• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
eyeguy 54

Quick connect ?

eyeguy 54

Can I cut the quick connect from the vexilar charger and then cut alligator clips off my lithium charger and switch them with no problems? I know there would be no issue with the alligators on the vex charger. Curious about the lithium with quick connect. The new 20 has the quick connect. 

eyeguy 54

Checked with batteries plus and they say no issue. Good to hear. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Borch

Was going to say I did it with my Marcum.   Good to make it simpler to charge. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• CaptJohnWis
      By CaptJohnWis
      I heard from a buddy that there will be no fishing allowed on the river this spring. Any truth to that? I think it is a good idea otherwise there will be people coming up in droves as usual. Stay in your house and say some prayers.

I am stuck in my house down here in Texas and hope to eventually get back up North. Canada border closed so I couldn't hit my favorite spots on Rainy Lake anyway.
    • BDR
      By BDR
      Today on West Rush, in a smaller bay. I Stepped on a unseen drain hole or enlarged old fishing hole today. 1 leg went all the way thru. Luckily other leg and i stayed on top. I was traveling where I knew it was only 4-5 feet deep. All ice I drilled was 13-16 inches but soft. Hot shower and clean undies never felt so good. lol.  Be safe everyone!
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      First pic is from April 1 2017 in the kayak. Second pic is April 21 2018 on 18 inches of ice. Same lake. Looks like 2020 will be like 2017. 

• mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
    • Decanno1
      By Decanno1
      So me and a buddy of mine are thinking about stocking a gravel pit we own with suckers. Mainly white suckers but we’ll happily go with other species!! My question is this: Do sucker eggs NEED a constant flow of water to hatch? Or will they be fine in a gravel pit or any lake/pond that doesn’t have any flow coming in or out? This will make or break our plans for the pit, thanks in advance!!!
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      I checked it on Sunday about 25 feet of ice by landing. If anyone drives by could you let me know when the landing is open. Might go here first if possible sometimes the crappies and sunfish will be in the bay there. I could use some yummy fillets. Thank You!
    • ducksnbucks
      By ducksnbucks
      Hi all, my two girls are clawing at each other and its only been a week...… I need to get them outside. Thinking of driving up and doing some tip up fishing for an afternoon on Sunday or Monday. I have never done pike fishing in the winter on Mille Lacs and am just curious if anyone could give me any pointers? Don't need exact spots, just general areas to start and maybe show them a few pike on flags. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated, thanks! 
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      With the social distancing advise going on right now.  I decided to do some tackle organizing and replace some hooks etc go through some of my gear in my office . Just wanted to give a shout out recomendation on some great products and storage options  I've been using for last few years.  I really like them ! One is the Wraptor, (Canvas craft crankbait holder.}They come in a few different sizes and are very slick. I have a few of there X large  loaded with multiple cranks, and some of the medium,smaller ones packed with jigs ,bottom bouncers, slip sinkers etc. Endless uses for them.  They fold right up and you can put them in storage compartments in your boat and out of the way. Leaving the floor of your boat wide open to walk around and  fish. The other ones I recommend are the Clam storage aka spoon boxes. They come in a few different sizes and are great. Perfect storage for spoons larger jigs etc. I have a few different ones couple loaded with jig raps my lure of choice for eyes in open water👍 What I personally like is these boxes keep everything organized and protected. When I head out eye fishing  I pack a couple in my Fish Trap and secure them in a cargo net. With all the bouncing banging my trap takes behind  my wheeler the hooks are always nice and secure yet when I reach my destination. Just trying to throw a few good products out for anyone looking for some new storage options. 😀

• Eric b
      By Eric b
      Riffle dam should improve fishing in the near future being the fish can now migrate up stream from the white fish chain on norway lake pine river
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      Ice fishing is still happening on Lake of the Woods.  Some resorts / hotels / outfitters are open and have adjusted their business model to adhere to the new rules with COVID - 19.  Additional cleaning and disinfecting is in place.  Fish house rentals, lodging, ice roads and take out or delivered meals are available by some resorts.  Contact resorts directly or look at their Facebook pages for helpful info.
      On the south end...  Some great March ice fishing continues. Anglers fishing anywhere from 27 - 33' of water.  Ice conditions on LOW remain excellent with freezing temps keeping ice firm.  Some good colors overall, pink / gold, glow, red glow, green glow.  Work lures on jigging line with a live minnow on an ice jig or plain hook on second line.  Electronics a big plus.  Try mixing it up with small lures, swim baits, rattle baits.  Keep baits active for best results.  Pike fishing very good this week with many fish over 40 inches.  Tip ups with big baits on quick strike rigs the norm.  Fish houses can be left overnight on the ice through March 31st, walleye and sauger season is open through April 14th and pike season never closes.  
      On the Rainy River...   As spring approaches, extra caution needed on the river.  Thin ice around the International Bridge in Baudette.  We are watching open water line progress from east to west.  No open water fishing as of yet due to colder temps.  
      Up at the NW Angle...  A good week of ice fishing reports up at the Angle.  A mix of nice walleyes, big jumbo perch and pike in the mix.  Resorts in 20 - 32' of water targeting both structure and mud.  Glow colors, gold and pink effective.  Plain hook on the deadstick.  The snowmobile trails groomed and are still in good shape.  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• whateverisbiting
      I will be going to my cabin a couple hours drive.  I will bring all my food and gas with me and not go to any stores there.  If I still have to work from home I may work there self quarantine for 14 days.  Then you become a local.  Then you have to do the same thing coming back home if going out to stores there.  Small towns have few hospitals and very limited equipment.  That is a real concern.  But hopefully will not blow up with very low population density.  Can't wait to put the dock in, have a G&T, and put out the lighted bobber!
    • mrpike1973
      Thankful for my faith in God, my great wife, I have 3 nieces and a nephew do not see them too much. Be thankful for family all of you. I don't have hardly any family left but really enjoy those nieces and nephew when I see them. Thankful for the guys and gals on this site. I have learned lip reading even more and that is a huge help for me right now. I'm also thankful for my  Yamaha boat motor best thing I ever bought😀 Thankful my wife loves to fish and comes with anytime she can. She is laid off now but boy do I love being with her. I work second shift Mon-Thursday she works during the week and every weekend it feels like a second honey moon!
    • ANYFISH2
      I am grateful to have my faith in God, without my faith life's trials would be much more difficult to navigate.   I am grateful for my family, they are source of a great deal of strength.  There is nothing like raising 2 my favorite people on earth everyday.  I screw up alot, they have always given me a reason to keep going forward.  My wife is the most amazing woman in my life.  He has to be great to deal with me everyday. Grateful for my father and my sister, we have always had a close family, but going through my mother's battle and ultimate death from cancer this last year, I know it would have been next to impossible to deal with without them.  I can't wait for this virus to leave so I can give both if them a huge hug again.   I am grateful for the gifts of my life's journey, the great moments and the bad, everyday is great day, we get so few.
    • Chill62
      Well I got out the last three days and I need a vacation from myouting lol. Friday we fished am for tulibee and ended up with 19 before switching in the afternoon for crappies. Found a deep hole and the slabs were STACKED UP!!! Hole was 30-36 feet and fish were 18-bottom. Had to drill a ton of holes and stay mobile. Literally you'd have fish in one hole and 5 feet away nothing. Average size was 12 inches with a few 14s.  Saturday tried for tulibee again and I think we got 10 for 7 of us. Switched to the same crappie hole and first 5 fish up the hole were tulibee lol. After a while we found crappies but just couldn't find them. Switched to 4 or 5 other spots then we finally found them. Thought were perch because bottom 5 feet were solid fish. Crappies were averaging 11 inch. Had to stay mobile and drill a lot of holes. kept enough for a supper.  Sunday morning my buddy and I went after big tulibee and got a late start (9 am start). We started by targeting spots people hadn't been lately. Instantly we had 3 on the ice. It was weird they were coming out of the mud. After hour half we quit graphing them so took off for new spots. We ended up with 4 fish biggest two were 4 lbs 4 oz and 3 lbs 12 oz. After that we took off for crappies again. We parked the ranger and guess fish wanted to hide under it. Literally had 10 holes drilled with 10 feet of the ranger and we just kept circling the ranger. We did film a YouTube vide and hopefully the wind wasn't too strong for the audio.    Sadly I doubt I will make it back out again. 
    • Chill62
      Well I got out the last three days and I need a vacation from my outing lol. Friday we fished am for tulibee and ended up with 19 before switching in the afternoon for crappies. Found a deep hole and the slabs were STACKED UP!!! Hole was 30-36 feet and fish were 18-bottom. Had to drill a ton of holes and stay mobile. Literally you'd have fish in one hole and 5 feet away nothing. Average size was 12 inches with a few 14s.  Saturday tried for tulibee again and I think we got 10 for 7 of us. Switched to the same crappie hole and first 5 fish up the hole were tulibee lol. After a while we found crappies but just couldn't find them. Switched to 4 or 5 other spots then we finally found them. Thought were perch because bottom 5 feet were solid fish. Crappies were averaging 11 inch. Had to stay mobile and drill a lot of holes. kept enough for a supper.  Sunday morning my buddy and I went after big tulibee and got a late start (9 am start). We started by targeting spots people hadn't been lately. Instantly we had 3 on the ice. It was weird they were coming out of the mud. After hour half we quit graphing them so took off for new spots. We ended up with 4 fish biggest two were 4 lbs 4 oz and 3 lbs 12 oz. After that we took off for crappies again. We parked the ranger and guess fish wanted to hide under it. Literally had 10 holes drilled with 10 feet of the ranger and we just kept circling the ranger. We did film a YouTube vide and hopefully the wind wasn't too strong for the audio.    Sadly I doubt I will make it back out again. 
    • PRO-V
      Mine is my wife and our 5 kids (youngest is 29). All are independent and have given us 7 grandkids who are a hoot. Not to mention all of my great friends. I'm only 60 but I've gotten in a massive amount of fishing and hunting since I was 5. Feel sorry for the guys who did nothing but work most of their life thinking they would have their fun at retirement. Doesn't usually work out. I tried to balance work, family and adventure. If I died now I lived a full life but wanna see the kids/grandkids grow up. Their old enough now to have fun with and my days of having to dig a new outhouse hole are over. My son is a huge help now.
    • PRO-V
      Highlight of my life was seeing AC/DC on their last tour at Excel Center. Rock on!! 
    • Borch
      For me it's family, friends and faith.  My health has been good and I'm currently working through some things health wise.  But I'm positive and have found more support and care than I could have imagined.  For that, I truly felt blessed.   I'm lucky to have a wife who loves me even with my short comings.  Again, I'm a very lucky man.  I have 6 granddaughters who love to hug and talk to papa.  Makes me smile even now as I type this.  My 3 adult children are doing well and actually call the old man for advise and like to hang out with me which I really enjoy.  My folks are on their way home from south TX.  We got to visit and fish with them there this winter.  I feel fortunate to be able to do things with them yet.  Finally getting out to fish and hunt with all of these freinds and family are what really make me feel like one fortunate guy.
    • eyeguy 54
      Thankful for grandkids. Interesting and fun stage of life. 😁
    • Borch
      I generally fish close to home and after dark opening weekend.  Just too crazy during the day and it's so quiet at night.  Not to mention it can me very good fishing to boot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.