• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thorne bros rods

smurfy

i remember icehawk mentioning he had a few. anyone else.?????

how are they to deal with , i somehow broke my little sweetpea rod up north this past weekend!!!!!!!!??? i dont see my wife ever hitting the ice again so i may jest steal hers, but am thinking of replacing it. i'm not looking to have them replace it free, but a good deal on a new one would make me happy. the rods a bought from them where made by the dude in the wheelchair at the time!!!!!!!!

any heads up would be great.

Edited by smurfy

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Keep your Rod Smurf take it with you down there. They can use your components eye guides and handle to build you a new one. In fact any kind you want all they would have to add would b maybe couple eye guides, if you go with a longer blank.  Be a lot cheaper if they use some of your components Lonnie is the man you want to talk to. I always go down and personally Talk to him so we can come up with the right rod setup action I'm after according to presentation and species targeted. 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Yep, what IceHawk said. Thorne Bros and Lonnie make some of the best Ice Rods anywhere.

The best part is if you go down there and talk to Lonnie you can tell him in detail what you want to use it for and you will get a fine tuned rod in return.

The sweetpea rod was one sweet pea. :D 

3 hours ago, IceHawk said:

Keep your Rod Smurf take it with you down there. They can use your components eye guides and handle to build you a new one. In fact any kind you want all they would have to add would b maybe couple eye guides, if you go with a longer blank.  Be a lot cheaper if they use some of your components Lonnie is the man you want to talk to. I always go down and personally Talk to him so we can come up with the right rod setup action I'm after according to presentation and species targeted. 

thanks for the heads up bud!!!!!!!!?? it just so happens to be not that far out of my way when I do some of my errand runs for the union hall!!!!!!!? go figure!!!!!!

• I Like it 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Anytime ? Been there on a broken rod, Had a brand new sweetheart  made one year. Had a good crappie bite going that my permanent was on. Pops wanted to go so we went handed him my new rod never used to try, he steps in house  door closes I hear crunch! He looks at me in amazement  and all I could do is laugh.$ 100 gone, but I guess it was cheaper than some of the stuff I trashed of his back when I was a kid. Especially putting his car into a telephone pole ?

• Yayyyy 2

25 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Anytime ? Been there on a broken rod, Had a brand new sweetheart  made one year. Had a good crappie bite going that my permanent was on. Pops wanted to go so we went handed him my new rod never used to try, he steps in house  door closes I hear crunch! He looks at me in amazement  and all I could do is laugh.$ 100 gone, but I guess it was cheaper than some of the stuff I trashed of his back when I was a kid. Especially putting his car into a telephone pole ?

Yea you were a helliant back in the day.?

• Yayyyy 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I have several.  Perch sweethearts and a 36" panfish sweetheart get used most.  Dug out my little sweet pea last weekend to do some sight fishing but the water got dirty in us so it didn't get much use.  Been moving to rods I've made personally lately. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1