• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

JstanK

When will pools 2, 3, and 4 start producing the quality & quantity that fishing shows are made of?

Last Tuesday there was a decent number of rigs in the lot at 494. We messed around from shore and only managed wind bites. There wasn't a bunch of time or energy spent casting plastics & drowning worms,,,but it was sooooo nice to play with a long rod. With any luck the shore ice will be gone in a jiffy and then it's game on. Can't wait to stick a biggun and let her go. 

Good Luck & Be Safe!

expl

There are some fish to be had.I Was on pool#2 Wednesday for the first time this spring.Wasnt great fishing,just enough to keep a guy busy.I wouldnt expext the shore ice to last much longer as the river is predicted to rise about 5feet over the course of the next week.This should bunch up more fish in certain areas as they try to avoid the stronger current.

• Thanks 1

IceHawk

They are slowly starting the chew once water temps hit that majical number game on. Hopefully flooding isn't a issue  to quick down there plan on doing a few runs myself. Always enjoy pool 4 the scenery is next two none. Special place they have down there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Patrick Bennett

what number is the magic number?

JstanK

Thanks for the replies.

Gave 494 a couple of hrs on Sunday afternoon, the wind was pretty chilly & challenging. We fiddled around with live bait rigs/fatheads & jigs n plastics. Should've moved more but my GF got way too cozy at spot 1, so only 1 it was. Wish I could say them WhiteTips were beaching themselves,,,but they weren't so I won't. Actually it was super slow and we got skunked...Must not have offered up enough and/or proper sacrifices to the Fishing Gods. 

Still a really nice feeling to be playing with a long rod and not be shackled to just 2 holes. 

• Thanks 1

expl

Fishing was ok Tuesday and much better Wednesday.I finally found a decent sized scool of very willing biters and it didnt take long to catch 20 fish.There was no mistaking it they thumped the jig hard as compared to the day before.Biggest I managed was a 23 @1/2 inch but lost one much larger boatside.Lots of 18-20inchers which is fine by me.Looking forward to spending this whole next week on the water as the weather looks perfect.

• I Like it 1

expl

Good bite yesterday lots of nice walleyes along with some small saugers.Biggest so far is a 26",just havnt found the big ones I know are there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

nice!  post pics if you can.  I cant fish for a while yet and love seeing pics. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

IceHawk
5 hours ago, expl said:

Good bite yesterday lots of nice walleyes along with some small saugers.Biggest so far is a 26",just havnt found the big ones I know are there.

Any flooding on the river yet? I would assume she's rolling pretty good down there

expl

The river is definately high and flowing pretty fast but I wouldnt say flooded.The water levels and current seem to be staying pretty consistent and water temp had risen a couple of degrees over last week,which is a good thing.I will try to get some pics on next trips but I fish alone so its not the easiest to do with a fish in one hand and the other hand trying to dig out the phone while the boat is cruising downstream.With the current the way it is I need a hand on the tiller at most all times,some days i wish for a third arm lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

IceHawk
Posted (edited)

Thanks! I know what your saying the one time I had a 135 hp tiller in reverse with some throttle just to slip drift and try to vertically fish.  Baypoint and Colville both open or are you going out of Everets? 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

expl
Posted (edited)

I have not made my way that far downriver yet and have been on Pool 2.Yesterday was likely the last trip for awhile.All of the public landings have been closed except for the marina and Id guess they will shut down within a day or two so they can get the big boats launched before flooding begins.A few pics from the past couple days.Been catching 6 dinks for every decent fish I pulled in.Not fast and furious but better than the couch and tv.The river bite has been very good the past couple of weeks but I think its time to dust off the panfish rods and chase some slabs for awhile and let the river simmer down.

20200401_155306.jpg

20200331_184451.jpg

20200324_131346.jpg

Edited by expl
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• dutchboy II
      By dutchboy II
      With the crazy restrictions on Mille Lacs and the uncertain opener are any of you still planning to fish Mille Lacs?  Will you hit other lakes or just going to stay home this summer and hope things get back to normal?  The very dedicated Walleye guys are really going to need to adjust or hit other lakes.

Businesses are going to get clobbered.

Sad situation. Hopefully there is something left in 2021.  
    • FatFishie
      By FatFishie
      2013 Ranger 1850

This is the cleanest 2013 multi sport fishing boat that you’ll find. Powered by a Yamaha 150 four stroke, this is a great performing boat. The interior, exterior, motor and trailer are in awesome condition. Features include:

Ranger Custom Trailer w/spare tire.
      Yamaha 150 four stroke.
      Minn Kota 80 Terrova trolling motor w/iPilot.
      Lowrance HDS 7 & HDS 5 depth/fish finders.
      Onboard 2 bank battery charger.
      Large Livewell.
      Bait Livewell.
      12+ rod locker.
      AM/FM/CD Stereo.
      4 swivel seats.
      2 flip on seat.
      Snap in carpet.
      Ranger custom travel cover.
      Swim ladder.
      Ski pylon.
      Removable bow cushions
      Built in cooler
      Interior LED courtesy lights
      Lots of storage

I’m sure there are things that I’ve missed in the above list of options. This is the perfect fishing boat, and can easily double as a family runabout for skiing, tubing and cruising around.

Boat is located in Detroit Lakes MN.  Please call or text for more information. 701-371-509nine

• MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A group of high school buddies and some of their family make an Annual trip up to Baudette, MN to fish Walleyes on Lake of the Woods. I look forward to this trip each year! Since this is an Annual Trip we all put some money and bragging rights on the line for the Angler who can catch the biggest fish of the weekend, take home the Trophy, $400 Cash and call themselves "Mr. Walleye" for the next 365 days. Watch the first full day of fishing out of Ballards Resort and see 2 new PB's!

• ErikLovesFishin
      By ErikLovesFishin
      Hi,
      We at Caribou Lures JIG-A-JO appreciate the countless support we’ve had for the past 37 years and would like to give back to you. We are giving away 3 JIG-A-JO tackle boxes on Friday, March 6th 2020.

Have a great day

• Dan Rud
      By Dan Rud
      www.Wausota.com 

please Call Owner Emery + Lyn Edwards
      for cabins Available in spring and summer and fall hunting great!!! Also fishing AWESOME 🎣

good Luck and be safe!!!

Dan

• MNAngler01
      By MNAngler01
      Has anyone ever fished Nina Moose? I’ve heard it has good fishing, the trip would be mostly walleye and smallmouth.
    • Empty Well
      By Empty Well
      Current Lake Pokegama Fishing Reports, Grand Rapids - Click Here.

I have been fishing walleyes on Pokegama for the past few summers with very little luck. Admittedly, I have not put much time in, but I plan to this summer. Can anyone provide any insights as to how to fish them, as well as where to fish them, both day and night? I notice that most posts highlight Winnie, Sugar, Split Hand etc., with little mention of Pokegama. Is it simply because it is very difficult to fish?
    • Grampa2
      By Grampa2
      Anyone fish dog lake in Wright county?
    • JJ87
      By JJ87
      My 4 yr old wants to try to catch his first walleye. We live across from Stillwater just a couple miles into WI. Prefer a WI lake within 30 min. I would Appreciate any guidance I can get. Hoping to get out next weekend. 
    • Paul Waldowski
      By Paul Waldowski
      Fishing Opener - Tired of sitting in traffic trying to escape the Cities? Looking for a shorter drive and less congestion?  We have you covered...  Enjoy your opener with us and have a hassle free weekend.

When you book 2 nights lodging in any cabin you will receive:
      Free launch access, boat dockage and dock electric
      Access to indoor pool and hot tub
      Friday
      6pm Welcome BBQ on Friday night- Brats, Hotdogs, Chips, Captain Ken’s Baked Beans, Pasta salad & Lemonade
      7:00 pm Fishing Lake Koronis Seminar by Capt. Josh Hagemeister of Minnesota Guide Service
      8:30pm Fishing LIES….I mean stories and smores around the campfire
      Saturday
      6am- 8am Continental breakfast in main lobby – Fruit-bread-pastries -cereal – Milk, juices-coffee
      3pm – 5pm Mom’s Break Time– Bugbee hive staff will have activities and movie time with the children.
      Sunday
      7am – 9am Mother’s day breakfast – Omelet station, Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, Sausage links, Bacon, fruit, assorted bread, pastries, Milk, Juice and coffee

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick
      Welcome to FM @fishingallday   Keep us posted on how things are going in NY...please?
    • Bob Schultz
      Have not heard a thing for months now on building progress- has the panic shutdown stopped the construction or are we still on schedule for a new store by July 4th ? 
    • Kettle
      Welcome fishingallday from NY, NY? 🤔
    • TomWehler
      Guy down the bay is nice but a bit odd. I mean he is still looken for the lefty monkey wrench we asked him for in 1996.   Few years ago he told me to come see his sign he made for a concert he was heading to.   So couple days later I was passing an he showed me the sign.   It read  "I LOVE YOU STEVIE!"   SO I ask, what concert ya going to  ~ Thinking it was  maybe Fleetwood Mack n Stevie Nicks...?   Nope he said I am Stevie Wonder guy!!!   I think of this moment a lot....Big Smiles!   T      
    • gimruis
      I usually fish mille lacs about 3-4 times a year, usually in the spring before it gets hot out there.  I do not stay there, as I live within 90 miles of the lake.  I sometimes stop for breakfast or lunch but that won't happen if I decide to go this season.  I will probably still go and make a half day out of it at some point.  I exclusively use artificial lures so I don't need to stop for bait and if I need to stop for gas I will pay at the pump.   I think there will be less people fishing it because they have encouraged people to fish "locally" (whatever this means is different to everyone).  Lodging options will definitely be more limited and bars/restaurants/resorts may not be operating as they normally would.   As for the fishing out there and the regs...can't say I agree that winter anglers are able to keep fish and soft water anglers can't keep anything AND have a month long closure, but it is what it is.  The walleye, smallmouth, pike, and muskie fishing is still fantastic and there is state record trophy caliber potential for bass and muskies right now.
    • TomWehler
      In 70’z. Drive up liquor stores were just a dream. Up on the sidewalk..Bing Boom Bam... Now a reality—-just call or text order ahead, drive up n runner brings yer order right to what ever yer driving. Truck, car, horse or Moose! They have the juice to turn ya loose... 🕶 Good n bad here n just my luck to be sober 32 years! DOH!   Juice On!   T  
    • TomWehler
      I Guy drives up to the Marauder Boys n me on dock. Big new Ranger full up with toys.  “Yea hey...you live here?   Ya.  This is my place...my boyz...   ”Ya so just learning this rig an easy wondering if you Know where Northern or Pike Bay is”   We sure could....says me Musky T   After a minute “So you gonna tell me or what?”   Ohhhh ...you asked if I knew where that place is... an I do.   So guess you ment can I help YOU find it. You bet I can...   ”Well geeezz man no games here just where is it”   Well friend Yer In It sir.    North be that a way n sun sets in the West.   Keep on rocken!   Zoom.   They gone... 😎 Xzna is always on guard n We Got This Corona Crap Under Control!!!   Enjoy they day n Tacos tonight!   T         
    • Wanderer
      Always been googly eyed over the Judge!  Nice!  I had a Trans Am, a buddy had ‘68 Firebird with a built big block wedged in there.  Buddy’s BIL had a parade of cool cars in those days; Camaros, Road Runner, 442, and a big ‘ol Coronet 500 with a 440 he painted up real pretty.     Cone tops!    And the reel that wound the line on backward, but sweet!
    • jkrash
      I was thinking April 20th for ice out but with the cooler night time temps next week I'm thinking April 27th now. The ice is starting to pull away from the shoreline which is a good sign.  
    • gimruis
      They knew this could be a problem at the Rainy River for the early walleye/sturgeon season so they shut her down before it even started.  Last week at Oconto, WI (Green Bay) there were WAY too many people from out of state (MN, IL) and across the state of Wisconsin there fishing so they shut that area down too.  People can't be driving across the state to do this like they normally would, and they can't pack their boats with 4 or 5 people either.  Go by yourself or with maybe one other person you have already been around and stay close to your house.  Keep your distance at the landing like Bob said otherwise it will only take a few abusers to ruin it for the rest of us.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.