• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

JstanK

When will pools 2, 3, and 4 start producing the quality & quantity that fishing shows are made of?

Last Tuesday there was a decent number of rigs in the lot at 494. We messed around from shore and only managed wind bites. There wasn't a bunch of time or energy spent casting plastics & drowning worms,,,but it was sooooo nice to play with a long rod. With any luck the shore ice will be gone in a jiffy and then it's game on. Can't wait to stick a biggun and let her go. 

Good Luck & Be Safe!

expl

There are some fish to be had.I Was on pool#2 Wednesday for the first time this spring.Wasnt great fishing,just enough to keep a guy busy.I wouldnt expext the shore ice to last much longer as the river is predicted to rise about 5feet over the course of the next week.This should bunch up more fish in certain areas as they try to avoid the stronger current.

• Thanks 1

IceHawk

They are slowly starting the chew once water temps hit that majical number game on. Hopefully flooding isn't a issue  to quick down there plan on doing a few runs myself. Always enjoy pool 4 the scenery is next two none. Special place they have down there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Patrick Bennett

what number is the magic number?

JstanK

Thanks for the replies.

Gave 494 a couple of hrs on Sunday afternoon, the wind was pretty chilly & challenging. We fiddled around with live bait rigs/fatheads & jigs n plastics. Should've moved more but my GF got way too cozy at spot 1, so only 1 it was. Wish I could say them WhiteTips were beaching themselves,,,but they weren't so I won't. Actually it was super slow and we got skunked...Must not have offered up enough and/or proper sacrifices to the Fishing Gods. 

Still a really nice feeling to be playing with a long rod and not be shackled to just 2 holes. 

• Thanks 1

expl

Fishing was ok Tuesday and much better Wednesday.I finally found a decent sized scool of very willing biters and it didnt take long to catch 20 fish.There was no mistaking it they thumped the jig hard as compared to the day before.Biggest I managed was a 23 @1/2 inch but lost one much larger boatside.Lots of 18-20inchers which is fine by me.Looking forward to spending this whole next week on the water as the weather looks perfect.

• I Like it 1

expl

Good bite yesterday lots of nice walleyes along with some small saugers.Biggest so far is a 26",just havnt found the big ones I know are there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

nice!  post pics if you can.  I cant fish for a while yet and love seeing pics. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

IceHawk
5 hours ago, expl said:

Good bite yesterday lots of nice walleyes along with some small saugers.Biggest so far is a 26",just havnt found the big ones I know are there.

Any flooding on the river yet? I would assume she's rolling pretty good down there

expl

The river is definately high and flowing pretty fast but I wouldnt say flooded.The water levels and current seem to be staying pretty consistent and water temp had risen a couple of degrees over last week,which is a good thing.I will try to get some pics on next trips but I fish alone so its not the easiest to do with a fish in one hand and the other hand trying to dig out the phone while the boat is cruising downstream.With the current the way it is I need a hand on the tiller at most all times,some days i wish for a third arm lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

IceHawk

Thanks! I know what your saying the one time I had a 135 hp tiller in reverse with some throttle just to slip drift and try to vertically fish.  Baypoint and Colville both open or are you going out of Everets? 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• FatFishie
      By FatFishie
      2013 Ranger 1850

This is the cleanest 2013 multi sport fishing boat that you’ll find. Powered by a Yamaha 150 four stroke, this is a great performing boat. The interior, exterior, motor and trailer are in awesome condition. Features include:

Ranger Custom Trailer w/spare tire.
      Yamaha 150 four stroke.
      Minn Kota 80 Terrova trolling motor w/iPilot.
      Lowrance HDS 7 & HDS 5 depth/fish finders.
      Onboard 2 bank battery charger.
      Large Livewell.
      Bait Livewell.
      12+ rod locker.
      AM/FM/CD Stereo.
      4 swivel seats.
      2 flip on seat.
      Snap in carpet.
      Ranger custom travel cover.
      Swim ladder.
      Ski pylon.
      Removable bow cushions
      Built in cooler
      Interior LED courtesy lights
      Lots of storage

I’m sure there are things that I’ve missed in the above list of options. This is the perfect fishing boat, and can easily double as a family runabout for skiing, tubing and cruising around.

Boat is located in Detroit Lakes MN.  Please call or text for more information. 701-371-509nine

• MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A group of high school buddies and some of their family make an Annual trip up to Baudette, MN to fish Walleyes on Lake of the Woods. I look forward to this trip each year! Since this is an Annual Trip we all put some money and bragging rights on the line for the Angler who can catch the biggest fish of the weekend, take home the Trophy, $400 Cash and call themselves "Mr. Walleye" for the next 365 days. Watch the first full day of fishing out of Ballards Resort and see 2 new PB's!

• ErikLovesFishin
      By ErikLovesFishin
      Hi,
      We at Caribou Lures JIG-A-JO appreciate the countless support we’ve had for the past 37 years and would like to give back to you. We are giving away 3 JIG-A-JO tackle boxes on Friday, March 6th 2020.

Have a great day

• Dan Rud
      By Dan Rud
      www.Wausota.com 

please Call Owner Emery + Lyn Edwards
      for cabins Available in spring and summer and fall hunting great!!! Also fishing AWESOME 🎣

good Luck and be safe!!!

Dan

• MNAngler01
      By MNAngler01
      Has anyone ever fished Nina Moose? I’ve heard it has good fishing, the trip would be mostly walleye and smallmouth.
    • Empty Well
      By Empty Well
      Current Lake Pokegama Fishing Reports, Grand Rapids - Click Here.

I have been fishing walleyes on Pokegama for the past few summers with very little luck. Admittedly, I have not put much time in, but I plan to this summer. Can anyone provide any insights as to how to fish them, as well as where to fish them, both day and night? I notice that most posts highlight Winnie, Sugar, Split Hand etc., with little mention of Pokegama. Is it simply because it is very difficult to fish?
    • Grampa2
      By Grampa2
      Anyone fish dog lake in Wright county?
    • JJ87
      By JJ87
      My 4 yr old wants to try to catch his first walleye. We live across from Stillwater just a couple miles into WI. Prefer a WI lake within 30 min. I would Appreciate any guidance I can get. Hoping to get out next weekend. 
    • Paul Waldowski
      By Paul Waldowski
      Fishing Opener - Tired of sitting in traffic trying to escape the Cities? Looking for a shorter drive and less congestion?  We have you covered...  Enjoy your opener with us and have a hassle free weekend.

When you book 2 nights lodging in any cabin you will receive:
      Free launch access, boat dockage and dock electric
      Access to indoor pool and hot tub
      Friday
      6pm Welcome BBQ on Friday night- Brats, Hotdogs, Chips, Captain Ken’s Baked Beans, Pasta salad & Lemonade
      7:00 pm Fishing Lake Koronis Seminar by Capt. Josh Hagemeister of Minnesota Guide Service
      8:30pm Fishing LIES….I mean stories and smores around the campfire
      Saturday
      6am- 8am Continental breakfast in main lobby – Fruit-bread-pastries -cereal – Milk, juices-coffee
      3pm – 5pm Mom’s Break Time– Bugbee hive staff will have activities and movie time with the children.
      Sunday
      7am – 9am Mother’s day breakfast – Omelet station, Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, Sausage links, Bacon, fruit, assorted bread, pastries, Milk, Juice and coffee

• slammer
      By slammer
      Just read the new regs for 2020 on Mille lacs.   Same as 2019.  Locals are not happy and I don’t blame them one bit.  It’s amazing that one agency can dictate the livleyhood and economy of so many people.  There should be some way to hold them accountable.  It is sad what has happened around the big lake.  Nowhere in the US has there been a debacle like this. 

Now I read that LOW has seen a tremendous increase in wheel house traffic this last December.  A combo of bad conditions on Red and the crazy regs on Mille lacs has moved a lot of the crowd up north and increased pressure there.  One resort reported almost 1000 wheelhouses in a weekend came through.   

So how does the DNR manage this?   They basically close down one of the largest lakes in the state and force people to go elsewhere creating pressure somewhere else.  Granted LOW can handle it for now  but what if you start seeing a decline?  Apply more regs and people move on to the next lake.?  See where I’m going with this?  I think they’re shifting pressure from lake to lake instead spreading it out statewide.  Who knows what’s next for regs.  A limited number of houses or boats on a lake at any given time?  A lottery system to see who gets to fish where and when?  Sounds crazy but I wouldn’t put it past them to implement something if things get bad

People are very mobile now and will travel to get to the popular destination.  I would support a 4 fish limit statewide and maybe close LOW earlier instead of the middle of April.  Just some thoughts..........
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      This weekend i will spraying my blind with tick repellent, my hunt clothes, and boots. So I will be ready 
    • Cole Nelson
      I would love to join can I get the information. Can you please call me at 9526877929
    • whateverisbiting
      I will be going to my cabin a couple hours drive.  I will bring all my food and gas with me and not go to any stores there.  If I still have to work from home I may work there self quarantine for 14 days.  Then you become a local.  Then you have to do the same thing coming back home if going out to stores there.  Small towns have few hospitals and very limited equipment.  That is a real concern.  But hopefully will not blow up with very low population density.  Can't wait to put the dock in, have a G&T, and put out the lighted bobber!
    • mrpike1973
      Thankful for my faith in God, my great wife, I have 3 nieces and a nephew do not see them too much. Be thankful for family all of you. I don't have hardly any family left but really enjoy those nieces and nephew when I see them. Thankful for the guys and gals on this site. I have learned lip reading even more and that is a huge help for me right now. I'm also thankful for my  Yamaha boat motor best thing I ever bought😀 Thankful my wife loves to fish and comes with anytime she can. She is laid off now but boy do I love being with her. I work second shift Mon-Thursday she works during the week and every weekend it feels like a second honey moon!
    • ANYFISH2
      I am grateful to have my faith in God, without my faith life's trials would be much more difficult to navigate.   I am grateful for my family, they are source of a great deal of strength.  There is nothing like raising my 2 favorite people on earth everyday.  I screw up alot, they have always given me a reason to keep going forward.  My wife is the most amazing woman in my life.  She has to be great, to deal with me everyday. Grateful for my father and my sister, we have always had a close family, but going through my mother's battle and ultimate death from cancer this last year, I know it would have been next to impossible to deal with without them.  I can't wait for this virus to leave so I can give both of them a huge hug again.   I am grateful for the gifts of my life's journey, the great moments and the bad, everyday is great day, we get so few.
    • Chill62
      Well I got out the last three days and I need a vacation from myouting lol. Friday we fished am for tulibee and ended up with 19 before switching in the afternoon for crappies. Found a deep hole and the slabs were STACKED UP!!! Hole was 30-36 feet and fish were 18-bottom. Had to drill a ton of holes and stay mobile. Literally you'd have fish in one hole and 5 feet away nothing. Average size was 12 inches with a few 14s.  Saturday tried for tulibee again and I think we got 10 for 7 of us. Switched to the same crappie hole and first 5 fish up the hole were tulibee lol. After a while we found crappies but just couldn't find them. Switched to 4 or 5 other spots then we finally found them. Thought were perch because bottom 5 feet were solid fish. Crappies were averaging 11 inch. Had to stay mobile and drill a lot of holes. kept enough for a supper.  Sunday morning my buddy and I went after big tulibee and got a late start (9 am start). We started by targeting spots people hadn't been lately. Instantly we had 3 on the ice. It was weird they were coming out of the mud. After hour half we quit graphing them so took off for new spots. We ended up with 4 fish biggest two were 4 lbs 4 oz and 3 lbs 12 oz. After that we took off for crappies again. We parked the ranger and guess fish wanted to hide under it. Literally had 10 holes drilled with 10 feet of the ranger and we just kept circling the ranger. We did film a YouTube vide and hopefully the wind wasn't too strong for the audio.    Sadly I doubt I will make it back out again. 
    • Chill62
      Well I got out the last three days and I need a vacation from my outing lol. Friday we fished am for tulibee and ended up with 19 before switching in the afternoon for crappies. Found a deep hole and the slabs were STACKED UP!!! Hole was 30-36 feet and fish were 18-bottom. Had to drill a ton of holes and stay mobile. Literally you'd have fish in one hole and 5 feet away nothing. Average size was 12 inches with a few 14s.  Saturday tried for tulibee again and I think we got 10 for 7 of us. Switched to the same crappie hole and first 5 fish up the hole were tulibee lol. After a while we found crappies but just couldn't find them. Switched to 4 or 5 other spots then we finally found them. Thought were perch because bottom 5 feet were solid fish. Crappies were averaging 11 inch. Had to stay mobile and drill a lot of holes. kept enough for a supper.  Sunday morning my buddy and I went after big tulibee and got a late start (9 am start). We started by targeting spots people hadn't been lately. Instantly we had 3 on the ice. It was weird they were coming out of the mud. After hour half we quit graphing them so took off for new spots. We ended up with 4 fish biggest two were 4 lbs 4 oz and 3 lbs 12 oz. After that we took off for crappies again. We parked the ranger and guess fish wanted to hide under it. Literally had 10 holes drilled with 10 feet of the ranger and we just kept circling the ranger. We did film a YouTube vide and hopefully the wind wasn't too strong for the audio.    Sadly I doubt I will make it back out again. 
    • PRO-V
      Mine is my wife and our 5 kids (youngest is 29). All are independent and have given us 7 grandkids who are a hoot. Not to mention all of my great friends. I'm only 60 but I've gotten in a massive amount of fishing and hunting since I was 5. Feel sorry for the guys who did nothing but work most of their life thinking they would have their fun at retirement. Doesn't usually work out. I tried to balance work, family and adventure. If I died now I lived a full life but wanna see the kids/grandkids grow up. Their old enough now to have fun with and my days of having to dig a new outhouse hole are over. My son is a huge help now.
    • PRO-V
      Highlight of my life was seeing AC/DC on their last tour at Excel Center. Rock on!! 
    • Borch
      For me it's family, friends and faith.  My health has been good and I'm currently working through some things health wise.  But I'm positive and have found more support and care than I could have imagined.  For that, I truly felt blessed.   I'm lucky to have a wife who loves me even with my short comings.  Again, I'm a very lucky man.  I have 6 granddaughters who love to hug and talk to papa.  Makes me smile even now as I type this.  My 3 adult children are doing well and actually call the old man for advise and like to hang out with me which I really enjoy.  My folks are on their way home from south TX.  We got to visit and fish with them there this winter.  I feel fortunate to be able to do things with them yet.  Finally getting out to fish and hunt with all of these freinds and family are what really make me feel like one fortunate guy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.