 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Anytime 👍 Been there on a broken rod, Had a brand new sweetheart  made one year. Had a good crappie bite going that my permanent was on. Pops wanted to go so we went handed him my new rod never used to try, he steps in house  door closes I hear crunch! He looks at me in amazement  and all I could do is laugh.$ 100 gone, but I guess it was cheaper than some of the stuff I trashed of his back when I was a kid. Especially putting his car into a telephone pole 😂

Yea you were a helliant back in the day.😂

• Yayyyy 1

smurfy

Just maybe I could get them to throw in a tungsten jig to!!😁🤣

• Wow, ❤ 1

Borch

I have several.  Perch sweethearts and a 36" panfish sweetheart get used most.  Dug out my little sweet pea last weekend to do some sight fishing but the water got dirty in us so it didn't get much use.  Been moving to rods I've made personally lately. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• TomWehler
      By TomWehler
      So yesterday I cover up as told. Went to bank at noon to get some ca$h an the counter chix had a fit. After finish my biz head for truck n small town Squat Team waiting for me by truck!!   
      Barney, Gomer, Floyd, Goober, Otis ~~~~ 
      "What up with that?"

• Rick
      By Rick
      MN Wild - State of Fishing 

💚❤ Click the link below if you love hockey & fishing:
      https://offer.fevo.com/wild-vs-colorado-pitj4ve-e6890ab?ref=CSCATURRO
      March 23rd, 2020
      WILD vs AVALANCHE

• Getanet
      By Getanet
      Do any of you guys know if Surface Tension still swims around these parts? I think I need my Nils sharpened. I had sent him a message through the HSO forum a while ago and didn't hear back. I'm not sure if HSO and Fishing MN share the same messaging platform, or if I need to try him here instead. Did a quick search and it doesn't look like he's posted in a while, so I'm hoping someone knows his whereabouts.

• Paul Waldowski
      By Paul Waldowski
      Fishing Opener - Tired of sitting in traffic trying to escape the Cities? Looking for a shorter drive and less congestion?  We have you covered...  Enjoy your opener with us and have a hassle free weekend.

When you book 2 nights lodging in any cabin you will receive:
      Free launch access, boat dockage and dock electric
      Access to indoor pool and hot tub
      Friday
      6pm Welcome BBQ on Friday night- Brats, Hotdogs, Chips, Captain Ken’s Baked Beans, Pasta salad & Lemonade
      7:00 pm Fishing Lake Koronis Seminar by Capt. Josh Hagemeister of Minnesota Guide Service
      8:30pm Fishing LIES….I mean stories and smores around the campfire
      Saturday
      6am- 8am Continental breakfast in main lobby – Fruit-bread-pastries -cereal – Milk, juices-coffee
      3pm – 5pm Mom’s Break Time– Bugbee hive staff will have activities and movie time with the children.
      Sunday
      7am – 9am Mother’s day breakfast – Omelet station, Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, Sausage links, Bacon, fruit, assorted bread, pastries, Milk, Juice and coffee

• Nick Henkemeyer
      By Nick Henkemeyer
      I have a strikemaster Mag2000 and I can not get gas to flow to the carb. I’ve replaced the gas line and carb. If I don’t have it hooked up to the carb the gas flows great into a bucket or gas can, but once hooked up to carb, gas won’t move. TIA
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick
      Welcome to FM @fishingallday   Keep us posted on how things are going in NY...please?
    • Bob Schultz
      Have not heard a thing for months now on building progress- has the panic shutdown stopped the construction or are we still on schedule for a new store by July 4th ? 
    • Kettle
      Welcome fishingallday from NY, NY? 🤔
    • TomWehler
      Guy down the bay is nice but a bit odd. I mean he is still looken for the lefty monkey wrench we asked him for in 1996.   Few years ago he told me to come see his sign he made for a concert he was heading to.   So couple days later I was passing an he showed me the sign.   It read  "I LOVE YOU STEVIE!"   SO I ask, what concert ya going to  ~ Thinking it was  maybe Fleetwood Mack n Stevie Nicks...?   Nope he said I am Stevie Wonder guy!!!   I think of this moment a lot....Big Smiles!   T      
    • gimruis
      I usually fish mille lacs about 3-4 times a year, usually in the spring before it gets hot out there.  I do not stay there, as I live within 90 miles of the lake.  I sometimes stop for breakfast or lunch but that won't happen if I decide to go this season.  I will probably still go and make a half day out of it at some point.  I exclusively use artificial lures so I don't need to stop for bait and if I need to stop for gas I will pay at the pump.   I think there will be less people fishing it because they have encouraged people to fish "locally" (whatever this means is different to everyone).  Lodging options will definitely be more limited and bars/restaurants/resorts may not be operating as they normally would.   As for the fishing out there and the regs...can't say I agree that winter anglers are able to keep fish and soft water anglers can't keep anything AND have a month long closure, but it is what it is.  The walleye, smallmouth, pike, and muskie fishing is still fantastic and there is state record trophy caliber potential for bass and muskies right now.
    • TomWehler
      In 70’z. Drive up liquor stores were just a dream. Up on the sidewalk..Bing Boom Bam... Now a reality—-just call or text order ahead, drive up n runner brings yer order right to what ever yer driving. Truck, car, horse or Moose! They have the juice to turn ya loose... 🕶 Good n bad here n just my luck to be sober 32 years! DOH!   Juice On!   T  
    • TomWehler
      I Guy drives up to the Marauder Boys n me on dock. Big new Ranger full up with toys.  “Yea hey...you live here?   Ya.  This is my place...my boyz...   ”Ya so just learning this rig an easy wondering if you Know where Northern or Pike Bay is”   We sure could....says me Musky T   After a minute “So you gonna tell me or what?”   Ohhhh ...you asked if I knew where that place is... an I do.   So guess you ment can I help YOU find it. You bet I can...   ”Well geeezz man no games here just where is it”   Well friend Yer In It sir.    North be that a way n sun sets in the West.   Keep on rocken!   Zoom.   They gone... 😎 Xzna is always on guard n We Got This Corona Crap Under Control!!!   Enjoy they day n Tacos tonight!   T         
    • Wanderer
      Always been googly eyed over the Judge!  Nice!  I had a Trans Am, a buddy had ‘68 Firebird with a built big block wedged in there.  Buddy’s BIL had a parade of cool cars in those days; Camaros, Road Runner, 442, and a big ‘ol Coronet 500 with a 440 he painted up real pretty.     Cone tops!    And the reel that wound the line on backward, but sweet!
    • jkrash
      I was thinking April 20th for ice out but with the cooler night time temps next week I'm thinking April 27th now. The ice is starting to pull away from the shoreline which is a good sign.  
    • gimruis
      They knew this could be a problem at the Rainy River for the early walleye/sturgeon season so they shut her down before it even started.  Last week at Oconto, WI (Green Bay) there were WAY too many people from out of state (MN, IL) and across the state of Wisconsin there fishing so they shut that area down too.  People can't be driving across the state to do this like they normally would, and they can't pack their boats with 4 or 5 people either.  Go by yourself or with maybe one other person you have already been around and stay close to your house.  Keep your distance at the landing like Bob said otherwise it will only take a few abusers to ruin it for the rest of us.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.