• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Butt Bridge for flip over shelters and Rock-n-Reels by T bone

Trimble

hello all, Just joined.

I live in Ontario, please don't hold that against me. I love fishing and hunting an live near many lakes in southern Ontario. . 

I recently bought an Otter xt Crossover Cabin. I absolutely love it. pulls well, easy setup , comfortable and warm. heats up quick with a buddy heater. side doors are a blast. 

I was reading an old Minnesota message board from 2003. A guy named T-bone had plans for something called a Butt Bridge? its a box built for a flip over shelter sleigh with seats and a compartment. 

I think its a great idea. They were posting plans but since the site has closed they cant be retrieved. 

Would anyone have any idea about the plans or have any pictures ?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Hook em hard !

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

T-bone was a regular here and a very creative inventor. He designed amazing rod holders and I still have two of them.

I remember getting the butt bridge and posting along with pics. Maybe I can find it.

Search the Ice Fishing forum here and on hotspotoutdoors.com 

Welcome to FM.

Don't be a stranger... stop in and post, share stories, pics and fishing reports @Trimble

Here is a link to a thread on it.

1 hour ago, Stickjiggler said:

Rick, any pics of these rod holders you are so fond of

They were called Rock-n-Reels

T'bone was amazing.

Here is a link...

15 hours ago, Rick said:

T-bone was a regular here and a very creative inventor. He designed amazing rod holders and I still have two of them.

I remember getting the butt bridge and posting along with pics. Maybe I can find it.

Search the Ice Fishing forum here and on hotspotoutdoors.com 

Welcome to FM.

Don't be a stranger... stop in and post, share stories, pics and fishing reports @Trimble

Thanks Rick, I'll keep searching an yes I will post some pics. Ice is getting testy here now. Lots of water on top. 

• Thanks 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Have to Agree with Rick Had one of T-Bones rod holders and they were awesome. Sad part is borrowed it out to a friend for a Lake of woods trip and sadly he never gave it back. ? Being the nice guy I am I never asked him to give it back ? They were killer for light biting catfish!

• l Love It 1

Saw the pic of the butt bridge but no pic of the rod holder.

All I got from the link was page not found 

• Wow, ❤ 1

Closest things I've seen to the rod holder is the Today's Tackle Rod Rocker 2.  Not quite the same but similar.

• Thanks 1

Here is the Stone Legacy bag I still haul all my ice fishing gear around with, including my Rock-n-Reels by T bone.

PSX_20200305_163728.jpg

Here is the bag with the front unzipped. You can see my little dipper version of the big dipper and both rock-n-reels.PSX_20200305_163644.jpg

Here are the Rock-n-Reels.

Red one is a wooden version T bone sent me before the craze on it started.

White one was a prototype before it went into production.

At the risk of opening up a can of worms. To be completely transparent  after the initial phase nothing happened with it because Today's Tackle copied it to a small degree and T bone thought I sold him out to Todays Tackle. I never did. I wanted this baby to take off. I believe Todays Tackle came up with it on their own. I don't know. Bruce is very creative in his own right.

Anyway, Tom's invention was the bomb!! Great guy as is his brother.

Here it is:

Flat:

PSX_20200305_163558.jpg

Open:

PSX_20200305_163502.jpg

Another angle:

PSX_20200305_163417.jpg

Open holding rods:

PSX_20200305_163337.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Sullivan tip down ancestors 

• I Like it 1

18 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Sullivan tip down ancestors 

Never heard of em.

330 Maniac Scott Mackner runs them a lot and Matt Johnson has been experimenting with them on catfish seem to be a good product. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Great product for sure. The owner donates them to some vet events. Friend in ND loves them for perching. Used mine out there last year. 

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Great product for sure. The owner donates them to some vet events. Friend in ND loves them for perching. Used mine out there last year. 

If it's the same or better than those Rock-n-Reels, everyone who likes to deadstick should get one.

Pretty much do same thing Rick same concept except built out of conduit. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

This is mine. He also makes auto jiggers. 

BEBCB08A-4962-40D3-9924-DD932B5064F3.jpeg

• I Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

This is mine. He also makes auto jiggers. 

BEBCB08A-4962-40D3-9924-DD932B5064F3.jpeg

Thanks bud. Can you take a pic with a rod in it. Also one folded up for storage please?

Spinning reels all moved over to summer rods so here it is with an inline. Used it for eyes and northern also in ND last year. Folds down flat. 

B25C875B-6F12-4F3E-8CB1-DE40CE54C71A.jpeg

51F52088-CC2A-43CC-8888-421FFE4FC1D6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

? whats wrong with the old 5 gal pail method???????? or just plain holding the rod. maybe i need to get out of the house more or maybe to old or stubborn???????????

• Yayyyy 1

The last part. lol   I didn’t use it this winter. Next season will put it out with a minnow while chasing panfish. 

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • I Like it 1
  • Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

? whats wrong with the old 5 gal pail method???????? or just plain holding the rod. maybe i need to get out of the house more or maybe to old or stubborn???????????

It's a sensitive,  visual approach of using a second rod as a dead stick. Think of it as an alternative to a tip up.  You may be more talented than I as I have a hard time jigging with my right and dead sticking with my left.  Both tend to get jigged for me.  ?

• Yayyyy 2
  • l Love It 1

I always thought any combo not being touched is a dead stick. ?

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I always thought any combo not being touched is a dead stick. ?

me too!!!!!!!!!?

As we age that quiver gets worse Jeff. Won’t have to jig some day. ?

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Yayyyy 1

Oh,  its starting already...

• Yayyyy 1

Hey Rick, by the looks of your Stone Legacy bag you must fish pretty hard. Mine looks new compared to yours. I still use mine on walleye trips. I use others for pan fish.

• Yayyyy 1

Ohhh yeah. It's been used a ton and it's contents are irreplaceable.